G and S

Passport Delivery after Visa Approval

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dear All - My wife's Visa (CR1) was approved last Friday and she paid Rs. 300 at Express Service Desk for passport delivery where she was told that it will be sent to home address. But US travel docs web site shows a VFS pick up location. We are based in Bangalore. Can someone with recent experience comment on whether we can expect this at home or need to pick it up from VFS office?

This is URGENT as travel day is this Saturday. We would appreciate your quick response.

Thanks

Edited by G and S

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Did your wife register herself in ustraveldocs.com/in ?? According to the new procedure you have to register over there and update your profile. At one stage you would find your passport delivery location and you need to select the nearest passport drop off location for your wife. But as she paid 300 INR @ Express Service Desk so I reckon you do not need to worry about your passport delivery location. You'd receive the passport along with your visa to the mentioned home address.

You might have to reschedule the travel day, b-c if you are super lucky then only you would receive the passport along with the visa in such a short span of time. Best of luck.

Removal Of Conditions

02/17/2015 - I-751 package sent to USCIS California Center via USPS

02/19/2015 - NOA issued

03/17/2015 - Biometrics

08/24/2015 - New GC produced

09/04/2015 - 10 Year GC in HAND (199th DAY)

Naturalization N 400

03/07/2016 - N 400 package sent to USCIS Phoenix, AZ Lockbox via USPS

03/15/2016 - NOA issued

04/04/2016 - Biometrics

07/20/2016 - Interview for Naturalization

08/25/2016 - Oath Ceremony (I'm a CITIZEN of United States)

"Though patience be a jaded mare, yet she will plod" - Sir William Shakespeare

Timeline

Dear All - My wife's Visa (CR1) was approved last Friday and she paid Rs. 300 at Express Service Desk for passport delivery where she was told that it will be sent to home address. But US travel docs web site shows a VFS pick up location. We are based in Bangalore. Can someone with recent experience comment on whether we can expect this at home or need to pick it up from VFS office?

This is URGENT as travel day is this Saturday. We would appreciate your quick response.

Thanks

USTRAVELDOCS site is not current send an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com indicating passport number in subject and mail body you will get status back in 2 seconds, do not write anything else in email

Timeline

Thanks

Hey G&S, my Husband's interview was on Friday 23rd too and we had scheduled pick up from the Mumbai VFS, which is actually the OFC where you go to pick up. He send email on Tuesday to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com and in reply got this message "The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post". On the day of the interview they said they will also update him via text message but nothing of this sort happened till Wednesday evening so my husband went to the OFC today and found that the visa was ready from Tuesday. He questioned them for not updating and their explanation is "technical difficulty".

Well long story short my husband picked up his visa from the Mumbai OFC on 29th Thursday. If you dont get any updates via online or customer service phone line and do not see anything via post then go to the OFC and pick it up. They are just so messed up with their system.:bonk:

Timeline

Hi Capri

Thx for update

my wife and me plan to pick up visa for her from Mumbai itself instead of the home delivery service she lives in mumbai , and you said we can pick up from OFC where is these located and i thaught we are supposed to pick up from Blue Dart Courier office in mumbai ??

Timeline

Dear All - Thanks all for your quick responses. We were able to get our passport yesterday from VFS location in Bangalore!! But it was a herculean task as it is a complete mess at this office. They did not have a clue on where the passport was, how to track and locate it. We were lucky to finally get through them and find our passport.

This begs the question, why they take Rs. 300 to deliver to our home address whereas it still gets delivered to VFS office? We plan to write to VFS/US consulate on our overall experience so that they can fix this for others in the future.

A quick question, do we need to stand in US Citizen/Permanent Resident line at POE in US or should my wife go through the other line.

Thanks

Timeline

Hi Capri

Thx for update

my wife and me plan to pick up visa for her from Mumbai itself instead of the home delivery service she lives in mumbai , and you said we can pick up from OFC where is these located and i thaught we are supposed to pick up from Blue Dart Courier office in mumbai ??

My husband picked it up and he said "Mumbai OFC" which is somewhat close to the consulate. I cannot ask him details now, as he going back to Kerala and he's in the train. I will post the details by tommorrow. He did say that this was an office outside the actual OFC so I wonder if it could be the Blue dart courier office or not. He mentioned that whoever went inside OFC couldnt take cell phones and that there was security check etc. Maybe I can get back to you today itself. Sorry for the wait!

Timeline

Dear All - Thanks all for your quick responses. We were able to get our passport yesterday from VFS location in Bangalore!! But it was a herculean task as it is a complete mess at this office. They did not have a clue on where the passport was, how to track and locate it. We were lucky to finally get through them and find our passport.

This begs the question, why they take Rs. 300 to deliver to our home address whereas it still gets delivered to VFS office? We plan to write to VFS/US consulate on our overall experience so that they can fix this for others in the future.

A quick question, do we need to stand in US Citizen/Permanent Resident line at POE in US or should my wife go through the other line.

Thanks

Congrats on getting the visa. Lol I'd prefer to stand in the foreigner's queue b-c it always has lesser people than US Citizen/PR queue.

Removal Of Conditions

02/19/2015 - NOA issued

03/17/2015 - Biometrics

Naturalization N 400

03/15/2016 - NOA issued

04/04/2016 - Biometrics

Timeline

Thanks

Oh Great! Congratulations!!!

I thought that this kind of descrepancy was for those who do not pay 300Rs and so they give us a hard time so everyone will pay the premium fees. But this is sad to know that after all the money paid they figure to give even crapier situations. well atleast you got it my friend! its better than those who are still trying to track their visa after weeks. I also was happy that we had an online registration and tracking site and stuff but its even worse.

About POE wouldnt it be the 'other' line as our beneficiary spouses do not have a green card nor a US passport? Oh I see, do you mean if USC spouse is accompanying??? hmmm... then its a good question, someone please help here!

Timeline

Thanks

Now you have Visa and Passport, stand anywhere you want :D :D :D :D

You will find Visa people near counters they can guide you.

Edited by pgupta

Timeline

Well I didn't pay 300 Rs but my interview was on 26th Nov and I got my visa and passport on 30th Nov. Really smooth and faster.

Removal Of Conditions

02/19/2015 - NOA issued

03/17/2015 - Biometrics

Naturalization N 400

03/15/2016 - NOA issued

04/04/2016 - Biometrics

Timeline

Just FYI - there is a separate window (# 7) at SFO Airport for New Immigrants. The POE process was pretty quick and pain free.

Thanks for the information. B-c my POE would be SFO as well. BTW what did they ask you ?? Do they still put that I-94 stamp in the passport, elabortae the procedure please.

Removal Of Conditions

02/19/2015 - NOA issued

03/17/2015 - Biometrics

Naturalization N 400

03/15/2016 - NOA issued

04/04/2016 - Biometrics

Timeline

Well I didn't pay 300 Rs but my interview was on 26th Nov and I got my visa and passport on 30th Nov. Really smooth and faster.

Congrats! Did you pickup your passport or get the passport delivered to your home? If the passport was delivered, how did you select that option at the US travel doc site? I can see only the pickup option. Please let me know. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.