2,987 posts in this topic

Was up couldn't sleep was reading everyones comments n a smile came to my face. U ladies might have been through a lot maybe more or less than me but u guys are there holding everyone together n lifting each other up! Only been on few days but I'm so grateful for u all, I can't tell the last day I felt so positive please don't ever stop wat u r doing I pray victory for us all :-)

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Thanks Sandra and loveme for your reply .. I will try to get in touch to my congressman ..

Loveme let's keep ourself positive, USCIS soon would finally schedule your interview after 6 months ...

Another thing is I sent my I. 485 but did not send medical exam .. I thinking to get medical exam n send them .. Or they would ask RFE or get them done and give medical exam in the interview I 485 final .., thanks again, please tell me your expiriense

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just assisted a friend in filing for I-360 & I-485(She has a previous pending I-485), but we filed a 2nd one to VSC anyway.It took 5days for them to send receipt & prima facie(that was very fast).She went to local office to tell them she filed an I-360 during her interview.VSC notified local office & local office have invited her again for another interview.So, my question is what do you all think this interview is for,is it possible to grant her a GC w/o husband not attending or with I-360 currently pending?

April 2009-Divorced

April 2011-Filed I-360,I-485,I-765(filed few days b/4 divorce was 2yrs which would have made me ineligible)

May 24,2011-RFE(For good faith marriage & Good moral character)

Aug 19,2011-I-485 touched(correspondence from USCIS were returned)

Aug 24,2011 & Aug 26,2011-Attorney called USCIS

Sept 12,2011-Another RFE for I-693 & passports sent

Sept 19,2011-RFE for I-693 & Passport received

Oct 18,2011-I-360 touched(status changed to "Response to RFE review)

Oct 21,2011-Prima facie sent

Nov 1,2011-Prima facie recieved(Still no EAD or Biometrics done)

Dec 1,2011-I-485 touched(still no EAD or Biometrics)

Dec 12,2011-1-485 touched(Interview notice sent-worried cause i don't have the vawa approval yet)

Dec 15,2011-called USCIS about my case

Dec 19,2011-Attorney called to cancel interview b/c we are still waiting for Vawa approval notice

Jan 5th,2012-New EAC #s issued for I-765 & I-485 by VSC(Both were sent back to VSC)

Jan 8th,2012-Attorney faxed in Request to expedite my case

Jan 19,2012(I-485 & I-765 touched)

Jan 25,2012(Biometrics letter mailed)

Jan 26,2012(Biometrics letter received by attorney)

Feb 1,2012(Biometrics letter in hand)

Feb 6,2012(EAD card mailed by USCIS)

Feb 8,2012(Biometrics done,I-485 & I-765 touched,EAD delivered by USPS)

Feb 10,2012(EAD in hand,I-765 touched)

Jul 2,2012(Attorney called cos my case was out of processing time)

July 3,2012(VSC called Attorney back/sent out RFE 4 GFmarriage same day)

Sept 28,2012(RFE received by VSC)

Oct 26,2012(I-360 approved,Oct 13th was actual approval date)

Nov 19 & Nov 21,2012(I-485 transferred to another office)

Filed: Timeline

sissi10 you asked me How long does it take for USCIS to schedule an interview after I-360 approval? well it depends of your Uscis office, some local offices are experiencing a high volume of petitions to be adjudicated, some offices are taking 2 months and others 4,6 months but more than six months you should contact your congress person.

or does it depends on how long VSC takes to transfer your file

I just assisted a friend in filing for I-360 & I-485(She has a previous pending I-485), but we filed a 2nd one to VSC anyway.It took 5days for them to send receipt & prima facie(that was very fast).She went to local office to tell them she filed an I-360 during her interview.VSC notified local office & local office have invited her again for another interview.So, my question is what do you all think this interview is for,is it possible to grant her a GC w/o husband not attending or with I-360 currently pending?

I have no idea. But this is interesting, keep us posted

Thank you for your response 37 shells. Confusion is an understatement of how I feel most of the time, I'm sure many of you guys feel the same way. I try to read as much as I can and educate myself during this intolerable wait but the more I find out the more I fear that I filed something wrong.

I also just got some unpleasant news, my package for I-485 and a work permit got rejected because my lawyer filed it on an outdated version of the form. I cant believe it, I don't sleep, I'm scared, I cry all the time, I count every second I wait for any kind of answer and he just doesn't know about an updated form??? I am so frustrated and helpless right now, why do we have to keep struggling trying to overcome all these obstacles over and over again like we haven't suffered enough already?! Sometimes I wonder, when I pray and beg every day, does God even hear me?....

I completely understand how you are feeling! I think most of us do - it is unfortunate that we have to face this stressful and lengthy process after already being dragged to hell and back. Some days are better than others but I just take each day as it comes, at this point who knows what tomorrow may bring but I have to believe that good news is closer with each passing morning and there is a bright future after all of this darkness. There has to be a reason for it and I cannot wait to find out what the 'good reason' is for all of this so please, hang on in there - I ask the same questions as you do! You have a bright and wonderful future, as we all do here, and after going through all of this it will be full of WELL EARNED AND WELL DESERVED brighter and happier times. I promise. Please try to find something positive to pass the coming weeks and months of waiting otherwise you will drive yourself crazy, trust me I know!

Was up couldn't sleep was reading everyones comments n a smile came to my face. U ladies might have been through a lot maybe more or less than me but u guys are there holding everyone together n lifting each other up! Only been on few days but I'm so grateful for u all, I can't tell the last day I felt so positive please don't ever stop wat u r doing I pray victory for us all :-)

:)

04/24/2012 - VAWA I-360 Received by VSC

05/02/2012 - Receipt Notice Issued (received in hand on 5/08/2012)

05/03/2012 - 180-day Notice of Prima Facie Issued(received in hand on 5/08/2012)

10/02/2012 - Mailed request for renewal of Prima Facie

10/18/2012 - Received renewed 180-day notice of Prima Facie

10/26/2012 - Filed i-485 and i-765 for EAD with request to join them to my pending i-360

10/31/2012 - Receipt Notices Issued for i-485 and i-765, fees waived (received in hand on 11/05/2012)

11/02/2012 - Appointment notice issued for i-485 biometrics appointment on 11/27/2012

11/08/2012 - Biometrics notice received and returned with a request to reschedule.

11/15/2012 - i-765 Approved / Notice Mailed / Card Production Ordered

11/19/2012 - EAD Card Mailed / Approval Notice Paper Copy Received

11/23/2012 - EAD Card DELIVERED!11/30/2012 - SSN applied for - card received 7 days later!

12/14/2012 - Biometrics done (walked in a few days before my appointment, was a great experience!)

04/05/2013 - Third Prima Facie Received valid for 60 days

04/11/2013 - Sent additional evidence that was unavailable at time of filing, received by VSC on 4/15/2013.

04/18/2013 - Touched (acknowledgment of correspondence received by USCIS)

04/26/2013 - I360 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05/02/2013 - Received in mail approval notice (dated 4/24/2013 - a year to the day that i filed!) and notice of deferred action.

06/24/2013 - i-485 Transferred to NBC "to speed up processing"

07/03/2013 - RFE for medical

10/10/2013 - RFE response mailed, a few days late - praying that its still accepted!

10/17/2013 - Case updated to show 'RFE Response Review'... waiting on an interview date now i think!<p>

04/16/2014 - GC INTERVIEW!!!!! Felt it did not go well

05/02/2014 - green card approved!

(I am filing by myself without the help of an attorney)

37 shells my bad, I typed the wrong category, the correct answer is

C(14) if you your case Vawa is approved under deferred action

C(31) if you have an approved I-360 without deferred action

C(9)if you have a pending I-485

Thank you I had no idea there was a category c(31)! I only had the other two only because they were still fresh in my mind - I only filed a couple weeks ago for my own, now I sit with fingers crossed waiting! Thank you sandranj for all of your knowledge, support, time and contributions to us all because so many of us would be lost without you, you are truly a blessing.

05/03/2012 - 180-day Notice of Prima Facie Issued(received in hand on 5/08/2012)

10/26/2012 - Filed i-485 and i-765 for EAD with request to join them to my pending i-360

10/31/2012 - Receipt Notices Issued for i-485 and i-765, fees waived (received in hand on 11/05/2012)

11/02/2012 - Appointment notice issued for i-485 biometrics appointment on 11/27/2012

11/08/2012 - Biometrics notice received and returned with a request to reschedule.

11/23/2012 - EAD Card DELIVERED!11/30/2012 - SSN applied for - card received 7 days later!

12/14/2012 - Biometrics done (walked in a few days before my appointment, was a great experience!)

04/11/2013 - Sent additional evidence that was unavailable at time of filing, received by VSC on 4/15/2013.

05/02/2013 - Received in mail approval notice (dated 4/24/2013 - a year to the day that i filed!) and notice of deferred action.

10/10/2013 - RFE response mailed, a few days late - praying that its still accepted!

10/17/2013 - Case updated to show 'RFE Response Review'... waiting on an interview date now i think!<p>

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

stay positive at all times.God is in control no matter what.. :yes:

My question is should I apply for a work permit now, I did before but uscis was waiting on info from my spouse which he refuse to produce and by the time they were aware of the vawa filing they had already denied the work permit because they did not get the info from him. Now that I am doing a selp petition should I file a new request for work permit and is it possible to get the permit even though the i-360 is pending? I know my questions might have some peole saying "duh" but I am really ignorant to this entire filing process

When I filed my i-360 I filed it alone. After waiting 6 months I cannot take the waiting any longer so I filed for work permit. I sent in i-485 an i-765 with fee waiver to VSC, along with a letter to request that the forms be joined to my pending i-360 so that I could get a work permit based upon pending i-485. I am now waiting on my EAD approval, I will update my timeline below when I hear something! Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Thank you for your response 37 shells. Confusion is an understatement of how I feel most of the time, I'm sure many of you guys feel the same way. I try to read as much as I can and educate myself during this intolerable wait but the more I find out the more I fear that I filed something wrong.

I also just got some unpleasant news, my package for I-485 and a work permit got rejected because my lawyer filed it on an outdated version of the form. I cant believe it, I don't sleep, I'm scared, I cry all the time, I count every second I wait for any kind of answer and he just doesn't know about an updated form??? I am so frustrated and helpless right now, why do we have to keep struggling trying to overcome all these obstacles over and over again like we haven't suffered enough already?! Sometimes I wonder, when I pray and beg every day, does God even hear me?....

you will be fine dear friend..just re-file a new one. make sure he gets the form from the USCIS website and nowhere else.

avk, I am so sorry to hear you go through this. I know exactly how you are feeling because just last week I was feeling the same way and BAM my approval came on friday. I had lowest of the lowest moments and I contemplated in my head whether to commit suicide or not. I kept telling myself that how would my family feel? I cried so many times and denounced that God ever existed so many times. I wondered how he could love me and see me go through this pain without helping? As many times I thought about this, I would always dream at night with great visions of the future and God telling me everything would be ok. I would quote scriptures about victory anytime the devil brought negative thoughts to my mind. That helped me alot. I have no car,job or nothing I could call mine so I was stuck in the house for all those months. Try and do things you love the most.Trust me it would clear your head. Take each day as it comes.God gives us strength for each day. Concerning your lawyer,I think he is incompetent. Why not try some non profit organization in your area? It may take a while to get an appointment but this process is all about patience. I have learnt it through the hard way. I am happy i am almost done with this process because attorneys are a thorn in my flesh. My lawyer dooesnt even know that I have been approved. SMH!. It will all work oout avk and everyone else waiting. We have all been there. Feel free to send messages to those of us who have completed this process.I did that and it really helped. God bless everyone and remember God doesn't end in a negative. The path of the righteous continues to shine brighter and brighter.Good luck family

Filed: Other Timeline

avk, I am so sorry to hear you go through this. I know exactly how you are feeling because just last week I was feeling the same way and BAM my approval came on friday. I had lowest of the lowest moments and I contemplated in my head whether to commit suicide or not. I kept telling myself that how would my family feel? I cried so many times and denounced that God ever existed so many times. I wondered how he could love me and see me go through this pain without helping? As many times I thought about this, I would always dream at night with great visions of the future and God telling me everything would be ok. I would quote scriptures about victory anytime the devil brought negative thoughts to my mind. That helped me alot. I have no car,job or nothing I could call mine so I was stuck in the house for all those months. Try and do things you love the most.Trust me it would clear your head. Take each day as it comes.God gives us strength for each day. Concerning your lawyer,I think he is incompetent. Why not try some non profit organization in your area? It may take a while to get an appointment but this process is all about patience. I have learnt it through the hard way. I am happy i am almost done with this process because attorneys are a thorn in my flesh. My lawyer dooesnt even know that I have been approved. SMH!. It will all work oout avk and everyone else waiting. We have all been there. Feel free to send messages to those of us who have completed this process.I did that and it really helped. God bless everyone and remember God doesn't end in a negative. The path of the righteous continues to shine brighter and brighter.Good luck family

God bless you optimisticchic, your words of encouragment is a blessing. Thank you.

Filed: Other Timeline

Optimistic God bless you for this! Am at my lowest right now and this really helped. I pray God forgives me for all the things i said to him.

Optimistic God bless you for this! Am at my lowest right now and this really helped. I pray God forgives me for all the things i said to him.

Yagana,when things begin to get rough a change is about to come.Remember,you have already been forgiven for the sins you were going to commit 2000 years ago. Don't be too hard on yourself. Try to get yourself involved in things that you enjoy doing. Surround yourself with people who lift you up with encouraging words.God bless!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.