indian81

India Passport Renewal - Address problems

5 posts in this topic

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I need to apply for reissue of my passport as it has expired. The original passport was issued at my college hostel address 10 years ago and I stay in a rented apartment now.

Could you please help with the below two questions -

1. I do not have any permanent address as I don't own any property. My father is no more and mother, wife and kid stay with me in a rented apartment. Can I show my current rental address as permanent address? Will police verification be done for permanent address as well ?

2. I was in the US for 1+ years and came back to India in March 2012. I've been staying at the current rental address since May 2012 (7 months now). Should I state I've been living here for the past one year - Or provide my US address up till March? Also, the passport form does not have the option of selecting a US state for prior address.

Please help! Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I need to apply for reissue of my passport as it has expired. The original passport was issued at my college hostel address 10 years ago and I stay in a rented apartment now.

Could you please help with the below two questions -

1. I do not have any permanent address as I don't own any property. My father is no more and mother, wife and kid stay with me in a rented apartment. Can I show my current rental address as permanent address? Will police verification be done for permanent address as well ?

2. I was in the US for 1+ years and came back to India in March 2012. I've been staying at the current rental address since May 2012 (7 months now). Should I state I've been living here for the past one year - Or provide my US address up till March? Also, the passport form does not have the option of selecting a US state for prior address.

Please help! Thanks!

Are you in India or US? Your Current Address is your permanent Address

if you are in US its very easy to renew passport in Indian Consulate.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Are you in India or US? Your Current Address is your permanent Address

if you are in US its very easy to renew passport in Indian Consulate.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm in India now for the last 7 months - was in the US prior to that, for 1.5 yrs. Passport got expired so need to renew it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm in India now for the last 7 months - was in the US prior to that, for 1.5 yrs. Passport got expired so need to renew it.

In that case your rental address is your parmanent address, if they ask your address for last 1 year provide india as well as US address.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Your rented place would be considered as PERMANENT Address. Police Verification can be done at your current resident address only ( as far as I have knowledge ).

Go to http://www.passportindia.gov.in

and file your application for renewal with address change.

Doc requirement for address proof:

http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/popuponline/AttachmentAdvisorSub?subDocID=7001&confirmDOB=DOBVarYes

If applied under Normal, then you require to provide 1 doc as address proof.

Rental agreement agreement is not accepted by PSK.

XrVRp5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.