2,987 posts in this topic

My question is should I apply for a work permit now, I did before but uscis was waiting on info from my spouse which he refuse to produce and by the time they were aware of the vawa filing they had already denied the work permit because they did not get the info from him. Now that I am doing a selp petition should I file a new request for work permit and is it possible to get the permit even though the i-360 is pending? I know my questions might have some peole saying "duh" but I am really ignorant to this entire filing process

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

My question is should I apply for a work permit now, I did before but uscis was waiting on info from my spouse which he refuse to produce and by the time they were aware of the vawa filing they had already denied the work permit because they did not get the info from him. Now that I am doing a selp petition should I file a new request for work permit and is it possible to get the permit even though the i-360 is pending? I know my questions might have some peole saying "duh" but I am really ignorant to this entire filing process

From wat am reading you only sent in the i360 yes u can apply for the work permit. (Are u in removal) But for your sake I relly think you should get a lawyer who has experience with vawa. You shouldn't have to be using google and you paying a lawyer. Most immigration lawyers are very lackadaisical so imagine one who has no prior experience if your lawyer makes any mistake that will cost you time lots of it from wat i have witness with vsc and with vsc time is definately not of the essence.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

lorphelpme you said to Nardah "from what I am reading you only sent in the i360 yes u can apply for the work permit". She just can apply to get work permit if she has a pending I-485 or had her vawa case APPROVED ok, just having form I-360 filed alone is enough to obtain EAD.

Thank u guys for answering my questions, I did get some good advice today n I will be following through on them asap. Oh yes my lawyer isn't familiar much with vawa cases but I can't afford any other , that is a major reason I need a job! I will try n speak to him morrow n let u know the outcome :-)

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

lorphelpme you said to Nardah "from what I am reading you only sent in the i360 yes u can apply for the work permit". She just can apply to get work permit if she has a pending I-485 or had her vawa case APPROVED ok, just having form I-360 filed alone is enough to obtain EAD.

Sandranj u are saying that if you have a i360 filed alone is enough to obtain a EAD? My friend is in removal and was told she can only file the i360 she can't obtain an EAD that's why I ask her if she is in removal. ( I could be wrong) so the question goes to you can someone obtain an EAD and be in removal?

I also read here also About someone who was in removals like my friend who said they couldn't apply I guess if they can then their lawyers dont know any better, that's why I love my vj family you get so much knowledge.

Please let me know cause my friend would love one so she can work

I know about the i485 and definately about an approved i360

I think that was to read is NOT I think that was a type error.........no I'm not inremoval nor is my i-485 approved everything iis pending I just didn't have a i-765 in that was denied because the lawyer thought vsc would have notified the other dept that had the original filing about the dv.......I have been coming to this site since january just couldn't find any current discussions all were closed

Filed: Timeline

Sandra, what is category 14? I thought it's supposed to be c9? Thank you

It is c(14) IF you have an approved i-360 / are in 'deferred action' status

It is c(9) IF you have a pending i-360 and pending i-485

You cannot get an EAD with a pending i-360 UNLESS you also have a pending i-485. Hope that clears up the confusion!

Edited by 37shells

04/24/2012 - VAWA I-360 Received by VSC

05/02/2012 - Receipt Notice Issued (received in hand on 5/08/2012)

05/03/2012 - 180-day Notice of Prima Facie Issued(received in hand on 5/08/2012)

10/02/2012 - Mailed request for renewal of Prima Facie

10/18/2012 - Received renewed 180-day notice of Prima Facie

10/26/2012 - Filed i-485 and i-765 for EAD with request to join them to my pending i-360

10/31/2012 - Receipt Notices Issued for i-485 and i-765, fees waived (received in hand on 11/05/2012)

11/02/2012 - Appointment notice issued for i-485 biometrics appointment on 11/27/2012

11/08/2012 - Biometrics notice received and returned with a request to reschedule.

11/15/2012 - i-765 Approved / Notice Mailed / Card Production Ordered

11/19/2012 - EAD Card Mailed / Approval Notice Paper Copy Received

11/23/2012 - EAD Card DELIVERED!11/30/2012 - SSN applied for - card received 7 days later!

12/14/2012 - Biometrics done (walked in a few days before my appointment, was a great experience!)

04/05/2013 - Third Prima Facie Received valid for 60 days

04/11/2013 - Sent additional evidence that was unavailable at time of filing, received by VSC on 4/15/2013.

04/18/2013 - Touched (acknowledgment of correspondence received by USCIS)

04/26/2013 - I360 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05/02/2013 - Received in mail approval notice (dated 4/24/2013 - a year to the day that i filed!) and notice of deferred action.

06/24/2013 - i-485 Transferred to NBC "to speed up processing"

07/03/2013 - RFE for medical

10/10/2013 - RFE response mailed, a few days late - praying that its still accepted!

10/17/2013 - Case updated to show 'RFE Response Review'... waiting on an interview date now i think!<p>

04/16/2014 - GC INTERVIEW!!!!! Felt it did not go well

05/02/2014 - green card approved!

(I am filing by myself without the help of an attorney)

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hi everyone, thank God I got my I 360 approved, now it's gonna be 4 month on nov 19 that I sent my application for permanent resident and nothing yet.. Please can u guys share how long you guys wait to have the interview permanent resident.. Loveme or anybody else please .. Thanks for everything, this inf help a lot and give us faith when we need it the most .. Sandra thanks for all your advise .. Ssisi

Filed: Timeline

I will, my lawyer says we will hear something from vsc before the end of the year.

I am a newbie on this site and have read all these helpful posts. Indeed there is a wonderful family of Vawa applicants here. I just filed my case last week and I'm waiting a receipt.I only filed I-360 do I have to wait till its approved before I file employment authorization card? I'm hearing conflicting info on when its appropriate to file for the I-785. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.