Marie & Dan

nvc case number

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everybody,

The embassy of Paris sent me the packet3, 3 weeks ago...but me and my fiancé do not know what is our case number so i can't send it back to the embassy, is it normal that i already have the packet 3 instructions, before getting the case number ?

I tried to call them and they told me to send an e-mail to prove my birth date because e did not found my case, I am very confused.

I sent an email and did not receive a response yet.

What do you think about that ? Isn't it weird ?

Thanks

Call the DOS(202-663-1225) they will be able to give you case number as well. You just need your USCIS receipt #. They can also tell you what was sent out from the Embassy for your case.

Edited by reese1

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

thank you very much,I did not know this phone number, I will have my fiancé calling them.

You are more than welcome :thumbs:

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

the DOS was closed, it opens on business days/hours so we will try on monday. But if my embassy sent me a packet 3, it means that I already have a case number, doesnt it ?

Yes. There should be a number already assigned to you. It should start with PRS.

Did the Embassy send packet 3 through email or regular mail? If they sent it through email, read it carefully (even the subject) and see if you can spot the case number (they already have it); so look for something that starts with PRS and it's followed by numbers. If they sent it to you through regular mail, check all the papers, including the envelope, and look out for the same PRS#

If you were unable to locate the number, have your fiance call the NVC (who assigned that number) Monday (603) 334-0700.

The Embassy will reply to your email, eventually, and I'm sure they'll be able to help you too.

Just read all you received from your Embassy carefully. I'm sure you will be able to find that PRS number somewhere; after all, the Embassy already HAS your number.... otherwise, they never would have contacted you in the first place.

Oh! and make sure they correct the birth dates!!!

Edited by Celeste & C

Timeline

Yes I received the packet 3 by mail, I will look for the number right now. Otherwise I will email them.

For my birth date, I don't know exactly what the guy said, he talked like a robot, I will check with my embassy too.

THANK YOU Celeste !!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

good.gif Yeah, don't worry. You'll be able to sort it out. You just need a kind soul from the NVC or the Embassy. Let's keep the faith in humanity!

Since you can't do anything until Monday... go out for a walk! Enjoy the weekend! Watch a movie! Work out! ... Distract yourself!!!

In all honestly, you won't be able to accomplish anything today and there's no sense in getting stressed over something you cannot control no0pb.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/399588-ds-230-part1/page__view__findpost__p__5819484

Again, the NVC case number is on the NVC letter your fiancé should have received. If he didn't, I told you to call NVC (during their business hours for sure).

For future questions, please ask on the French American couples topic, you will have quick and precise answers (you are at a stage where the process is highly country-specific).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/320498-frenchamerican-couples-part-ii-2011/

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/399588-ds-230-part1/page__view__findpost__p__5819484

Again, the NVC case number is on the NVC letter your fiancé should have received. If he didn't, I told you to call NVC (during their business hours for sure).

For future questions, please ask on the French American couples topic, you will have quick and precise answers (you are at a stage where the process is highly country-specific).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/320498-frenchamerican-couples-part-ii-2011/

Ok, but he did not receive a letter or email, him and I called NVC but the guy was confusing me, and when Dan called, they never responded. But, as I have been told earlier, the embassy should have received news from NVC because I received the packet 3, so they may know my case number, I don't know ? I just try many solutions because NVC is hard to catch :/

Thank you for the "french/american couples" link Didopage :)

Timeline

And yep Dan tried to call NVC which close at 12am east hour but never answered, and I called too earlier AND we tried DOS which was closed earlier, (just giving more details because yea I sounded a little dumb haha)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Call 603-334-0700 press 1 for english, then 5 to speak to an operator.

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST). Best time to call is 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM and 10:00 PM to 12:00 PM

If you call the DOS, you will need your NVC case number in order for them to give you some updates.

Really, it should be pretty easy to have the PRS number. Once you have it, send back your packet 3 and wait. The if you want some update about your case, best will be to call the DOS (don't try to contact the embassy, it will quite a headache... They don't answer really often, and call be frustrating on the phone). The DOS will be able to give you quickly the last update on your case (packet 3 sent, packet 4 sent, interview date scheduled).

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

Call 603-334-0700 press 1 for english, then 5 to speak to an operator.

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST). Best time to call is 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM and 10:00 PM to 12:00 PM

If you call the DOS, you will need your NVC case number in order for them to give you some updates.

Really, it should be pretty easy to have the PRS number. Once you have it, send back your packet 3 and wait. The if you want some update about your case, best will be to call the DOS (don't try to contact the embassy, it will quite a headache... They don't answer really often, and call be frustrating on the phone). The DOS will be able to give you quickly the last update on your case (packet 3 sent, packet 4 sent, interview date scheduled).

Ok thank you Didopage, I will try to call for the 3rd time if the embassy does not respoond to my email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.