885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Date may be changed due to your inquiry. I totally understand your frustration. Going through same thing. I am thinking of calling senator for help.

I have CPA exam end of February which requires so much concentration. I can't think straight anymore. Hopefully we all get visa.

Hi Mkaurd,

Any update........?

Timeline

No Mkaurd, not yet and tomorrow is holiday in the consulate as it will be the last Wednesday of this month......so frustrating :(

I am pretty sure they are waiting for visa fee increase. That is when they will issue some AP visa. I have not seen anyone in AP getting visa this month except couple of them like Pawan (minor reasons for AP).

Timeline

I am pretty sure they are waiting for visa fee increase. That is when they will issue some AP visa. I have not seen anyone in AP getting visa this month except couple of them like Pawan (minor reasons for AP).

Lets see how it goes in February...I agree with you 100%...

Timeline

has anyones status last updated date channged ......my date is same for past 12days ie on 17th jan. if the date changes it will be relief thinking may be there are wotking on our case

My status date still stuck at January 7th. So sad.

Timeline

No Mkaurd, not yet and tomorrow is holiday in the consulate as it will be the last Wednesday of this month......so frustrating :(

Hey. Isnt it that the last Wednesday of the month no interviews posted so that they could work on 221g cases?

Timeline

has anyones status last updated date channged ......my date is same for past 12days ie on 17th jan. if the date changes it will be relief thinking may be there are wotking on our case

Nope Doc! :( No update..........I think mkaurd is right, they are waiting for visa fees increase...and looks like they will release few AP in February..

Timeline

So like everyone, I check my case status at CEAC.GOV and I send Email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com.

Today I have mixed feelings about the update I got from both.

CEAC still states under Administrative Processing with last updated date January 7th, 2013

passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com states "The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post."

Now I am not a strict religious like my husband, but, if what ustraveldocs.com says is true and we are getting our passport by the end of the week (Friday would be the day my husband can pick up his passport as the VFS office is 3.5 hours away and he has work as well) I will go to temple and tell my husband to donate to needy.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck everyone. I will keep you posted.

Timeline

So like everyone, I check my case status at CEAC.GOV and I send Email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com.

Today I have mixed feelings about the update I got from both.

CEAC still states under Administrative Processing with last updated date January 7th, 2013

passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com states "The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post."

Now I am not a strict religious like my husband, but, if what ustraveldocs.com says is true and we are getting our passport by the end of the week (Friday would be the day my husband can pick up his passport as the VFS office is 3.5 hours away and he has work as well) I will go to temple and tell my husband to donate to needy.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck everyone. I will keep you posted.

Mitu, my status is still showing Ready whereas I am under administrative processing..so I hope we all get visa in February...that's it... everywhere whether it's CEAC or ustraveldocs, I am getting contradictory statement..

Timeline

Mitu, my status is still showing Ready whereas I am under administrative processing..so I hope we all get visa in February...that's it... everywhere whether it's CEAC or ustraveldocs, I am getting contradictory statement..

My case status has not changed since Jan 17th.....It changed so many times while they were working on the case. I am so depressed right now.....what do you guys do to avoid thinking about case.

Just want to avoid immigration for future.

Timeline

My case status has not changed since Jan 17th.....It changed so many times while they were working on the case. I am so depressed right now.....what do you guys do to avoid thinking about case.

Just want to avoid immigration for future.

I exactly know the feeling!!! It was just a PCC in my case and more than 40 days since i submitted my documents. Finally they seemed to have looked into the case on 17th Jan after a month and no more updates since then. Seems like my entire life in a pause button.!! career.. personal life.. everything!!

Hmm.. What i do to avoid thinking about it?? Been sleeping a lot lately.:-p. And loads of shopping. It has become kinda therapeutic.:-p.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.