Savanphil

Would you be willing to pay extra for faster processing?

For your SO visa?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to pay extra

• yes
    • no
    • maybe (it depends)
  2. 2. What is the highest you would be willing to pay?

• $500
    • $1,000
    • $1,500
    • $2,000
    • $2,500
    • $3,000
    • $5,000
    • Nothing, I'd rather wait

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
It's not an available option to have an expedited processing mechanism for family visas because it would violate the 14th amendment protection to equal protection of law. Offering individuals better service from a mechanism developed within the framework of federal law on the basis of money would in effect discriminate on the basis of financial status, hence it can't be done.

It's done for employment visas because the implication for corporate entities is rather different, though in reality, what happens is that each expedited H1-B causes all the others to shuffle down the priority list rather than simply fast-track them via a more efficient processing stream.

If expedited processing were available for K and CR/IR visas, the same thing would happen - meaning that for each person paying more, the rest would slow down.

There, I bet not a single person wanted to know that.

Nothing to do with protection and anyway we are talking about Aliens.

The whole legal system discriminates against those with money and those without anyway.

And that is not how H Visa applications work, everybody gets the same priority date, the fee just gets you a faster response, you can not jump the queue in that respect by paying extra.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Right now I would pay $ 5000 for normal processing times. Normal processing times would have me buying her ticket to come here now. I am starting to envy my fiancees corrupt government. At least there paying someone would get the wheels greased.

Yes, if there was an option to pay $ 5000 for a two week approval time or $ 1000.00 for a 2 month time I would not have hesitated.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Nothing to do with protection and anyway we are talking about Aliens.

The whole legal system discriminates against those with money and those without anyway.

And that is not how H Visa applications work, everybody gets the same priority date, the fee just gets you a faster response, you can not jump the queue in that respect by paying extra.

Cynicism aside, I am right, and it's actually US Citizens, not aliens involved in that concern, since at all times in the various family processes, the petitioner 'owns' the case. My comment was drawn directly from analysis written at the time premium processing was under discussion when the question about whether it could be applied to family cases (which had extraordinary backlogs at the time) was raised.

By the way, if the extra fee didn't get any faster processing in a H visa case, no-one would pay it. It's a fast-track to supposedly assured turn-around for petition adjudication in a fraction of the time adjudication would take place otherwise. If it didn't result in queue jumping that process, there would be no purpose to it.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
There is an expedited process for individual visa applicants who can pay $500,000. Check it out.

That's the investor program - it's business related and because it relates to alien applicants and has no USC petitioner, there are no constraints in terms of being able to offer access to the US for money.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Yes for the K-1 approval at USCIS..... about $1000-$2000....

We had DORA for AOS, and because of that our AOS processing was fast, so no complaints about that only in that they should start a DORA type system nationwide. :)

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---