lukie123

DCF Manila - All set for the interview! I think...

6 posts in this topic

Hello y’all! I have a few questions I was hoping you could help me clear up. My wife and I are working on getting her a CR1 visa. We submitted our I-130 packet back in June 7, 2012 at the US Emabasy in Manila. We chose to file DCF due to the amount of time it saved. We paid the fee of $420 at window number 25 I believe it was and were told to wait on a packet that would be sent to us via the mail. We got the packet in the mail August 12. Shortly afterwards we sent the DS 2001 and DS 230 part 1 to the address given and proceeded to wait until our appointment letter would come…nothing came. So my very gwapa and smart asawa asked if I could send an email to check up on the status of our packet. So I sent and inquiry to IVManilaReplies@state.gov asking what our status was. This is the email we got back a few days later.

---Embassy Manila no longer sends appointment letters. The applicant may now visit this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph,'>http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph, or contact the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 or (632) 902-8930 to schedule a visa interview date. The Visa Information and Appointment Service is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays, except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers in the USA may contact the Appointment Service at (214) 571-1600 between 8:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).

The applicant should follow all interview preparation instructions for immigrant visa applicants located on the Embassy’s website athttp://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html. The instructions contained on the website will provide the applicant the required documentation and procedures to follow prior to the interview date. The applicant must also visit this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph to register her delivery address.

The applicant should compile all the required documents before the interview date (when scheduled). Please note that the medical examination may take more than one day to complete.---

We were just scheduled an interview date for the 19th of December, and received a confirmation email.

My questions are:

1-Do I owe any money now past the $420 that has been given? My understanding is that it will cost around $1000 when everything is said and done.

2-Since they have now switched things online it appears, do I need to resend the DS 2001 and 230 packets via email or something? Or did they get them already and that’s why we were allowed to schedule an appointment?

3-So as of right now I believe she just has to complete her medical examination in manila before appointment date, bring appointment letter (email confermation letter) and rest of required documents as per this link below and then she is all set, is this right?

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Packet%204%20_appointment%20packet_%20English%20rtf%20_revised%20GSS_%20_2_%20rtf2_rtf_april2012_rtf2_003.pdf

Thanks in advance guys, God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Luke and Candy Wilson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello I had read one of my friend in other group who were doing the DCF route.. They just paid the $420 during the application. Do you guys have the case number already? If so you can go for medical examination then... Good luck and GOD bless!!!

Here are some information I read from my friend:

REMINDERS:

Try to email or call USCIS Office in Manila after a month or two months after filing the petition for notice of approval.

Email: MPHInquiry.CIS@dhs.gov

Telephone Number: +632-301-2000 (ext. 2224)

2. Once you have the approval, make follow up calls or emails in obtaining Manila Case Number. I got mine after 3 weeks.

Email: IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Telephone Number: +632-301-2000 (ext. 5184 or 5185)

3. After having MNL Case Number, you will be asked to submit DS-2001 and DS-230I. You could send those forms via fax or email.

TIP: Just simply attach the forms in the email. I have faxed those forms but unfortunately Manila IV Correspondence Unit did not be able to receive those.

Fax Numbers: +632 -301-2037 or +632-301-2591

Email: IVManilaAttachments@state.gov

4. Once the information has uploaded in the system (based on DS forms you submitted), you can now set for an interview date via phone or online.

5. Get ready yourself for Medical Examinations at SLEC

6. Be well-prepared for the interview.

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Hello y’all! I have a few questions I was hoping you could help me clear up. My wife and I are working on getting her a CR1 visa. We submitted our I-130 packet back in June 7, 2012 at the US Emabasy in Manila. We chose to file DCF due to the amount of time it saved. We paid the fee of $420 at window number 25 I believe it was and were told to wait on a packet that would be sent to us via the mail. We got the packet in the mail August 12. Shortly afterwards we sent the DS 2001 and DS 230 part 1 to the address given and proceeded to wait until our appointment letter would come…nothing came. So my very gwapa and smart asawa asked if I could send an email to check up on the status of our packet. So I sent and inquiry to IVManilaReplies@state.gov asking what our status was. This is the email we got back a few days later.

We were just scheduled an interview date for the 19th of December, and received a confirmation email.

My questions are:

1-Do I owe any money now past the $420 that has been given? My understanding is that it will cost around $1000 when everything is said and done.

2-Since they have now switched things online it appears, do I need to resend the DS 2001 and 230 packets via email or something? Or did they get them already and that’s why we were allowed to schedule an appointment?

3-So as of right now I believe she just has to complete her medical examination in manila before appointment date, bring appointment letter (email confermation letter) and rest of required documents as per this link below and then she is all set, is this right?

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Packet%204%20_appointment%20packet_%20English%20rtf%20_revised%20GSS_%20_2_%20rtf2_rtf_april2012_rtf2_003.pdf

Luke and Candy Wilson

Hi Luke and Candy, you will pay $223.35 in pesos cash for the medical and another $230 for the visa application on interview day. That $420 you paid was only for the I-130 submission. You don't need to re-submit your DS forms. If you were able to schedule an interview online that means they got 'em. Your interview is coming up quick so as you plan the day you're going to do the medical please keep in mind that the exam can't be completed during menstruation and you will be asked to return a week after menstruation. Also, if you've had sexual contact since the last menstruation and it's been less than two weeks ago you will have to come back for the immunizations. They have to make sure Candy isn't pregnant because certain immunizations can't be done if you're pregnant. Leave yourself enough time for these factors. Luke - make sure that you have your proof of re-establishing US domicile with you for the interview. Good luck!!

- Bron (Makati/Utah)

My questions are:

Luke and Candy Wilson

Your Petition Fee was $420.00. You will have a $223.85 (payable in peso's)fee at St. Lukes for medical. Then you will have another $230.00 Fee the day of your interview for her Application Fee (DS-230). Make sure you have a case # MLN XXXXXXXX and an interview conformation letter and all other requested for St. Lukes. Allow at least a week between medical and visa appointment, if there are no medical problems the Embassy will have the results by then. That 2000 ext 5184, 5185 number shown above is a good number to call for info on progress of your paper work. Be pro-active, do not wait on them! Good Luck

• 1 month later...

Hello I had read one of my friend in other group who were doing the DCF route.. They just paid the $420 during the application. Do you guys have the case number already? If so you can go for medical examination then... Good luck and GOD bless!!!

Here are some information I read from my friend:

REMINDERS:

Try to email or call USCIS Office in Manila after a month or two months after filing the petition for notice of approval.

Email: MPHInquiry.CIS@dhs.gov

Telephone Number: +632-301-2000 (ext. 2224)

2. Once you have the approval, make follow up calls or emails in obtaining Manila Case Number. I got mine after 3 weeks.

Email: IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Telephone Number: +632-301-2000 (ext. 5184 or 5185)

3. After having MNL Case Number, you will be asked to submit DS-2001 and DS-230I. You could send those forms via fax or email.

TIP: Just simply attach the forms in the email. I have faxed those forms but unfortunately Manila IV Correspondence Unit did not be able to receive those.

Fax Numbers: +632 -301-2037 or +632-301-2591

Email: IVManilaAttachments@state.gov

4. Once the information has uploaded in the system (based on DS forms you submitted), you can now set for an interview date via phone or online.

5. Get ready yourself for Medical Examinations at SLEC

6. Be well-prepared for the interview.

Forgive me if this is a silly question.... but how did you email your DS-230 if the applicant's signature is required? Sign the form, scan, save, and then e-mail??? Thanks. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.