THURSDAY

93 posts in this topic

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok I totally forgot about this but wanna know what people think.

This morning I woke up and hopped into the shower. While in the middle of washing my hair...the lights in the bathroom turned off. :huh: I freaked a little because the kids are with their dad until tonight...so *they* didn't do it......

I have a cat but I really can't picture here jumping that high and being smart enough to flick a sideways lightswitch off.

While still in the shower I peeked out of the curtains to see if it was the whole house..perhaps a power outage and no such luck...the hallway light was still on.........I then reached my arm around to the outside of the bathroom and flicked the light switch and voila they came back on.

:unsure:

I quickly rinsed off, dried up and once I got covered I screamed "who's in here????"

No one answered so I checked all of the rooms and nada.

I can't believe I forgot about this but I"ve been busy all day. ####### could have happened??? :help:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ok I totally forgot about this but wanna know what people think.

This morning I woke up and hopped into the shower. While in the middle of washing my hair...the lights in the bathroom turned off. :huh: I freaked a little because the kids are with their dad until tonight...so *they* didn't do it......

I have a cat but I really can't picture here jumping that high and being smart enough to flick a sideways lightswitch off.

While still in the shower I peeked out of the curtains to see if it was the whole house..perhaps a power outage and no such luck...the hallway light was still on.........I then reached my arm around to the outside of the bathroom and flicked the light switch and voila they came back on.

:unsure:

I quickly rinsed off, dried up and once I got covered I screamed "who's in here????"

No one answered so I checked all of the rooms and nada.

I can't believe I forgot about this but I"ve been busy all day. ####### could have happened??? :help:

you probably had the light switch in the center position, vibrations can make it flip fully open or closed turning the lights on or off.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Well, she's not mine, I just borrow her for a few hours then take here back to Jessica! :lol: She is my first and only grandchild. If you ask who's girl she is, she will say, 'I'm grammy's girl' aks who's habibi are you and she will say 'Hommeee's habibi'.

100_9441.jpg

Jackie

edited to say I'm sorry I am posting so many pics...it's a new found skill

Edited by jmagayreh

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Doodlebug,

It has to be a ghost. :yes:

or a serial light turner-offer.

:lol:

Well that's why I just went on with my morning and left for work. I figured, if it is an intruder..wouldn't he/she have killed me by now? Either that or it's someone who just likes messing with people's heads.

Doodlebug,

It has to be a ghost. :yes:

Not a ghost but a jinn.

:blink:

I actually thought of that too. I thought uh oh....it's 7:45 and I haven't prayed fajr yet and I wondered if that was something to do with it. :huh:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline
The worst part about pregnancy is that it's so weird to sleep and be comfortable.

I have one word for you - Pillows. Get about 8 of them and stuff them under arms and legs and whatever else you need them under until you feel more comfortable. With my second son I used a self-hypnosis method of painkiller-free childbirth and the book I had on it taught me that.

Jackie, I can't wait to do our kitchen and add one of those pot-fillers over the stove. Can I steal your design? It's awesome.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

It's cold and rainy here in good old SF (north of it) :(

Jackie, she is beautiful.... :star:

JW... Great to have a plan B... I yet to come up with one.

Have a great day everyone (F)

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's snowing! snowball.gif

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
It's snowing! snowball.gif

lucky! Sometimes I wish it snowed then I think about it more and decide that I would rather just see it happening on TV.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Janine what is your second job that they threw you into? Sounds scary!

Well I got a second job at the local grocery store. I am being cross trained. I am now training as a cashier and in two weeks I will be training for the bakery and customer service. Monday I sat at a computer for 4 hours listening and reading about the company and the quality of service I am supposed to give. They went over the keyboard in one section and how I am supposed to process everything and I had to take a final test. Of course I passed it. So last night I gott there and they gave ame a 4x shirt that hung to my knees and the sleeves are almost at my wrists! :lol: I looked so rediculous! (They are supposed to be getting smaller shirts soon.) Anyway, then the lady walked me over to the cash registrar, all along I was thinking ok shes going to show me what to do and how to do it. Nope! She said "Here is your # and your password. Have fun!" I was like what?! No run thru with a real person who is not talking through a computer? No body to stand next to me to help me? And when she told this guy to come stand with me, he never came over. SO here I am ringing peoples orders up and being bombarded by all these questions and idiots who want to cash their checks for $600 at a registrar! I don't have that kind of cash at my registrar! So I am freaking out! No one told me the number to call for assistance. No one told me how to do anything! Finally it died down and I had like no customers. Then one woman went over her spending limit and decided that she was going to blame me! My supervisor came over and was like, this is my speciality, go take a break. Thank God for that man! The rest of the night was pretty good. My hubby came and was walking around the store and staring at me trying to see how long it would take me to notice. As soon as I was off, we got some things for dinner and then headed to the reduced halloween candy section. They were selling big bags for $0.94 and small bags for $0.42! It was nuts! My husband grabbed three bags and I grabbed four to take to the bank.

Anyway enough rambling. Have a good day everyone!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.