Rahstyles

Please Help! How can I get a Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage in bacolod!?

36 posts in this topic

I went with my husband when he got the affidavit certificate at the embassy (well, I was his driver, lol). We just had to leave our cellphones at the receiving area and we were given a number which we presented upon leaving to get our phones back. That was in July 2011. I just don't know if it's still the same now.

Can you trust the people? not to do the old switcheroo?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I still have my same old cellphone. It's within embassy premises already, it was after we entered the main entrance and where initial security check is done, in a closed area with entrance and exit doors. Then aftwerwards, you proceed to the office/transaction building. I don't think they would dare to that, else the employees or contractors will answer to the US Embassy. I think the only possible 'switching' that could happen is if you are mistakenly given a different phone.

CR-1 VISA

USCIS

06/20/2012 - I-130 mailed

06/27/2012 - NOA1 (SMS)
08/28/2012 - I-130 Approved (2 months after NOA1; No RFE)
09/01/2012 - NOA2 (Mail)

NVC
09/18/2012 - NVC Case number, I-864 invoice and DS-3032 received via e-mail (3 weeks after I-130 Approval)
09/18/2012 - I-864 fee paid; DS-3032 e-mailed(used DS-3032 e-mail template)
10/02/2012 - DS-3032 acknowledged(2 weeks after e-mailing DS-3032)
10/03/2012 - IV invoice received via e-mail
10/04/2012 - IV fee paid
10/22/2012 - I-864EZ packet delivered
11/05/2012 - I-864EZ accepted (No RFE)
11/09/2012 - IV packet delivered
11/27/2012 - Confirmed case complete via phone call; received NVC instruction letter with interview date via e-mail

US EMBASSY - MANILA
12/18 & 26/2012 - Medical
01/04/2013 - Interview @ 6:15 AM (APPROVED @ around 10:10 AM)
01/10/2013 - Passport and IV packet delivered (in 4 business days)

04/30/2013 - POE: SEATTLE, WA

05/14/2013 - SSN received

05/21/2013 - GC received

10/07/2013 - 1st Day @ 1st Job

ROC

02/21/2015 - I-751 mailed via USPS

02/27/2015 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Receipt date: 02/23/2015)

05/14/2015 - Biometrics appointment (Original 3/24)

08/28/2015 - GC ordered

Naturalization

05/16/2016 - N-400 mailed via USPS

05/23/2016 - Received NOA

06/15/2016 - Biometrics appointment

Why are you not asking your fiancée or her family to chase this part down? You need someone in the area they live in and someone who cares that the results are done right. Her and her family are the ones that match that description. My wife lived in a Davao City and is in the USA now. When we need information to accomplish something in her home town, we rely on her family to chase it down for us. What you want to do should really be discussed in person and not over the phone or email.

Now my next question is.. Do you think or know anybody how i can get a number to a judge or anybody?? Can you ask your philipino.. wife please? I need some number where i can call and inquire about early marriage .. perferably in bacolod or any cities near it. Not manila. Thanks!

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Now my next question is.. Do you think or know anybody how i can get a number to a judge or anybody?? Can you ask your philipino.. wife please? I need some number where i can call and inquire about early marriage .. perferably in bacolod or any cities near it. Not manila. Thanks!

Have your Fiancee check with the local civil registrars office, explain to them that you are time limited and cannot wait 10 days and you need to do the marriage application in advance of your arrival to the Philippines. This is up to the civil registrar to allow this, your finance will summit her docs, she will need a copy of your birth cert, passport. When you arrive you will supply your necessary documents and pick up the marriage license.

I went with my husband when he got the affidavit certificate at the embassy (well, I was his driver, lol). We just had to leave our cellphones at the receiving area and we were given a number which we presented upon leaving to get our phones back. That was in July 2011. I just don't know if it's still the same now.

We did the same in February 2012.

California does not offer official divorce cirtificiates the clerk told me all i need is a copy of the final court papers that i recieved in the mail stating im able to get married at a certing point after december. is that possible to use??? also..i was born in japan.. and japan does not a have a official birth certificate.. We have somthing called a koseki tohon and that is translated.. The immigration office accepted that for my natrualization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.