885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

mumbai consulte is closed on monday

Yaap President's Day :) !

we are going ot the embassy next week to se what i is happening and if any luck will let u guys know

Gr8..Please let us know about the post visit experience

Timeline

hello guys ,

i have some queries.i know my question is not for 221(g) , but it is related to Mumbai consulate and delay in passport delivery just like you guys.

we submitted our passports at Mumbai consulate at 31 jan 2013 . consular officer told us that "you will receive your passports within 2-4 days ,have a nice life in united states". but 12 days are gone. we haven't received our passports.

i have already emailed to mumbai consulate about my situation. and also tried to get in touch visa fb visa tab.but no response.

i checked online status at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

it was "READY" on 31 Jan 2013. then on 5th feb status update date changed to 5th feb. status remain unchanged.

plz guys tell me what should i do anybody plz help me..pgupta ,payl sharma. s patel.. .thnx in advance .

I would say wait till February. Because you have submitted it on Jan 31, so I believe according to the serial number they will print visa in the passport and release accordingly. It is not that, that you have sent it on Jan 31 and will get on Feb 4/ 5. So no worries buddy. You will get it soon :)...they always say that within 2-4 days you will get that.

Timeline

Hi All,

I had my interview on 27th november and got a 221g for pcc.Its almost been 80 days and I havent heard from them except that my case is in admin processing.

Also can someone please tell me for how long are the medical reports valid.

Hi AdiV,

Regarding your first case, you have to be patient :)

Secondly, Medical Reports valid for 6 months...

Timeline

Hi AdiV,

payal but how long it usually takes yaar they said it took 60 days to review our case. I had completed my interview on 3rd December 2012. & submitted document on 22nd January 2013. How come we have to keep patient beyond 60 days. its 221g for PCC.

Edited by gkanki

Timeline

payal but how long it usually takes yaar they said it took 60 days to review our case. I had completed my interview on 3rd December 2012. & submitted document on 22nd January 2013. How come we have to keep patient beyond 60 days. its 221g for PCC.

Gkanki, actually we have to wait. Nothing can be done except if you want to take any legal steps against them like Writ of Mandamus/ or hiring an immigration lawyer but showing rage against them will only make the matter worse. So have to wait.

if you go back to the forum and read Dinank's case, you would know that they told him that his wife's case has been completed, so submit your passport and up till now no visa granted. So it depends...Even it is even beyond 60 days case..Calling Senator won't help to much as well..so only way is to have the patience and nothing I can say..Even I am also waiting..:( :( :(

Timeline

Hi All,

I had my interview on 27th november and got a 221g for pcc.Its almost been 80 days and I havent heard from them except that my case is in admin processing.

Also can someone please tell me for how long are the medical reports valid.

hi Adiv

Do they need any other document from you? except PCC. Because mine is same case. my interview was on 3rd december and i submitted my document on 22nd january 2013. I know , i have to wait but not beyond 60 days.

Edited by gkanki

Timeline

Helo everyone,

My immigrant visa status is being updated 3 times in the last 30 days. Is this is any good sign or just another routine as part of AP?. Anybody here knows?. I have already completed 110 days of waiting after giving certificates related to 221g. :)

Timeline

Helo everyone,

My immigrant visa status is being updated 3 times in the last 30 days. Is this is any good sign or just another routine as part of AP?. Anybody here knows?. I have already completed 110 days of waiting after giving certificates related to 221g. :)

what kind of certificate?

Timeline

Embassy people r really stupid, Why they taking so long for no reason? This 221g looks like to me bubble gum. more and more chew and its test less yaar. If our case r delay at USCIS or NVC processing level then its ok. Why they r delaying at these point of time? Difficult to digest.........

hi Adiv

Do they need any other document from you? except PCC. Because mine is same case. my interview was on 3rd december and i submitted my document on 22nd january 2013. I know , i have to wait but not beyond 60 days.

Hi gkanki,

At the interview I was told to just submit my pcc. My case status changed to admin processing on 26th Dec. and shows the same since then. I thought that they are not working on my case and emailed ustraveldocs to ask them whether my case was being delayed because they needed any additional documents to which they replied that if any additional docs were needed then the embassy would directly contact me. But till now it doesnt look like they need anything else. Just cant understand whats going on, its really frustrating :(

Hi AdiV,

Hi Payal,

I know that I have to be patient, but sometimes feel cant wait any longer. You know I have been following this forum since the past 1 month and somewhere all you guys conversations have given me strength. Just keep praying that everyones wait should end really soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.