2,987 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I applies same time as you but haven't even got my NOA yet..I filed I-360 alone

sorry to read about this Jessy007...hope all will be sorted out really really soon.

i did pay for my i465 ,yes, and it took about less than 2 months for EAD..i had to re-file bcz i had made a mistake! So when you look at it ,still not bad timeframe wise.

Hang in there!you will be fine,God is in control, always!

Timeline

Can anybody can tell me if you have prima facie is approved . Can we get medical on it or not in California

i think you should be able to apply for it without a problem.

call your local office and inquire about it.

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hi everybody.i was reading your all comments and I am very great full that we have a vawa family done over here.i am a new bie .i have applied my i-360 on this oct 22 ,2012. And after one weeks I got approved primA facie. I want to ask you can i apply for work permit even if I am in removal process

Hi welcome go bk to page 5 and read wat Sandranj say about your question good luck. It's well said she is knowledgable about vawa and helps us out so much here.

Filed: Timeline

For those of you who have applied 485 while your VAWA is pending to get work permit please share your knowledge with me plz..

I just wanna fill out everything and once I hear sth back from VSC about NOA of my 360, I'll send 485 and 765 right away.

I'm married to USC..don't have any proof of her staus..only SSN card and driver license copy.

I only have 30$ left in hand..how do I get a fee waived?

Plz share w/e u guys think its important

I'm a noob

Edited by jesse007

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

jesse007 you said you don't have proof about her status, did you ask in your I-360 cover letter for Uscis to find out about her status?

Now it explains because you didn't receive NOA or prima facie yet, you never mentioned this before here in the VJ, it will take weeks for USCIS to check s if she he is an LPR or US Citizen and without confirming that USCIS cannot send you a prima facie and NOA.

To ask to waive the fee file out form I-912 and write down your expenses. You can write something like that .

I am the legal husband of an abusive US citizen. My wife has been physically and emotionally abusive towards me (I had described all the details in the form I-360).

I am facing economic hardship. I do not have a job and have never worked in the US because I haven't received a work authorization yet. I can't afford to pay for any of the bills now. I found myself stuck in a situation where I have to pay for rent, food, and basic needs and don't have any revenue or assets and no family in this country to help.Please accept and approve forms I-912 and I-765.

If you need additional information please contact me at xxxxxxx

------------------------------------------------

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

Jesse007 DO NOT send form I-765 and I-485 right now. USCIS is taking long time to send you the Notice of Action (NOA)because you couldn't submit evidences of her status in the USA then Vawa Unit has to find out. You must wait to receive the NOA and then you can submit the forms ok .If you don't have a place to stay find a shelter for victims of domestic violence. If you suffered physical abuse and have at least a police report you can apply for "compensation for relocation" most of the States make a lump sump of $1.500. They won't give for victims of mental abuse, you need to prove that you were physically abused and you need to have a police report as well.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

somone California is the best State to get public benefits. You will be able to get medicaid and food stamp in California with prima facie.

If you suffered physical abuse and have at least a police report you can apply for "compensation for relocation" California makes a lump sump of $1.500. They won't give for victims of mental abuse, you need to prove that you were physically abused and you need to have a police report as well.

Filed: Timeline

Sandranj,

Thanks you so much..on a peice of paper, I tape a copy of her SSN card and a copy of her driver license and above that letter, I wrote to VAWA unit that because of my controlling abusive wife and for safety reason, I had to leave home without having enough time to gather the evidence, thus I asked VAWA unit to help me get her residency status because ItS beyond my control.

In my I-360, I talked a lot about her being a US citizen.

So at this point, I'll just wait correct?

Edited by jesse007

Timeline

jesse007 Uscis will find out about her Citizenship with her name and SS number.You won' be able to find about her status by yourself.You have just to wait it will take a while,but do not send form I-485 before receiving the NOA OK.

Did you send a psychological evaluation along with form I-360?are you doing therapy?. If you didn't send it then it's time to start looking for some psychologist,you can find some free treatment.USCIS won't approve your Vawa case with mental abuse allegations without a psychological evaluation .It's important to show how the mental abuse affected your life and how you are functioning because of the abuse that you endured.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

somone California is the best State to get public benefits. You will be able to get medicaid and food stamp in California with prima facie.

If you suffered physical abuse and have at least a police report you can apply for "compensation for relocation" California makes a lump sump of $1.500. They won't give for victims of mental abuse, you need to prove that you were physically abused and you need to have a police report as well.

SAHILKUNDRA ...this answer was meant for you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.