885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

DOS will give you same "ready made" answer....I guess now it is time to call senator.

yea its true but mkaurd do you think calling the Senator will give you benefit because yesterday I told my hubby to call senator, he said I will but everyday the Senator is getting 100/ 1000 letters, calls for immigration status...and clearance so calling Senator will hardly helps. EOD we have to wait for the consulate's process and reply.

Mkaurd remember Pawan and Dinank's case, as they already contacted the Senator but Dinank's wife didn't get the visa up till now...though nowadays he didn't respond so I don't know the exact current status of his wife..

Filed: Timeline

yea its true but mkaurd do you think calling the Senator will give you benefit because yesterday I told my hubby to call senator, he said I will but everyday the Senator is getting 100/ 1000 letters, calls for immigration status...and clearance so calling Senator will hardly helps. EOD we have to wait for the consulate's process and reply.

Mkaurd remember Pawan and Dinank's case, as they already contacted the Senator but Dinank's wife didn't get the visa up till now...though nowadays he didn't respond so I don't know the exact current status of his wife..

Hi Payal,

I am still waiting for my wife's visa. It will be 60 days on Feb. 10, 2013 since my submitted her passport for visa stamping and it is still processing. I am still here looking at all the post but eagerly waiting for good news. I hope I hear something good this week

Timeline

Hi Payal,

I am still waiting for my wife's visa. It will be 60 days on Feb. 10, 2013 since my submitted her passport for visa stamping and it is still processing. I am still here looking at all the post but eagerly waiting for good news. I hope I hear something good this week

Don't worry Dinank, You will soon get the good news...I do understand and at the same time, I am also waiting for some good news..

Timeline

Mkaurd, you didn't receive any email from embassy/ ustraveldocs right? You know it is really time taking because then they will ask for passport submission, then again, they will take time and at last visa.......uff...

Timeline

Hi Payal,

Hi Dinank, who has sent the email to your wife for the passport submission? Mumbai Consulate or the Ustraveldocs? Please let me know

Timeline

Senators' office just get answer.....not that they are any kind of help....

Timeline

Mkaurd, you didn't receive any email from embassy/ ustraveldocs right? You know it is really time taking because then they will ask for passport submission, then again, they will take time and at last visa.......uff...

I am kinda loosing hope. I don't know what to do.......out of options...Don't know what is embassy up to now....What you guys do to keep your mind off?

Timeline

I am kinda loosing hope. I don't know what to do.......out of options...Don't know what is embassy up to now....What you guys do to keep your mind off?

I know they are of no help...Please don't worry..Feb just started.....wait and watch..rather please concentrate on your exam preparation. Thinking about Visa day/ night will only give you frustration dear and nothing else. Just prepare yourself for the exam and who knows there must be something best waiting for us...Please don't worry otherwise you will be frustrated and tensed......Let's leave it in the name of God and Embassy officers...

Cheer up! Not to worry dear! We are on the same boat dear!

To keep my mind off from this visa stuff, I pray and meditate alone...studying IT manual testing and doing work out in the morning........:( kya kare.....Its not that I give up but trying to deviate my mind otherwise taking tension is very hard and painful........

Edited by Payal Sharma

Timeline

I am still waiting for my visa. It will be 60 days on Feb. 5 2013 and my status showing "there is no update of your passport submitted" and also case update date remains same since 5 jan 2012

Really its very tensed situation .....

Timeline

I am still waiting for my visa. It will be 60 days on Feb. 5 2013 and my status showing "there is no update of your passport submitted" and also case update date remains same since 5 jan 2012

Really its very tensed situation .....

Yea I do understand.......kinda tensed too.....I don't understand one thing..they have declared that in CEAC, we can check the status there but they should update the status from time to time..mine is still showing...Ready status that is my pre - interview status so I have stopped checking CEAC..lets see how it goes..All depends on the Consulate..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all - we are in AP 221-G on K-1 Visa from interview 1-11-13 in Mumbai. Most of this thread indicates spouse but thought fiance' should chime in - we feel your pain. Got the white 221-G, in the margin says don't submit your passport, and at bottom asked for ALL emails, skype, phone logs for October-January. Have to travel to Team Stanley dropoff to submit the documents in Chennai.

Hope those from earlier AP get their issues resolved so they can have that Visa stamped and be together - wish you all speedy resolution!

Timeline

Hi Mkaurd, any updates? No update from my side as well..This month is running like a steady flow of water...You know one of my relative asked me that what is the color of 221(g) handout I got from the Mumbai consulate? I said white...Then he said, it is very dangerous......You know people take advantages, when you are married and waiting for visa to go abroad :( I said who told you? He said one of my friend.....

So it is kinda distracting..every day something new comes up....As if besides me, everybody knows every thing about visa...specially spouse visa and 221(g)

Anyways, lets see how it goes..it is really painful :( :( :(

And as usual same answers from ustravel docs, DOS and CEAC status...

keep me posted dear!

Edited by Payal Sharma

Timeline

Hi Mkaurd, any updates? No update from my side as well..This month is running like a steady flow of water...You know one of my relative asked me that what is the color of 221(g) handout I got from the Mumbai consulate? I said white...Then he said, it is very dangerous......You know people take advantages, when you are married and waiting for visa to go abroad :( I said who told you? He said one of my friend.....

So it is kinda distracting..every day something new comes up....As if besides me, everybody knows every thing about visa...specially spouse visa and 221(g)

Anyways, lets see how it goes..it is really painful :( :( :(

And as usual same answers from ustravel docs, DOS and CEAC status...

keep me posted dear!

I don't believe white paper is dangerous. Everyone for immigration gets this color paper only. If it is other color paper usually they are on different visa type. Don't listen to relatives, it is gonna make you stressful. My husband is going through same stress in India. All relative/friend drama.

Anyways no update from my side......status stuck on Jan 17th 2013. DOS same as AP. Ustravel hopless as processing passport. We have our passport. Senator is working on this case, they will let me know.

It will be 4 months till interview on Feb 10. Now hoping for March/April.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.