icemountain

How Long for Interview in Amman?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello There

I am a new member to this forum and you all seem to be very helpful. So heres my situation, I am an American citizen born and raised in the states. I was on vacation in Amman this summer and I met my sweetheart quite by accident. Well, we are madly in love (fill in the blanks with the gushiest sentiments you can think of :)) and we want to get married ASAP.

My question is this: we want to file through the consulate in Amman. Does anyone know approx. how long it is taking to get an interview these days. I would like to plan my next trip where we do the kitab/engagement around my interview date if possible.

Neither of us has been married before. She is a jordanian citizen but grew up in Austrailia for a few years. Both of us are in our 20s.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by icemountain

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icemountain, unfortunately filing thru Amman is a lenghty process...but can be overcome....I did it, and there are many people here who did also.....There are options when trying for a marriage visa....you can marry there (and if your situation allows) stay with her and file thru the embassy in amman directly....or marry there...come home, file thru the united states service centers and then your file goes to amman....Filing directly, is quicker, and gives instant green card, work auth, etc, once she comes to the US....but you must stay in jordan for the entire time....

filing thru amman would be anywhere from 6-12months....filing thru the states i would say 10-18 months...good luck, and if u have any more questions there will be tons of help here

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

I don't know the answer to your question.... there are a few who have gone through that embassy though and I'm sure they'll be along promptly to answer all your questions.

Just wanted to say congrats on your engagement and welcome to VJ (F)

ETA: I see one already beat me :luv:

Edited by Veiled Princess

forgot to add....you would have to be married, before applying, to be elegible for a marriage visa....

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome to VJ!

You can find a list of all our members who put Jordan down as the consulate here. Jordanian Princess is the most recent person with an interview in Amman, I believe, and their interview came up a little less than a year after they sent the K-1 packet.

In general, I think the wait times for an interview through Amman are long, because they're processing all the visa stuff for Iraq.

The best advice I have to give is patience! The visa process is all about waiting, waiting waiting... Unfortunately, there is rarely a time where anything happens ASAP.

Good luck!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Wow, thats a reality check. I thought I was looking at 3-4 months for the whole process and that I wouldnt have to stay in Amman the whole time. Would it be quicker to apply for a fiance visa here in the states (as opposed to a marriage visa?).

Thanks for your speedy responses. I think you will all be seeing a lot more of me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you're looking to stay in Amman during the process, dollface41601 would be the one to talk to. She got married in Jordan and did Direct Consular Filing. I think it took them about 8 (?) months to be approved and back in the US.

Check out the tab labeled guides on top of the page. It will take you through your different options K-1, K-3/CR-1/IR-1 and DCF.

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Unfortunately I can't stay in Amman because I run my business in the states and I can't leave it for more than a couple weeks at a time. My fiance is planning to study in the states though, would it be wise for her to also get a student visa so she doesnt miss the next semester?

Wow, thats a reality check. I thought I was looking at 3-4 months for the whole process and that I wouldnt have to stay in Amman the whole time. Would it be quicker to apply for a fiance visa here in the states (as opposed to a marriage visa?).

Thanks for your speedy responses. I think you will all be seeing a lot more of me.

No Jordanian Princess could answer that for you. She's filing K-1 and she's been waiting a while.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hello There

I am a new member to this forum and you all seem to be very helpful. So heres my situation, I am an American citizen born and raised in the states. I was on vacation in Amman this summer and I met my sweetheart quite by accident. Well, we are madly in love (fill in the blanks with the gushiest sentiments you can think of :)) and we want to get married ASAP.

My question is this: we want to file through the consulate in Amman. Does anyone know approx. how long it is taking to get an interview these days. I would like to plan my next trip where we do the kitab/engagement around my interview date if possible.

Neither of us has been married before. She is a jordanian citizen but grew up in Austrailia for a few years. Both of us are in our 20s.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi!

Any chance she aquired Austrailian citizenship while she was there???? That is what would rock.

Amman is friendly but slow and don't hurry too much and get the sequnce of things messed up....if you are filing for a marriage visa, you gotta be married first and if you file fiance paperwork, you can't marry her til she gets here.

Anyways, Welcome!

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I don't want to be the bearer or bad new but I think Amman is currently scheduling interviews for the second half of next year. I got my fiance visa approval from teh USCIS on April 6th and my interview was scheduled for February 27, 2007. They contacted us in September and moved it up to Oct 19th.

We are now in AP and not really sure how long its going to take. Amman is slow....very slow.

Good luck :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Welcome, I was under the same impression as you where and foudn this site and was brought back to reality. So after taking in all the options I opted to go to Jordan marry and file here. I married in July and you can read my time line. I think my paper work is really going fast and can only pray it continues to stay on the fast track. I know that the interview process and date will take some tiem but it seems that Amman is picking up and doing interviews much faster as the last two that went through Amman had there interview dates pushed up. Good luck and hope all works out great for you, just remember that it will all be worth it.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Welcome to VisaJourney. I hope your process is quick and successful in whichever visa you pursue. We went thru the Amman embassy more than 2 years ago. You can see in our timeline that the K3 took 6 months for approval and a few months til interview. I130 took 17 months for approval, so if you marry there I would advise you to also file for the K3 visa along with the CR1.

I wouldnt advise doing a student visa along with a fiancee visa, the embassy might look at that as a red flag she is trying to leave the country. Anyone else have a thought on that?

Good luck in your journey.

Jackie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.