SB & JM

Losing all hope with Mumbai Embassy

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My application for K1, fiance visa was approved at Vermont service center on August 9th, 2012 . Afterwards, it went to national visa center and it was later forwarded to U.S. Consulate in Mumbai on August 20th. We received conformation that the documents reached the embassy on August 28th, 2012. Still now, we havent received any response back from the embassy. The customer call center is completely USELESS. They dont know anything about the case and just tell you to be patient. Now they are telling me that they never received my case documents. I dont know who to believe any more. No one wants to take responsiblity for the case. Everytime, they tell you something different. I have contacted National Visa Center and Department of State. I have even emailed the congressman. Still nothing.

Note:

I send them packet 3 documents by email and by mail back in september. we received conformation that it was received by the embassy.

Petition expires December 8th, 2012.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Don't lose hope star_smile.gif ever!

How did you receive the notification about your documents reaching the Embassy on the 28th? Did they email you? Did you call?

Is there any other way to communicate with the embassy other than the call center? Can you email them?

Timeline

The national visa center was able to track the documents. (DHL Service)

How did you receive the notification about your documents reaching the Embassy on the 28th? Did they email you? Did you call?

Is there any other way to communicate with the embassy other than the call center? Can you email them?

Timeline

I have emailed them over 10-15 times. Everytime its always the same message, "Be patient".

I have talked to them on skype and on chat. I have even messaged on the facebook page.

Timeline

When you emailed them, did they acknowledge they had your file? When did they say they didn't?

blush.gif I can only imagine how frustrating it is.

Do you want me to move your post to the India forum to see if anyone had a similar experience with the Mumbai embassy?

Timeline

They never acknowledged that they have the documents. The only conformation i received was from the national visa center. I just received an email response yesterday saying that they didnt receive my case documents. And that now i should contact National visa center.

if you could move this to the india forum, it will be greatly appreciated.

When you emailed them, did they acknowledge they had your file? When did they say they didn't?

blush.gif I can only imagine how frustrating it is.

Do you want me to move your post to the India forum to see if anyone had a similar experience with the Mumbai embassy?

Timeline

Done good.gif Hopefully other people can chime in.

I only remember a, fairly recent case, of a couple going through the Russian consulate. It seemed like their package was lost. They kept calling NVC and got the same response you did, but the embassy kept saying they didn't have it. Weeks later, the embassy said they received it and continued with the process... but I don't think it took as many months as it's taking with yours.

blush.gif

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

This is kinda weird. Ive never heard of emailing packet3 to mumbai con.

Maybe its diffrent for k1 visa. I was only sent packet 4. Maybe packet 3 is not in use.

This all sounds kinda weird.

5/1/2022 - Filed I-130 For Mom

5/1/2022 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.