Alexa & Diego

My case was send back to USCIS from NVC after NOA2 was aproved

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I feel horribly that you are going through this. I had a similar experience last year and ended up hiring an attorney to track down our application after exhausting all other options. Basically, once NVS sent the application back to USCIS, it got lost somewhere (or just sat on someone's desk). I was supposed to have received an RFE from USCIS immediately after the case was returned from NVS, but USCIS never issued one until my attorney asked them to find my case.

The reason that our case was returned was not due to something that came up during background check, but because I didn't write in the word "NONE" for the question "If you are serving overseas in the Armed Forces of the United States, please answer the following:". I have never served in the military but apparently leaving that section blank was unacceptable. This error ended up costing us 8 months of time.

I am not able to post a link to a message that I posted last year in this forum sharing my experience because I haven't posted enough times in this forum. However, if you do a google search on "NVS Returned Approved Application to USCIS for Further Review", you should be able to locate that message. Good luck.

Sorry that I keep referring to "NVS" instead of the proper name, "NVC", as in National Visa Center. Made the mistake in my post last year and just kept going with it ...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I feel horribly that you are going through this. I had a similar experience last year and ended up hiring an attorney to track down our application after exhausting all other options. Basically, once NVS sent the application back to USCIS, it got lost somewhere (or just sat on someone's desk). I was supposed to have received an RFE from USCIS immediately after the case was returned from NVS, but USCIS never issued one until my attorney asked them to find my case.

The reason that our case was returned was not due to something that came up during background check, but because I didn't write in the word "NONE" for the question "If you are serving overseas in the Armed Forces of the United States, please answer the following:". I have never served in the military but apparently leaving that section blank was unacceptable. This error ended up costing us 8 months of time.

I am not able to post a link to a message that I posted last year in this forum sharing my experience because I haven't posted enough times in this forum. However, if you do a google search on "NVS Returned Approved Application to USCIS for Further Review", you should be able to locate that message. Good luck.

just found out today that i am in the same boat. so what happened? please keep us updated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok, last week, after complete the 4 months revision period, I called USCIS I spoke to costumer services and told them that I wanted to talked with an immigration officer. After waiting for more that 30 minutes on the phone, a very rude lady answered me. I explained that USCIS told me to wait 120 day before calling back, she said that it is incorrect, I have to wait at lease 6 months before they do something. I was so frustrated I told told them that it was enough, I am going to hire an layer to represent me and straight this case out, it was a joke that for no reason I have to wait all this long. She said I was free to do that. That same day, I receive a text in my phone saying that my status changed and it is now open. I recommend to all the people with this situation that don't stop calling USCIS and ask to talk to immigration officer and don't take a wait months for an answer.

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Well unfortunately it takes exactly 6 long months for a case to get review and get the Intent to Revoked letter. Once you get the letter where they explain the reasons why they want to denied your case, you have to send more information that supports that your relationship is real beyond the reasonable doubt. Once you send your package, It takes exactly 60 Days to get a reaffirmed of the case or a deniel. If it gets reaffirmed it takes 15 business days to get returned to the NVC to get process and sent back to the original embassy for an interview. I'm waitimg on my case to reach the embassy, I'll keep you guys posted on the remaining of my process.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Howz yr process so far???updates pliz

Service Center (which your I-130 was approved from)

NOA2 date-6th Jan (TSC)

Date NVC received your case -28th Jan

Date case number was assigned-14th March

Date AOS package was sent out-18th March

Date IV package was sent out

Date DS-260 was completed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sorry that I keep referring to "NVS" instead of the proper name, "NVC", as in National Visa Center. Made the mistake in my post last year and just kept going with it ...

After yr case went back to nvc,what part/stage did u start from???

Service Center (which your I-130 was approved from)

NOA2 date-6th Jan (TSC)

Date NVC received your case -28th Jan

Date case number was assigned-14th March

Date AOS package was sent out-18th March

Date IV package was sent out

Date DS-260 was completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.