885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

HI My husband and I have been put in a situation.. our interview was OCtober 16 2012 but in New delhi... THe consulate told us that we were approved but we have to give them time to investigate our other case for FIANCE which we filed in 2011... we have not heard anything back from them except that we are under administrative processing.. and that was through the website. They have kept his passport. and we contacted the congressman which was no help because the case was under administrative processing, and that they would contact the embassy after 45 days have passed. Basically, we have pass the 60 day mark on January 18 counting the holidays and weekends.... also we have crossed our one year mark when we applied for the case! Also I am in india with my husband waiting and waiting for next month to pass by so we would hear some good news.. but it doesnt seem like its happening... Can anyone give me a timeframe that has gone through this investigation process please.. " every case is different" I have heard that more than anything now and really wish they would keep cases on top and get a move on with.

Hope to hear from everyone

Timeline

HI My husband and I have been put in a situation.. our interview was OCtober 16 2012 but in New delhi... THe consulate told us that we were approved but we have to give them time to investigate our other case for FIANCE which we filed in 2011... we have not heard anything back from them except that we are under administrative processing.. and that was through the website. They have kept his passport. and we contacted the congressman which was no help because the case was under administrative processing, and that they would contact the embassy after 45 days have passed. Basically, we have pass the 60 day mark on January 18 counting the holidays and weekends.... also we have crossed our one year mark when we applied for the case! Also I am in india with my husband waiting and waiting for next month to pass by so we would hear some good news.. but it doesnt seem like its happening... Can anyone give me a timeframe that has gone through this investigation process please.. " every case is different" I have heard that more than anything now and really wish they would keep cases on top and get a move on with.

Hope to hear from everyone

Hi,

Tab-Jas there is no specific time frame dear! All depends upon the consulate ppl. Getting visa is like a patience game and nothing else. All we need to wait, wait and wait :( :( :(

Timeline

Hi,

Tab-Jas there is no specific time frame dear! All depends upon the consulate ppl. Getting visa is like a patience game and nothing else. All we need to wait, wait and wait :( :( :(

Yes I figured that out! BUt the fact that our lives are like put on hold for something silly like this... :/

Timeline

Yes I figured that out! BUt the fact that our lives are like put on hold for something silly like this... :/

Don't worry everything will be just fine. We are on the same boat. It's true that our cases are different but these two things are common for everyone and that is " Waiting and Patience".. Sooner or Later we will all get Visa!

Any update on case?

Hey Mkaurd, any update on your case? Any email from Embassy/ Ustraveldocs for submission of Passport?

Timeline

Don't worry everything will be just fine. We are on the same boat. It's true that our cases are different but these two things are common for everyone and that is " Waiting and Patience".. Sooner or Later we will all get Visa!

Hey Mkaurd, any update on your case? Any email from Embassy/ Ustraveldocs for submission of Passport?

not yet.....I don't see any recent visa issuance under 221g. Are they waiting for Feb 1st for visa fees to be increased? I see this a valid reason. Also, next week there are no schdeuled interviews. Are they close or working on 221g cases?

Edited by mkaurd

Timeline

not yet.....I don't see any recent visa issuance under 221g. Are they waiting for Feb 1st for visa fees to be increased? I see this a valid reason. Also, next week there are no schdeuled interviews. Are they close or working on 221g cases?

Hey mkaurd, just now I have checked status in the DOS website and it is showing status updated date on Jan 23, 2013 that is today but the status is same, that is " Ready". And you mean visa fees to be increased that means do we have to pay the increased money as well?

If there are no interviews scheduled that means they will work on the 221g cases because together taking interview and assessing 221g cases will be tiresome..

Timeline

I email to Support@ustraveldocs and no change in the answer, "We understand your concern that you wish to know the status of your passport. You will receive an automatic response with the status."

I check my status through emailing @ passport@Ustraveldocs and Support@UStraveldocs, but my date has not changed in the past month @ Ceac.state.gov (Visa Status check).

What is this DOS you speak of? is it same as Ceac.state.gov?

My date still states last updated on January 7th.

How do I get that to change is there some where else I can email for it?

Help Please.

Timeline

I email to Support@ustraveldocs and no change in the answer, "We understand your concern that you wish to know the status of your passport. You will receive an automatic response with the status."

I check my status through emailing @ passport@Ustraveldocs and Support@UStraveldocs, but my date has not changed in the past month @ Ceac.state.gov (Visa Status check).

What is this DOS you speak of? is it same as Ceac.state.gov?

My date still states last updated on January 7th.

How do I get that to change is there some where else I can email for it?

Help Please.

Yes DOS (Department of State) and Ceac.state.gov are same..there is no other alternative

Calling UStraveldocs, email them, calling DOS and check the status in the website.. Only these are the alternatives Mitu!! Sorry tos ay that

Timeline

Yes DOS (Department of State) and Ceac.state.gov are same..there is no other alternative

Calling UStraveldocs, email them, calling DOS and check the status in the website.. Only these are the alternatives Mitu!! Sorry tos ay that

Thank you, at least you get entertained when you see your "Last updated" date change.

I get zilch.

Thanks again

Timeline

Thank you, at least you get entertained when you see your "Last updated" date change.

I get zilch.

Thanks again

Dear Mitu, EOD Visa matters and nothing else..I am not elated when I saw my last updated date. Because my last updated changed on that day also when I got back my passport without visa. Have patience we will all get visa.

Timeline

Dear Mitu, EOD Visa matters and nothing else..I am not elated when I saw my last updated date. Because my last updated changed on that day also when I got back my passport without visa. Have patience we will all get visa.

I know. I still have 10 more days b4 I reach 60 day mark. I wont panic till then. :bonk:

Its just that my patience is wearing thin. I know we will get visas and we will be reunited with our loved ones. I am glad we are here to help each other.

Timeline

Hey mkaurd, just now I have checked status in the DOS website and it is showing status updated date on Jan 23, 2013 that is today but the status is same, that is " Ready". And you mean visa fees to be increased that means do we have to pay the increased money as well?

If there are no interviews scheduled that means they will work on the 221g cases because together taking interview and assessing 221g cases will be tiresome..

I hope we all get visa within Jan/Feb. It is really frustrating...

Timeline

I hope we all get visa within Jan/Feb. It is really frustrating...

Hey mkaurd, you said that consulate has not scheduled any interview for the next week. But I have checked now and they are taking interview till Jan 31...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.