Savanphil

Would you be willing to pay extra for faster processing?

For your SO visa?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to pay extra

• yes
    • no
    • maybe (it depends)
  2. 2. What is the highest you would be willing to pay?

• $500
    • $1,000
    • $1,500
    • $2,000
    • $2,500
    • $3,000
    • $5,000
    • Nothing, I'd rather wait

52 posts in this topic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I voted yes, and I'd have paid upwards of $5000 to get my husbands green card immediately when we decided to move from the UK last summer. I figure what we spent on the K-3 visa as well as the AOS and the EAD, plus all the travelling costs associated with visiting one another while he waited around in England for his K-3 to be approved while I moved back and got us sorted with a home and job, etc....we spent at least that much anyway. Factor in what we lost in income due to waiting for the EAD and him not being allowed to legally work right away and we're talking thousands more lost. I probably would have spent more than that if it meant we didn't have to be separated and didn't have to go through 13 months of red tape hell.

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

I wouldn't want that to be an option in the law.

It's supposed to be a fiancé visa, not a business transaction. A couple shouldn't have to wait a year longer while all the richer couples pay to jump the line. 'Guarantee' a visa? So if you're rich, it doesn't matter if you have proof of relationship? Such a system would be no better than bribery.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline

I voted yes and $5k for the very reasons that Shakysgirl said. The money could be used to hire more staff, dedicated only for the faster processing, which would not have any negative effect on those who chose not to pay pay for expedition. In fact, it prolly would make their wait times smaller too.

Caladan, I didn't read the question as 'pay for a guaranteed approval' as I would be against that, but I do think it's worth it for faster processing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now it doesn't make difference since I'm here, but I'd probably vote 5k if it was 8 motnhs ago :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

I voted yes and $5k for the very reasons that Shakysgirl said. The money could be used to hire more staff, dedicated only for the faster processing, which would not have any negative effect on those who chose not to pay pay for expedition. In fact, it prolly would make their wait times smaller too.

Caladan, I didn't read the question as 'pay for a guaranteed approval' as I would be against that, but I do think it's worth it for faster processing.

If it were used for a separate line, like at the airport for the Gold customers, I could be talked around to it. If it were just 'bumping' your place in the line based how much you can pay, no. Still, there seems to be something deeply un-American by prioritizing how quickly people can be reunited with their families based on how much cash they have to throw around. Especially since I don't think there's a good correlation between wealth and validity of relationship.

I don't think we'd avail ourselves of it, anyway. The processing time is slow and pretty ridiculous, but we've planned ahead and if everything goes okay, it takes just about as much time for him to get his affairs in order and some serious cash saved as it does for the K-1 to process.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I wouldn't want that to be an option in the law.

It's supposed to be a fiancé visa, not a business transaction. A couple shouldn't have to wait a year longer while all the richer couples pay to jump the line. 'Guarantee' a visa? So if you're rich, it doesn't matter if you have proof of relationship? Such a system would be no better than bribery.

Did you ever have to wait in line at the airport to get to the Economy Class check-in

desk, watching First and Business class passengers "jump the line"?

Welcome to the real world.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Savanphil,

Tough to pick an amount without tying it to the processing timeframe that the extra fee would buy.

And recognize that things like an IBIS hit would create the same delay it does now!

Yodrak

Seeing the thing about the $1,00 fee for the Working Visa made me, wonder if this was possible for the K Visas would people be willing to do it.

I know we would have done it....wihtout looking back. If we could have just paid a fee and they "rush" hubby's visa we could have began our lives together much sooner.

Still, there seems to be something deeply un-American by prioritizing how quickly people can be reunited with their families based on how much cash they have to throw around.

I would say it's completely American :lol: free market and all that jazz

Quote from MAWilson:

Did you ever have to wait in line at the airport to get to the Economy Class check-in desk, watching First and Business class passengers "jump the line"?

Welcome to the real world

The above is very true. And the reason being is, people who are not in the economy line either flies frequently, brings more business to the airlines and actually paid the price for business / first class tickets (Which is at least double of what economy is)

Again, who's the culprit? Money!

So I voted YES and I am willing to pay $5,000, even $10,000. I also agree with Shakysgirl and LisaD's comments about getting the extra revenue and hiring more people, etc etc...

Of course.. just because I were to pay $5,000 shouldn't gaurantee that I'm geting a green card.... America can't be letting in people who are criminals! Applicants should at least pass that test!

But, ya... I would pay anytime to expedite this... People would have saved thousands on long distance calls, airline tickets, doctor visits for depression, medication, shrink.. and ROGAINE!

I-130 Sent : July 17, 06

NOA1 : July 27

Nov 22, file is 'pending'

Nov 28, Touched

Dec 4, APPROVED!!!! ^__^

Dec 6, NVC Case Number Assigned

Dec 18, DS-3032 & AOS bill sent

Dec 21, NVC accepted choice of agent via email

Dec 22, Sent AOS bill using James' shortcuts

Dec 25, IV Bill Generated

Jan 9, Sent I-864 using James' shortcuts

Jan 15, IV bill arrived

Jan 16, IV Bill Paid

Jan 19, IV bill processed

Jan 22, I-864 being reviewed

Jan 29, Sent DS-230 using James' shortcuts

Feb 13, CASE COMPLETED!!

Apr 13, INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!

Apr 28, Entered USA, POE Vancouver. Told that my visa stamp serves as a temporary Green Card.

I-129F Sent : Aug 20, 06

NOA1 : Aug 31, 06

Oct 23, 06, received email that case forwarded to CSC

Oct 27, 06, received email saying that case has reached CSC

Nov 22, 06, note said file received and pending

Dec 13, 06, Touched with same note as above

ABANDONING K3

I-751 Sent on Jan 28, 09 to remove conditions

Feb 1 - Check cashed

Feb 25 - Biometrics

Jun 1 - Approved! (Decision date was May 26, 09)

Now waiting for green card...

Since I previously said I'd pay $5000 if it would guarantee my wife's visa, I thought I should clarify some things. I didn't mean that the security checks shouldn't be done. And the relationship shouldn't be verified. That's why I said I'd give a few weeks to receive the visa. And for my wife and I, the visa would be guaranteed because we are not terrorists and have a real relationship (so no reason to deny the visa). I see several couples with real relationships that still get denied and that just isn't right. For any criminals or frauds applying the visa would be denied as usual. As for the jumping in line part, well of course that wouldn't be fair, and since most people couldn't afford $5000, well this was all theoretical, right?

View pictures of my April/May trip to the Philippines

View pictures of my Sept trip to the Philippines

Gary (California, USA) filamflag.gif Fely (Zambales, Philippines)

09-11-06 Married

10-12-06 I-130 Mailed Priority

10-14-06 Delivered to CSC

10-16-06 CSC receipt date

10-18-06 NOA1 date

10-19,20,21-06 Touched

12-28,29-06 Touched and very happy about it

12-28-06 NOA2 date

01-15-07 Received at NVC & DS3032 & AOS bill sent

01-20-07 AOS fee bill received

01-30-07 eMailed DS3032 choice of agent

02-05-07 Received email approval for DS3032

02-20-07 Received I-864 package

02-23-07 Received IV fee bill

02-27-07 Paid IV fee

03-12-07 Info packet generated

03-20-07 Mailed I-864 package

03-31-07 Received info packet

04-04-07 RFE mailed by NVC

04-26-07 Mailed RFE response & DS-230 packet to NVC

04-30-07 NVC receives papers

05-10-07 Case complete

05-22-07 Case left NVC

05-24-07 Received pkt 4 in California

06-07-07 Medical Exam

06-28-07 Interview (approved)

06-24-07 - 07-16-07 Gary's trip to Philippines, and I brought Fely home

07-27-07 SSN card received

08-13-08 Green card received

07-10-09 I-751 mailed

08-15-09 Lifting of conditions approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No, it's gone smoothly and quickly, and I've already spent a small fortune when you include airfare and hotel.

Feb. 2005 - Met in Brazil the first time

May. 2005 - Visited Brazil

Aug. 2005 - Visited Brazil

10/30/05 - Mailed I129F

11/09/05 - NOA1

Nov. 2005 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/02/06 - NOA2

Feb. 2006 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/24/06 - Packet received at NVC

03/20/06 - Fiance received packet 3 from consulate

04/26/06 - Fiance received appointment letter

05/09/06 - I flew to Rio

5/10/06 - Met fiance at airport

5/11/06 - Medical exam in Rio

05/12/06 - Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!!

05/17/06 - Received visa in Rio

07/20/06 - POE Miami

10/16/06 - Married!!!!

01/10/07 - Sent AOS and EAD application

01/17/07 - NOA - Receipt

02/02/07 - Biometric appointment

02/09/07 - NOA - Transfer of case to California center

03/22/07 - EAD approved

05/10/07 - AOS approved!!!!

Eulalia and Bill