885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am not 100% sure, but I did email everyday. B/c, not checking statuses got me more sad. To me, I rather know that nothing is being done and they are acknowledging it, than not check and worry over something unknown. If you know what I mean.

Everyday was something to look forward to. You killed time with shopping, where I killed it by annoying them everyday. :)

Thanks Mitu good to know that...Just now my husband scold me from usa......you know what now no one is not co-operating me.....in this crisis moment no one is listening to me whereas I need some attention and dedication in this moment........Sorry I am kinda emotional...........

Timeline

Thanks Mitu good to know that...Just now my husband scold me from usa......you know what now no one is not co-operating me.....in this crisis moment no one is listening to me whereas I need some attention and dedication in this moment........Sorry I am kinda emotional...........

It's okay, I understand. I also got emotional few times. Especially, when my husband said to drop everything about 221 or the consulate. At one point I cried. So, I do understand.

But i will say that consulate will finish everything within 60 days. Swehun's, Mr. Pawan's and mine were done round about 60 days.

I truly hope you too get your visa b/4 your 60 days are up.

Timeline

what is the meaning of deliverd to post or passport is Origination to Scan

The current status of your passport is In Transit To Post."= VFS/USTraveldocs is yet to deliver your passport to the Consulate. It is inbetween the USTraveldocs location and Consulate

"The current status of your passport is Delivered To Post." = VFS/USTraveldocs has delivered your passport to the Consulate.

"The current status of your passport is Origination Scan." = US Consulate has filled in your Courier slip but is awaiting Courier Company to pick it / Courier Company is in the process of issuing an AWB/Reference code.

"The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post." = The passport with or without the visa is now being transported by courier to the pick up location that you specified at the time of creating the appointment. Please check the location of pickup on your US Consulate appointment invitation letter

"The current status of your passport is Ready For Pickup." = It has arrived at the Pickup location. For some it may be the Facilitation Center.

"The current status of your passport is Picked Up." = Lets hope that it was you that picked it up.

Timeline

It's okay, I understand. I also got emotional few times. Especially, when my husband said to drop everything about 221 or the consulate. At one point I cried. So, I do understand.

But i will say that consulate will finish everything within 60 days. Swehun's, Mr. Pawan's and mine were done round about 60 days.

Yea I am crying right now! Thanks for saying that...Let's see how it goes...Those who suffers actually knows the pain...you know what Mitu, my parents are nowadays get irritated when i talked about visa....I told my husband to contact at least senator once..he says not now..at least wait for the 45 days..

He said senator are of no use much.....:( :( :(

Edited by Payal Sharma

Timeline

Yea I am crying right now! Thanks for saying that...Let's see how it goes...Those who suffers actually knows the pain...you know what Mitu, my parents are nowadays get irritated when i talked about visa....I told my husband to contact at least senator once..he says not now..at least wait for the 45 days..

He said senator are of no use much.....:( :( :(

On the radio today, they were talking about having a piffany right now about past moments. I say you too will have that piffany when you will be standing at the airport and your husband is there to pick you up. Then you will look back today and say how stupid and silly was I and you both will laugh at it together.

Timeline

On the radio today, they were talking about having a piffany right now about past moments. I say you too will have that piffany when you will be standing at the airport and your husband is there to pick you up. Then you will look back today and say how stupid and silly was I and you both will laugh at it together.

Ha ha...thanks for making me laugh:) nice of you to make me laugh at this:) :) Yea I will have that for sure

Timeline

Hi Pawan!

How are you? How is Madhu? Good to hear that Madhu is with you now....Don't worry about admission, it will sorted out quickly......EOD your wife will get SSN and Green card......

Good Luck!! keep posted...Nowadays you hardly visit this forum :)

Hi Payal,

Me and Madhu are doing fine. I do visit this forum everyday to check status of you guys.

I hope you and all waiting will get their visa soon.

no harm in contacting senator and congressman, my lawyer told me that it put gentle pressure on them to do your case. in my case my lawyer, senator, congressman and myself all inquired about my case.

all the best.

pawan

Hi Mitu,

did you or your husband called help desk about tracking number?

pawan

Timeline

Hi Mitu,

pawan

Yes, he did call up and they said it was ready for pick up. He will go on Friday to pick it up.

Thank you Mr. Pawan and every one.

Timeline

Hi Payal,

Me and Madhu are doing fine. I do visit this forum everyday to check status of you guys.

I hope you and all waiting will get their visa soon.

no harm in contacting senator and congressman, my lawyer told me that it put gentle pressure on them to do your case. in my case my lawyer, senator, congressman and myself all inquired about my case.

all the best.

pawan

Hi Pawan,

Thanks for letting me know. BTW do sometimes visit this forum...Your advises are very precious..

Good Luck!

Hi Mitu,

pawan

Mitu Congratulations! Don't worry, your husband's visa is on the way......All the best and don't forget to post the good news!!! Ragullas, barfi and Gulab Jamun blessings!! :) :) :)

Timeline

So....I got letter from sentor today with letter received from consulate that case is still pending. Calling senator won't help much at early stages, but if case go to really 8-9 months wait then it will help. However; it doesn't hurt to see getting some type of information from visa chief.

Timeline

So....I got letter from sentor today with letter received from consulate that case is still pending. Calling senator won't help much at early stages, but if case go to really 8-9 months wait then it will help. However; it doesn't hurt to see getting some type of information from visa chief.

ok good to know that at least sent a letter to you...Just wanna say, don't worry, everything will be fine..

Timeline

ok good to know that at least sent a letter to you...Just wanna say, don't worry, everything will be fine..

That means contacting senator will not be so fruitful right now atleast..because the same answer will be expected like case is under admn processing or kept hold for admn processing like ustravel docs..

Timeline

That means contacting senator will not be so fruitful right now atleast..because the same answer will be expected like case is under admn processing or kept hold for admn processing like ustravel docs..

Yes.....however; there is additional information. Means that what they did with case is there. There is little more informaion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.