Chris and Liz

NVC sent packet to wrong Embassy

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yesterday I received a letter from the NVC saying my I-129F was approved and sent to the Embassy for processing. I did not recieve an NOA2 from the USCIS either and they are still saying it is in intial review. When I filed I put my fiance's address as Singapore. She returned to the Philippines last July and I called the USCIS and changed her address back to the Philippines. In the letter I received yesterday it stated that the packet was sent to the US Embassy in Singapore. I called them and the gentleman on the phone stated that I would have to call the Embassy in Singapore because it's already left the states. He said that they may forward it to the Philippines but he wasn't sure. Has anyone experienced this before? And now what do I do now? I sent the embassy an email yesterday but of course they are closed. I'm planning on calling them tomorrow night which would be first thing their time Monday morning. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Timeline

Try to call the US embassy in Singapore and inquire if they receive your packet. If they do then tell them to forward your packet to the US embassy in the Philippines since your fiance is no longer in Singapore. I hope and Pray the everything will be okay soon!! GOD speed!!

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Timeline

Try to call the US embassy in Singapore and inquire if they receive your packet. If they do then tell them to forward your packet to the US embassy in the Philippines since your fiance is no longer in Singapore. I hope and Pray the everything will be okay soon!! GOD speed!!

Getting through to someone at the embassy was very difficult. I was told that I have to contact the embassy in Manila and see if they would accept the transfer to them. And they wouldn't tell me if my paperwork was in Singapore yet or not. I'm getting nervous about it all.

Timeline

I had read one of the same case as yours in the philippines too and yes the embassy accepted the transferred packet unless if the policy is change but I doubt it. Since it was just like 1 week from the date it was sent in singapore consulate maybe the packet is not yet there. Usually it took 2 weeks to reach in the consulate. So try calling Singapore embassy next week maybe in that time they will have it. Good luck!! :) :)

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I suggest you call the DoS Hotline and make the same inquiries.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I suggest you call the DoS Hotline and make the same inquiries.

What is the number for the DoS hotline? I have called USCIS and they have her address correct as to where she currently lives. NVC said that I needed to update her address with them not the USCIS. But the NVC didn't have her info in July. They didn't receive it until November 10th. I've called the Singapore Embassy and the Manila Embassy with no help at all. And I've also emailed them both and only Singapore responded. I'm about to go bald!!! LOL!!!! :(

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Duplicate thread on this topic removed. Please do not start multiple threads on the same issue.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

What is the number for the DoS hotline? I have called USCIS and they have her address correct as to where she currently lives. NVC said that I needed to update her address with them not the USCIS. But the NVC didn't have her info in July. They didn't receive it until November 10th. I've called the Singapore Embassy and the Manila Embassy with no help at all. And I've also emailed them both and only Singapore responded. I'm about to go bald!!! LOL!!!! :(

Dept. of State: (202) 663-1225, press 1, then 0

The NVC and the embassies are under the Dept. of State. USCIS is under Dept. of Homeland Security. They don't always talk to one another, so your best option is to call the DOS line.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Duplicate thread on this topic removed. Please do not start multiple threads on the same issue.

Another Duplicate topic on the same subject removed, Please post follow up information in the same thread that you started instead of starting a new topic on the same issue. The post from the duplicate thread is below.

My fiance filed I-129f last May 7th and got our NOA1 on May the 9th. I was in Singapore back then working but my contract ended last July. We went home together in Phil on that same month for him to formally ask my hand in marriage and when he got back to his homeland he called USCIS to update my address. Few days after, they sent him an email confirming the change. We have nothing to worry about until last friday, post thanksgiving-Black friday, and our anniversary, we received a letter from NVC saying we are approved and they're sending the packet in US Embassy in Singapore. We haven't received our NOA2 yet so we were both confused as to why it is now in SG when we already updated the change of address 4 months ago. My fiance made a lot of calls and was passed around with everyone. It's frustrating. NVC said it's our fault that we haven't called them in the first place. Our papers was still in Vermont that time, we updated and they confirmed it, we've done our part and why would we call NVC if the papers are not there??? Are they joking??? My packet was sent to my old address in SG and I had my landlady send it to me here in Phil. It's fine if I'm coming back there to have my medical exam and interview but now they recently sent an email saying they cant process it since I'm not working there anymore. They will have to send it to Manila. But when I checked the local embassy site about transferring visa file it stated "PLEASE NOTE THAT IT WILL TAKE SEVERAL MONTHS TO RECEIVE CASES FROM OTHER EMBASSIES/CONSULATES." Meaning to say we waited in vain for 6 months and we're going to wait again?? This wasn't our fault and we suffered from it. They wont even help us because they can't do anything about it. What the heck?!

This is really just frustrating being passed around with everyone when we are already approved.

Liz

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Dept. of State: (202) 663-1225, press 1, then 0

The NVC and the embassies are under the Dept. of State. USCIS is under Dept. of Homeland Security. They don't always talk to one another, so your best option is to call the DOS line.

Thank you very much!!!!!!! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What news from the DoS Hotline?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.