885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I agree with Payal, writ of mandamus force them to make a decision on petition which can be Yes or No. and it is usually filed if you have waited years.if it is few months courts may not take this.

Thanks Pawan for the support :) I think Dinank should think twice regarding writ of Mandamus..

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Pawan for the support :) I think Dinank should think twice regarding writ of Mandamus..

I haven't filed yet but I am debating since it has been more than 60 days since my wife's passport submission and over 120 days since the original interview. That's beyond reasonable time frame to get processed. I am going to wait another week before going that route

Timeline

I haven't filed yet but I am debating since it has been more than 60 days since my wife's passport submission and over 120 days since the original interview. That's beyond reasonable time frame to get processed. I am going to wait another week before going that route

hi dinank, how are you? you got 221g for what. what's the reason for it?

Timeline

Congrats Mitu..... :dance:

Hey Dinank....Let us know any luck with writ of mandamus. :thumbs:

Hi Mkaurd,

Any update? Mine as usual no. Just wondering about one thing. Earlier say one month back when I used to inquire about status and current status of 221(G) in the ustraveldocs, the status updated date in the CEAC also used to change because of frequent inquiry. But nowadays I am asking frequently for the 221(G) case, but the status updated date doesn't change nowadays and it glued to Jan 25. Even the chat session is closed and whenever I tried to chat with them, it opens with an offline query form. So looks like they are overburdened with work? I think Sam is right, that he has visited the mumbai vfs and saw they need people on an urgent basis...not sure what they are doing..

Timeline

Hi Mkaurd,

Any update? Mine as usual no. Just wondering about one thing. Earlier say one month back when I used to inquire about status and current status of 221(G) in the ustraveldocs, the status updated date in the CEAC also used to change because of frequent inquiry. But nowadays I am asking frequently for the 221(G) case, but the status updated date doesn't change nowadays and it glued to Jan 25. Even the chat session is closed and whenever I tried to chat with them, it opens with an offline query form. So looks like they are overburdened with work? I think Sam is right, that he has visited the mumbai vfs and saw they need people on an urgent basis...not sure what they are doing..

same here.............no news......

Timeline

Thanks Mr. Pawan again for helping.

Hi Mitu,

I am asking you something different since I know you will be busy with your husband's travel preparation now:). Just wondering that I am now sending mails everyday to support-India..few days they wrote that its under mandatory AP, then AP and now they are writing as still in the process of being reviewed, we will contact you soon as soon as we get a response in a very short sentences..what does it mean..I mean something good news is awaiting?

please answer if you can!

Timeline

Hi Mitu,

I am asking you something different since I know you will be busy with your husband's travel preparation now:). Just wondering that I am now sending mails everyday to support-India..few days they wrote that its under mandatory AP, then AP and now they are writing as still in the process of being reviewed, we will contact you soon as soon as we get a response in a very short sentences..what does it mean..I mean something good news is awaiting?

please answer if you can!

Unfortunately, both mean the same thing. Meaning "Be patient and we will contact you when ready".

But they will not call you to pick up your passport. You will have to keep checking your status on CEAC and through UsTravelDocs.

I only kept mailing Support-India, b/c I was bored every day.

One time I wrote, "Its been 50 days, it should not take 50 days."

They replied back with this, "We understand that the applicants case is pending since 50 days, we understand your situation. We apologize for the delay in processing. Please note that once the processing is completed you will be informed. Alternatively, follow the link to track the status of your case online “https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/”."

So, bottom line, you will have to keep checking “https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/”. One day it will be say "issued". And few days later you will have your passport in hand.

Timeline

Unfortunately, both mean the same thing. Meaning "Be patient and we will contact you when ready".

But they will not call you to pick up your passport. You will have to keep checking your status on CEAC and through UsTravelDocs.

I only kept mailing Support-India, b/c I was bored every day.

One time I wrote, "Its been 50 days, it should not take 50 days."

They replied back with this, "We understand that the applicants case is pending since 50 days, we understand your situation. We apologize for the delay in processing. Please note that once the processing is completed you will be informed. Alternatively, follow the link to track the status of your case online “https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/”."

So, bottom line, you will have to keep checking “https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/”. One day it will be say "issued". And few days later you will have your passport in hand.

Thanks Mitu for letting me know. In my case the status in CEAC is still showing Ready :( and when I my visa will be issued, I need to submit my passport again. So its again gonna time taking..Nowadays I am also getting bored and keep sending emails to ustravel docs..It is so frustrating.

Thanks Mitu for letting me know. In my case the status in CEAC is still showing Ready :( and when I my visa will be issued, I need to submit my passport again. So its again gonna time taking..Nowadays I am also getting bored and keep sending emails to ustravel docs..It is so frustrating.

Update for ppl following my case. They mailed a letter requesting to submit a new medical report. This is very frustrating since they had my wife's passport for more than 60 days since their "processing" was completed and they still DID NOT approve her visa.

Timeline

Update for ppl following my case. They mailed a letter requesting to submit a new medical report. This is very frustrating since they had my wife's passport for more than 60 days since their "processing" was completed and they still DID NOT approve her visa.

Dinank, so sorry to hear that..But I think after getting the new medical report they will issued her visa. Because this processing takes time and till then your wife's medical will be expired I guess if I am not mistaken you said one day that your wife's medical expires in February that is why..I think no to worry this wife for sure your wife will get visa.. :) Don't worry buddy :) I do understand your concern and its indeed frustrating..But she will get it this time..

Timeline

Medical reports means they will issue the visa once they get report.

Timeline

Hi Pawan,

Any guesses, calculations for our cases...your guess work/ calculations works always..Appreciate that :)

Now they are saying cases is under admin review....anyone know what does this mean? Any guesses?

Also, I am after you in que.....

Since they ask for medical report means that all is well....it is visa issuance time.... :dance:

Edited by mkaurd

Now they are saying cases is under admin review....anyone know what does this mean? Any guesses?

They gave my wife 221g for the same reason "ongoing relationship" and it has been 135 days since the interview and the case is still not completed. We received a letter on December 4 saying our "administrative processing" has been completed and requested my wife to submit her passport. She submitted her passport on Dec. 10, 2012 and now the medical expired without visa stamping. Bunch of lazy folks in mumbai consulate

Since they ask for medical report means that all is well....it is visa issuance time.... :dance:

Timeline

Hi Pawan,

Any guesses, calculations for our cases...your guess work/ calculations works always..Appreciate that :)

Payal, I wish that was the case, but my gut feeling is that you should get in feb and be in US in Feb. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.