How old were you

88 posts in this topic

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Odds are, a majority (but not all) of us who marry before 26, 27 won't last. Just the statistics.

Ohhhhhhhh, I'm a statistic! :P

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hehehe. Nothing personal; I'm getting married before 26 and I (of course) assume it will last. I guess the numbers say it won't. ;)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

40. Does that mean I'm safe?

April A friend told me that she thought my ideal man lived in Wyoming or Montana.

May 17 Did search on match.com. Found no-one in Wyoming. Only wrote to one person in Montana...his name was John. He replied two hours later.

Jun 26 Flew to Missoula to meet him & a weekend trip turned into a five week visit...

Many trips between US, Canada & Europe.

March 31 During a meeting in Vancouver, John proposed & I said YES!!!

Jun 2 Finally sent off our I-129F & a few days later we received NOA1. I am now officially an alien bride-to-be.

Aug 22 Email notification of NOA2.

Sep 12 Received letter to say application would be forwarded to US Embassy.

Nov 23 Returned packet 3 to Embassy

Nov 30 Medical

Jan 5 Got interview date

Feb 1 Interview. APPROVED!

Feb 2 Visa delivered.

Feb 7 Flight to Seattle.

Feb 8 Finally back home in Missoula, MT. I'm happy, John's happy & the cats are ecstatic - together again!

Apr 22 Wedding Day!

May 6 Sent AOS application

May 7 Honeymoon

May 23 NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP

Jun 12 Biometrics

Jun 15 RFE for AOS mailed

Jun 20 RFE received

Aug 16 RFE reply sent

Aug 31 AP approved!

Sep 5 EAD approved

Sep 8 AP received

Nov 13 Interview letter

Dec 14 Interview. Success!

Dec 26 Got green card!

Oct 08 I-751 to remove conditions sent to CSC

Oct 14 NOA

Nov 21 Biometrics

Jan 7 Approval notice

Jan 12 Received greencard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hehehe. Nothing personal; I'm getting married before 26 and I (of course) assume it will last. I guess the numbers say it won't. ;)

No I mean really I'm a statistic! :D I got married at 24, divorced at 27 :thumbs: Woohoo, I always wanted to be a statistic. :lol: I have contributed my part to society, can I go now? :unsure:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

I wasn't too young at 17..I was totally ready .. the marriage didn't work coz the "boy" I married...well..he thought he was ready and really wasn't. I will say though, that in hindsight.. the "too young" part , for me, was that maybe I should have spent some more time just being alone and going out with friends (as an adult) and slowly entering adulthood. I am also nobody to be telling anybody else they are too young coz I remember my mindset at 17 and I knew full well what I was doing and where I wanted it to go. I have also seen relationships that started earlier than mine did and they lasted a LONG time..50 years....(my grandparents started at 15 and are still married) ....

My personal belief is that it is all in Gods plan so roll with it and make it the time of your life!!!

(this was not to be a finger pointing post, even tho as I read thru it again, it could be taken in a bytchie sense..I hope it is taken as just the way I feel about myself and not my feelings towards other relationships here)

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just got married for the first time in June and I was 21 and he was 24.

We young people don't say anyone is too old to get married so please don't come on here and say "I got married when I was 21 and I was way too young". I won't attack you and don't attack me.

Why would us old (hehe) people say anything? Just because it is young for some of us doesn't mean it is for everyone. I have known people in their 30's that weren't ready for marriage and others that were 17 that were...thats how old my dad was when he married my mom. 57 years and still in love.....beautiful. :crying:

I don't get involved in the millions of debates that happen on this site but one thing that pushes my buttons everytime is when people make generalized comments. I have found that on this site people tend to look at young marriages as "Been there, Done that, I got divorced and now that I am 43(who knows) life is perfect". I just want people to stop making these comments. I have never said "Your too old to get married" so please dont say "Your too young to get married".

So my point is I don't judge you so don't judge me. I personally believe that people that have had multiple marriages know why they have. People have stated the reasons for their marriages and it was in fact very clear that in each marriage they got married for the wrong reasons. I am not too young to be married and I do not need anyone to tell me that.

Are these pregnancy hormornes talking or did I miss something? :unsure:

I am a little fightened at this point.... :wacko:

Jusk Kidding LB, we love ya (don't hurt me)

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I'll be 28 by next summer, he'll be 30. First marriage (and only if the good lord willin' and the creek don't rise, as my grandma would say) for the both of us.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
I also wasn't too young at 16 and neither was he at 23.... what we were was unable to reach mutual agreements... he thought I should agree that it was OK for him to hit me and I disagreed :thumbs: Now that I am 28 and he is 35 we still disagree on this matter ;)

Come on VP, whats wrong with a little smacking around from time to time? :blink:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was 21 when I married the first time.

I was 42 when I married Roger (F)

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Timeline

I also wasn't too young at 16 and neither was he at 23.... what we were was unable to reach mutual agreements... he thought I should agree that it was OK for him to hit me and I disagreed :thumbs: Now that I am 28 and he is 35 we still disagree on this matter ;)

Come on VP, whats wrong with a little smacking around from time to time? :blink:

I guess it depends on if you're the one doing the smacking or the one getting the smacks :wacko:

Timeline

I guess it depends on if you're the one doing the smacking or the one getting the smacks :wacko:

So thats how it works....well why don't you give him a few smacks with a golf club, then lets see if he thinks its a good idea. Do you want me to hold him down?

I have no respect for a man that hits a woman.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.