웃

31 arguments against gay marriage (and why they’re all wrong)

74 posts in this topic

A goat does not have the legal capacity to enter into a contract. Otherwise, I agree except to the extent that the government does and should have an interest in every contact insofar as a contract's enforceability through the legal system. A marriage is merely a property contract that we've stuck a lot of sentimental paraphernalia onto.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

A goat does not have the legal capacity to enter into a contract. Otherwise, I agree except to the extent that the government does and should have an interest in every contact insofar as a contract's enforceability through the legal system. A marriage is merely a property contract that we've stuck a lot of sentimental paraphernalia onto.

Well then, just shack up with the goat. But since there is no government discrimination giving preference to one format of marriage over another, who cares?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The people on the right look like they're having WAY more fun.

i think the guy on the left isn't looking at the salad...

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Well then, just shack up with the goat. But since there is no government discrimination giving preference to one format of marriage over another, who cares?

yes.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Why not pick your favorite from all of them listed and give it your best shot?

No no, I don't want it to be said I only took the easiest ones.

Let'em pick 5 of his best, I will hit it like a T-ball.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

No no, I don't want it to be said I only took the easiest ones.

Let'em pick 5 of his best, I will hit it like a T-ball.

:D

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

If you knew anything about Contracts and what even makes one legal you would stop parroting this stuff. Marriage is nothing like a contract, in any way.

William Penn

Timeline

If you knew anything about Contracts and what even makes one legal you would stop parroting this stuff. Marriage is nothing like a contract, in any way.

Should be. That would eliminate the "problem"

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Should be. That would eliminate the "problem"

What problem is that? In fact it is so popular others are trying to get in on it.

:lol:

Edited by Danno

William Penn

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Do tell me about contracts. I'm all ears.

Timeline

What problem is that? In fact it is so popular others are trying to get in on it.

:lol:

Eliminate the discrimination for certain forms of marriage and there is nothing more to "get in on"

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Eliminate the discrimination for certain forms of marriage and there is nothing more to "get in on"

Or nothing left to "GET IN ON"

... when everything is marriage... nothing is.

William Penn

Timeline

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Do tell me about contracts. I'm all ears.

Four Essential Elements of a Contract

An agreement must contain four essential elements to be regarded as a contract. If any one of them is missing, the agreement will not be legally binding.

Offer

There must be a definite, clearly stated offer to do something. For example: A quotation by sub-contractor to the main contractor and an offer to lease.

An offer does not include ball park estimates, requests for proposals, expressions of interest, or letters of intent.

An offer will lapse:

when the time for acceptance expires;

if the offer is withdrawn before it is accepted; or

after a reasonable time in the circumstances (generally the greater the value of the contract, the longer the life of the offer).

Invitation to treat

An invitation to treat is a mere declaration of willingness to enter into negotiations; it is not an offer, and cannot be accepted so as to form a binding contract. An agreement is not created if there is an acceptance of the invitation to treat.

An invitation to treat is part of the preliminaries of negotiation, whereas an offer is legally binding once accepted, subject to compliance with the terms of the offer. For example: Invitations to treat are advertisements, price lists, circulars and catalogues.

Acceptance

Only what is offered can be accepted. This means that the offer must be accepted exactly as offered without conditions. If any new terms are suggested this is regarded as a counter offer which can be accepted or rejected.

There can be many offers and counter offers before there is an agreement. It is not important who makes the final offer, it is the acceptance of that offer that brings the negotiations to an end by establishing the terms and conditions of the contract.

Acceptance can be given verbally, in writing, or inferred by action which clearly indicates acceptance (performance of the contract). In any case, the acceptance must conform with the method prescribed by the offerer for it to be effective.

Intention of legal consequences

A contract requires that the parties intend to enter into a legally binding agreement. That is, the parties entering into the contract must intend to create legal relations and must understand that the agreement can be enforced by law.

The intention to create legal relations is presumed, so the contract doesn't have to expressly state that you understand and intend legal consequences to follow.

If the parties to a contract decide not to be legally bound, this must be clearly stated in the contract for it not to be legally enforceable.

Consideration

In order for a contract to be binding it must be supported by valuable consideration. That is to say, one party promises to do something in return for a promise from the other party to provide a benefit of value (the consideration)

Consideration is what each party gives to the other as the agreed price for the other's promises. Usually the consideration is the payment of money but it need not be; it can be anything of value including the promise not to do something, or to refrain from exercising some right.

The payment doesn't need to be a fair payment. The courts will not intervene where one party has made a hard bargain unless fraud, duress or unconscionable conduct is involved.

William Penn

Timeline

Four Essential Elements of a Contract

An agreement must contain four essential elements to be regarded as a contract. If any one of them is missing, the agreement will not be legally binding.

Offer

There must be a definite, clearly stated offer to do something. For example: A quotation by sub-contractor to the main contractor and an offer to lease.

An offer does not include ball park estimates, requests for proposals, expressions of interest, or letters of intent.

An offer will lapse:

when the time for acceptance expires;

if the offer is withdrawn before it is accepted; or

after a reasonable time in the circumstances (generally the greater the value of the contract, the longer the life of the offer).

Invitation to treat

An invitation to treat is a mere declaration of willingness to enter into negotiations; it is not an offer, and cannot be accepted so as to form a binding contract. An agreement is not created if there is an acceptance of the invitation to treat.

An invitation to treat is part of the preliminaries of negotiation, whereas an offer is legally binding once accepted, subject to compliance with the terms of the offer. For example: Invitations to treat are advertisements, price lists, circulars and catalogues.

Acceptance

Only what is offered can be accepted. This means that the offer must be accepted exactly as offered without conditions. If any new terms are suggested this is regarded as a counter offer which can be accepted or rejected.

There can be many offers and counter offers before there is an agreement. It is not important who makes the final offer, it is the acceptance of that offer that brings the negotiations to an end by establishing the terms and conditions of the contract.

Acceptance can be given verbally, in writing, or inferred by action which clearly indicates acceptance (performance of the contract). In any case, the acceptance must conform with the method prescribed by the offerer for it to be effective.

Intention of legal consequences

A contract requires that the parties intend to enter into a legally binding agreement. That is, the parties entering into the contract must intend to create legal relations and must understand that the agreement can be enforced by law.

The intention to create legal relations is presumed, so the contract doesn't have to expressly state that you understand and intend legal consequences to follow.

If the parties to a contract decide not to be legally bound, this must be clearly stated in the contract for it not to be legally enforceable.

Consideration

In order for a contract to be binding it must be supported by valuable consideration. That is to say, one party promises to do something in return for a promise from the other party to provide a benefit of value (the consideration)

Consideration is what each party gives to the other as the agreed price for the other's promises. Usually the consideration is the payment of money but it need not be; it can be anything of value including the promise not to do something, or to refrain from exercising some right.

The payment doesn't need to be a fair payment. The courts will not intervene where one party has made a hard bargain unless fraud, duress or unconscionable conduct is involved.

Sounds like a perfect marriage

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

A male and female together can create human life. 2 males or 2 females cannot come together and create human life, without the help of a member of the opposite sex. :whistle:

Edited by SaharaSunset