robandmilly

K1 Visa (Address Change and Wait Times) Country Clearance Letters

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone...

What a lengthy process. The K1 was accepted for NOA1 on 22 June 2012. We are still waiting on an update from the Vermont Service Center. I'm assuming we won't have an answer before Christmas.

Here is my question

I am the U.S. resident and I filed for my fiance in Philippines. Since the filing, she has taken a job in UAE. She has a much better job now and is doing well. I was fortunate enough to visit here again this month in UAE. The following are my questions if anyone has experience and/or advice. Thanks

1) Should she continue with the interview in Manila? (She is working in UAE now but can travel to Manila for the interview)

2) Would it be worthwhile to change her interview location to UAE (Dubia or Abu Dhabi)?

3) She has worked in the following countries (UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Singapore) we have the country clearance letter for UAE, Qatar and soon for Singapore

4) The Bahrain clearance letter is not being released. We have asked several times and even have someone there checking on it but nothing yet

5) Do we need to be concerned about the Bahrain clearance letter?

My biggest concern is to keep from delaying this process any longer than it already is. If we change her interview to UAE would that delay this process? The country clearance letter has me stressed out and she is stressed as well. To a point, we haven't brought up the Bahrain issue in the last few weeks.

If you have advice or experience on these I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you

K1 Visa - NOA1 on 22 June through VSC

Edited by robandmilly

Timeline

Hi everyone...

What a lengthy process. The K1 was accepted for NOA1 on 22 June 2012. We are still waiting on an update from the Vermont Service Center. I'm assuming we won't have an answer before Christmas.

Here is my question

I am the U.S. resident and I filed for my fiance in Philippines. Since the filing, she has taken a job in UAE. She has a much better job now and is doing well. I was fortunate enough to visit here again this month in UAE. The following are my questions if anyone has experience and/or advice. Thanks

1) Should she continue with the interview in Manila? (She is working in UAE now but can travel to Manila for the interview)

2) Would it be worthwhile to change her interview location to UAE (Dubia or Abu Dhabi)?

3) She has worked in the following countries (UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Singapore) we have the country clearance letter for UAE, Qatar and soon for Singapore

4) The Bahrain clearance letter is not being released. We have asked several times and even have someone there checking on it but nothing yet

5) Do we need to be concerned about the Bahrain clearance letter?

My biggest concern is to keep from delaying this process any longer than it already is. If we change her interview to UAE would that delay this process? The country clearance letter has me stressed out and she is stressed as well. To a point, we haven't brought up the Bahrain issue in the last few weeks.

If you have advice or experience on these I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you

K1 Visa - NOA1 on 22 June through VSC

Hi, I am not sure if you can change the address for the interview, but I did find some information about the police clearance in Bahrain:

If the applicant is living in Bahrain, the CID will schedule an interview, during which the applicant will be fingerprinted. The certificate is usually issued within 3-5 days after the interview. Records are somewhat unreliable prior to 1967. There is a fee for this service of Bahrain Dinars 1.000 or U.S. $3.00 for this service. Checks and Bank Drafts are not accepted.

Applicants no longer living in Bahrain should follow the same procedure and provide the same documentation. However, they will also have to provide a set of fingerprints taken by local police in their country of residence.

If there is a Bahrain Embassy where the applicant resides, the can contact the Bahrain Embassy to complete the necessary formalities.

Note: Certificates are not issued for holders of visitor's visas. In order for CID to issue a Good Conduct Certificate, an applicant must currently have, or previously have had, a valid residence permit in Bahrain.

Good Luck

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Timeline

Thanks... So far we are waiting for an answer from Bahrain but no response yet. I had thought about personally visiting Bahrain but with the recent activities there not sure its safe as it used to be.

Will the Philippines embassy not allow her a visa without the did letter? Just wondering if they will actually require it since she would have all the other countries. We will continue trying and I will call Bahrain again.

Thanks

Timeline

Thanks... So far we are waiting for an answer from Bahrain but no response yet. I had thought about personally visiting Bahrain but with the recent activities there not sure its safe as it used to be.

Will the Philippines embassy not allow her a visa without the did letter? Just wondering if they will actually require it since she would have all the other countries. We will continue trying and I will call Bahrain again.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.