Foot

Fiance not living in her native country

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I met my fiance a bit over a year ago while i was in singapore for work for five months. We became romantically inclined and actually lived together for a few months prior to my returning to the USA. She is a citizen of the philippines who is living and working in Singapore under an employment pass. I have visited her twice since returning from my initial trip to Singapore, once at her parents home in the Philippines and another time in singapore. We have been looking at doing a K-1 for a while now and we are gathering paperwork to get things going. I have read quite a bit on the web and feel that I understand the process fairly well. I still do have a couple questions about when to file what paperwork and what to do when Im asked for certain things by US immigrations. I know that she will need to return to the Philippines for her medical exam and for her interview and I plan to be there with her for that. My question is this; Will her living in Singapore throw a wrench in things during the initial petition filing or processing? Is there anything I should do to prevent snags and hiccups during the process with regards to this? Is it even something I need to worry about? Any tips would be greatly apreciated. Im trying to cover all of my bases before submit all the paperwork. I dont want any delays and i certainly dont want a rejection just because I didnt understand some nuance of the process. thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

She will not need to return to the Philippines; as long as she has legal residency in Singapore- a work visa counts- she can do her medical and interview there. That being said, if she wants to, she is free to go back to Phils and interview there. That is no problem, just make sure to choose the right embassy on the paperwork.

If you haven't yet, be sure to read our K1 visa guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.