885 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Payal, what time of the day you of email about it?

Pawan my husband again called Dos..the guy told him that this returning passport and 221(g) is very normal in Mumbai Consulate. SO nothing to worry. Once they completed the process they will ask for the passport for visa stamping..Its simple 221(G)

Timeline

Pawan, they sent the 221(g) and passport on jan 9 to OFC and I got mail on Jan 14 at 5:30 pm..IST through email and Jan 15 I have picked up my passport and 221(g) from kolkata

thanks Payal, just wanted to check timings so when to expect emails from them.

Pawan my husband again called Dos..the guy told him that this returning passport and 221(g) is very normal in Mumbai Consulate. SO nothing to worry. Once they completed the process they will ask for the passport for visa stamping..Its simple 221(G)

but they have not returned our passport.

Edited by pgupta

Timeline

thanks Payal, just wanted to check timings so when to expect emails from them.

but they have not returned out passport.

No my husband asked regarding those who got back their passport along with 221(G)..what does it mean?

Timeline

Wow Kool, call help desk and find out.

Hey Pawan and everyone just wanted to share this topic because I think at least I was unknown earlier about 221(G) before reading this article.

Read this:

http://www.articlesbase.com/immigration-articles/most-common-visa-refusal-type-221g-5094653.html

A WHITE form is a complex category of 221G.They return the Case to USCIS for further Verification. (Reason of doubt not known).

Now open the USCIS site:

Register yourself as a Customer..

and you will get to know on the left hand site of the page:

On the left hand side, under My Account

. Click on My Portfolio

You will get to know on the last of the page something is written with star marks:

* Note on "Last Updated" date:

Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email and/or text message notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.

That means mine is showing still Ready but last status case updated on Jan 14, 2013.

That means internal USCIS processing being performed..

Timeline

Hey Pawan and everyone just wanted to share this topic because I think at least I was unknown earlier about 221(G) before reading this article.

Read this:

http://www.articlesbase.com/immigration-articles/most-common-visa-refusal-type-221g-5094653.html

A WHITE form is a complex category of 221G.They return the Case to USCIS for further Verification. (Reason of doubt not known).

Now open the USCIS site:

Register yourself as a Customer..

and you will get to know on the left hand site of the page:

On the left hand side, under My Account

. Click on My Portfolio

You will get to know on the last of the page something is written with star marks:

* Note on "Last Updated" date:

Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email and/or text message notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.

That means mine is showing still Ready but last status case updated on Jan 14, 2013.

That means internal USCIS processing being performed..

Payal, i think this article is incorrect. Consulate send application back to USCIS only after DENIAL at consulate. our cases are just on hold due to Application Review/Administrative Processing.

The USCIS page your referring to is for when we file initial I-130 application with USCIS. USCIS have similar case status page.

Our cases are still in Mumbai.

Timeline

Payal, i think this article is incorrect. Consulate send application back to USCIS only after DENIAL at consulate. our cases are just on hold due to Application Review/Administrative Processing.

The USCIS page your referring to is for when we file initial I-130 application with USCIS. USCIS have similar case status page.

Our cases are still in Mumbai.

Ohh good to know that Pawan. You know kinda restless so searching here and there and try to get something fruitful information especially the time span. This time span is really unbearable.

Timeline

Any update on your cases?

So sad...my anniversary is coming this Sunday. :(

OHH sorry to hear that dear. no, not yet but send a mail to ustraveldocs and got reply today that it is kept pending for admin review.

yesterday jan 15 was my first marriage anniversary, missed my hubby :( :( :(

BTW mkaurd, Many Many happy Returns of the Day! DOn't be sad please!

Timeline

I think anniversaries for every one on this thread will come to pass due to 221g.

I cant even wish bad things to COs @ Mumbai Consulate, b/c That will delay even more. I want to wish good for the COs but I am afraid they might get wayyy tooo excited and start slacking jobs even more.

My(Our) kismat right!! :rofl:

Timeline

OHH sorry to hear that dear. no, not yet but send a mail to ustraveldocs and got reply today that it is kept pending for admin review.

yesterday jan 15 was my first marriage anniversary, missed my hubby :( :( :(

BTW mkaurd, Many Many happy Returns of the Day! DOn't be sad please!

Thanks a lot....And Happy belated anniversary.

So, it means they have not yet start to work on your case yet?

Timeline

I think anniversaries for every one on this thread will come to pass due to 221g.

I cant even wish bad things to COs @ Mumbai Consulate, b/c That will delay even more. I want to wish good for the COs but I am afraid they might get wayyy tooo excited and start slacking jobs even more.

My(Our) kismat right!! :rofl:

AP in India is relatively faster than other countries....I guess we all count one day of seperation as a year....These days, my day start to check visa status.

I belive it will happen end of this month....Counslors need time off public to work on these cases.

Edited by mkaurd

Timeline

Thanks a lot....And Happy belated anniversary.

So, it means they have not yet start to work on your case yet?

Thanks dear. ok so when they will start working on my case, what will be status then?

Timeline

Thanks dear. ok so when they will start working on my case, what will be status then?

I think....usually after a month they start the process. For my case, DOS said that they are working the case. After UStravel said case is now pending officer review. However; in system it will always show Admin Processing. You should ask DOS if they are currently working on case.

Also, if depends on case situations....but process it almost same for all cases.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.