2,987 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

IS there a different I-485 form for VAWA?

I go to this link http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

and on "I'm applying for AOS because" section, it doesn't have an option of "based on Battered Spouse".

check "h" and write "vawa self petitioner" in the blank space.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Oh well thank you!!

I remember on I-360, they asked if I filed With I-485 and I checked no because I was planning on waiting till I-360 approval but now I change my mind.

Can I just send -485 and 765?

Or do I need to write a cover letter?

Jesse...Sandranj already answered to all your questions !

She advised you to WAIT ! On page 18 she gave you an example of a cover letter sample detailing what you need to write when filing for your 765....

Take your time and re-read all the posts from the beginning till finish.

good luck.

Jesse...Sandranj already answered to all your questions !

She advised you to WAIT ! On page 18 she gave you an example of a cover letter sample detailing what you need to write when filing for your 765....

Take your time and re-read all the posts from the beginning till finish.

good luck.

There is a old saying 'haste makes waste' from reading jessie u haven't even gotten a primafacie so u definitely don't know where u stand, its understandable that u would love to begin school but filing the i-485 now could be to ur detriment, just wait n put school on a back burner for now. The girls here are advising u to help not to discourage......just be patient

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments..but there's a bit misunderstanding.

My plan was just to prepare form in advance but I won't send the packet until I got prima facie

15 months and counting today this wait is becomming ughhh. No RFE (not that I want any) just waiting...waiting...waiting

Was it based on mental or physical?

Don't give up my friend

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments..but there's a bit misunderstanding.

My plan was just to prepare form in advance but I won't send the packet until I got prima facie

Was it based on mental or physical?

Don't give up my friend

:dance: Great idea! Paperwork can take so freaking long!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

hi liveurlife: Thanks for the message, but different people see different things in different way, i have medical doctor's mental prescription drug report and therapy report too, be honestly we experienced the same thing, you guys can choose divorce and start new life, but I have two younger sister-in-laws need take care of, I support four US citizens in my family, I cherish my first christian marriage. english saying no pain no gain.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.