Jason & Anna

November 2012 AOS Filers

977 posts in this topic

We're done! My kiddos and I had our interviews this morning. I had originals and copies of everything, and hardly needed any of it. I had to show the kids' original birth certificates, and handed in some wedding photos and 2 utility bills... and that's it!

I don't know where I missed the memo, but I didn't realize that our AP would be invalid once the I-94s were removed from the passports today. Ack! Especially since we have flights to Canada booked for 2 weeks from now! No worries though. The officer put our approvals into the system immediately and then we got stamps in our passports to show our permanent resident status, so we can travel without any trouble.

Whew. Such a relief to have this all done with. Nothing to worry about until ROC in 2 years now.

I hope it's the same smooth sailing for those still waiting!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

After i get my EAD combo card can i get a new Social Security Number?

Do you get the number on the spot?

How long does it take?

Has anyone here got the EAD card if yes what documents do you bring to the Social office?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

After i get my EAD combo card can i get a new Social Security Number?

Do you get the number on the spot?

How long does it take?

Has anyone here got the EAD card if yes what documents do you bring to the Social office?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

you can get your SSN before you get your EAD. Just bring in your passport with your I-94 in it and your marriage license. Shouldn't be a problem. I know my daughter applied for hers 2 weeks after she immigrated. Card came in a week after she applied.

Edited by CdnMom

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

My EAD has arrived. Currently sat in the DPS waiting to apply for a drivers license / permit

Nice mine didn't come in the mail yet. I'm mad now it said it suppose to reach today.

AOS

Day 00: Nov/20/12: AOS Package sent(all Forms)

Nov/23/12: at 9:27 A.M.Package signed and recieved

Nov/29/12: Check cashed

Dec/03/12: Recieved Receipts and Biometrics appointment

Dec/20/12: Biometrics appointment

Jan/2/13. : received email an text. Ready for Testing and interview

Jan/23/13: text and email that EAD and AP approved!!!! Yes!!!!!!!

Day 70: Jan/29/13: Card/Document Production

Day 73: Feb/01/13: Recieved EAD card.

Day 101: recieved text/email that AOS interview is April 2nd.

Day--- : AOS approved for green card. Got stamp in passport.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Tomorrow is the interview - we'll be going out for a nice dinner, movie and then relax and get a good night's sleep before the interview!

Good luck!

Adjusting from F1

2012-10-31....Aos package(i-485, i-765) mailed to Chicago lockbox

2012-11-01....Package signed for @ 11:48am

2012-11-15....Email notification that package received

2012-11-15....Check cashed

2012-11-19....Noa's(i-485,i-765) hardcopies received

2012-11-30....Biometric appt letter received in the mail (appt date dec 24.)

2012-12-26....Biometric appointment reschedule on dec.26 (due to holiday)

2013-01-05....EAD approved and notice mailed(according to online)

2013-01-08....Received interview appointment in the mail

2013-01-12....Received EAD card in the mail

2013-02-07....Interviewed(approved on the spot)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We're done! My kiddos and I had our interviews this morning. I had originals and copies of everything, and hardly needed any of it. I had to show the kids' original birth certificates, and handed in some wedding photos and 2 utility bills... and that's it!

I don't know where I missed the memo, but I didn't realize that our AP would be invalid once the I-94s were removed from the passports today. Ack! Especially since we have flights to Canada booked for 2 weeks from now! No worries though. The officer put our approvals into the system immediately and then we got stamps in our passports to show our permanent resident status, so we can travel without any trouble.

Whew. Such a relief to have this all done with. Nothing to worry about until ROC in 2 years now.

I hope it's the same smooth sailing for those still waiting!

Wow awesome news, Big Congrats :dance:

Adjusting from F1

2012-10-31....Aos package(i-485, i-765) mailed to Chicago lockbox

2012-11-01....Package signed for @ 11:48am

2012-11-15....Email notification that package received

2012-11-15....Check cashed

2012-11-19....Noa's(i-485,i-765) hardcopies received

2012-11-30....Biometric appt letter received in the mail (appt date dec 24.)

2012-12-26....Biometric appointment reschedule on dec.26 (due to holiday)

2013-01-05....EAD approved and notice mailed(according to online)

2013-01-08....Received interview appointment in the mail

2013-01-12....Received EAD card in the mail

2013-02-07....Interviewed(approved on the spot)

My frustration continues :(

I managed to talk to someone in Washington D.C yesterday and she said that when she pulled up my records on the S.A.V.E system my record is there and that my verification was confirmed (EAD status) on Jan 29. In my excitement I went to the DPS but they said when the check my verification application it still says pending.

I am beyond upset, and yes I cried again lol but this time I held it back till we got to the car. My Husband has been AMAZING in this process and I wanna thank this forum for being my sounding board again. BUT MAN... this S.A.V.E system needs an overhaul! And I am not the only one who says this. A simple google search for "S.A.V.E system problems" will show that this system is undermanaged and very inefficient.

Today is day 6 into my inquiry, I am hoping someone will be able to tell me something :(

ROC Time line

Dec 18 Package sent

Dec 19 Package received at VSC

Dec 23 Checks cleared

Dec 27 NOA1 received- Dated 12/23/2014

April 2- Biometrics completed

August 24- Update from USICS "My card is being produced"

September 3- Green Card in Hand!

AOS Time line
Nov 5- Medical evaluation with Civil Surgeon. TB skin test & Blood test administered
Nov 7- Medically cleared. I 693 form sign and sealed
Day 0 Nov 9- AOS Package delivered to Chicago. Signed by S. Bush at 10:26 C.T
Day 5 Nov 14- Email/ text notifications received at 21:17 C.T (Official receipt notice Form I 797 to follow in mail)
Day 7 Nov 16- Checks cleared
Day10 Nov 19- I- 797C (for I 130, I 485, I 131 & I 765) Received in hard copy mail
Day 17 Nov 26- I- 797C (for Biometrics appointment) Received in hard copy mail
Day 19 Nov 28- Walk-in Biometrics attempt: Successful. Lubbock, TX ASC. 1000-1013
Day 71 Jan 19- I- 797C Interview appointment letter. Feb 19 at local USCIS field office
Day 77 Jan 29- EAD/AP combo card received. DPS unable to issue renewal or license. S.A.V.E verification required
Day 91 Feb 12- DL renewed. Applied for SSN - pending S.A.V.E verification
Day 98 Feb 19- AOS interview & approval !!!!!!!
Day 108 March 1- Green Card in Hand!

My frustration continues :(

I managed to talk to someone in Washington D.C yesterday and she said that when she pulled up my records on the S.A.V.E system my record is there and that my verification was confirmed (EAD status) on Jan 29. In my excitement I went to the DPS but they said when the check my verification application it still says pending.

I am beyond upset, and yes I cried again lol but this time I held it back till we got to the car. My Husband has been AMAZING in this process and I wanna thank this forum for being my sounding board again. BUT MAN... this S.A.V.E system needs an overhaul! And I am not the only one who says this. A simple google search for "S.A.V.E system problems" will show that this system is undermanaged and very inefficient.

Today is day 6 into my inquiry, I am hoping someone will be able to tell me something :(

Oh wow........ I'm so sorry that you are having all this trouble! Hopefully today, you'll get some information and everything will be right on track!

Feel free to rant here. We all understand how frustrating the process can sometimes be

Card/ Document Production

On February 1, 2013, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I was happy to see this online this morning!! :dance:

Oh wow........ I'm so sorry that you are having all this trouble! Hopefully today, you'll get some information and everything will be right on track!

Feel free to rant here. We all understand how frustrating the process can sometimes be

Hey !!! Im so happy to see progress in your family's case! Woohoo.

I have a small teeny tiny flicker of hope, I called the Dept. of Homeland security SAVE team again and this time they were willing to advocate for me with Texas' Dept of Public safety (The agency issuing Drivers Licenses). I am waiting on someone to call me back to give me some good news.

As far as the fed. govt is concerned, I am all good to go (and drive lol) but it's Texas & the local DPS office that cant seem to get updates ...

Fingers crossed!

ROC Time line

Dec 18 Package sent

Dec 19 Package received at VSC

Dec 23 Checks cleared

Dec 27 NOA1 received- Dated 12/23/2014

April 2- Biometrics completed

August 24- Update from USICS "My card is being produced"

September 3- Green Card in Hand!

AOS Time line
Nov 5- Medical evaluation with Civil Surgeon. TB skin test & Blood test administered
Nov 7- Medically cleared. I 693 form sign and sealed
Day 0 Nov 9- AOS Package delivered to Chicago. Signed by S. Bush at 10:26 C.T
Day 5 Nov 14- Email/ text notifications received at 21:17 C.T (Official receipt notice Form I 797 to follow in mail)
Day 7 Nov 16- Checks cleared
Day10 Nov 19- I- 797C (for I 130, I 485, I 131 & I 765) Received in hard copy mail
Day 17 Nov 26- I- 797C (for Biometrics appointment) Received in hard copy mail
Day 19 Nov 28- Walk-in Biometrics attempt: Successful. Lubbock, TX ASC. 1000-1013
Day 71 Jan 19- I- 797C Interview appointment letter. Feb 19 at local USCIS field office
Day 77 Jan 29- EAD/AP combo card received. DPS unable to issue renewal or license. S.A.V.E verification required
Day 91 Feb 12- DL renewed. Applied for SSN - pending S.A.V.E verification
Day 98 Feb 19- AOS interview & approval !!!!!!!
Day 108 March 1- Green Card in Hand!

I have a small teeny tiny flicker of hope, I called the Dept. of Homeland security SAVE team again and this time they were willing to advocate for me with Texas' Dept of Public safety (The agency issuing Drivers Licenses). I am waiting on someone to call me back to give me some good news.

As far as the fed. govt is concerned, I am all good to go (and drive lol) but it's Texas & the local DPS office that cant seem to get updates ...

Fingers crossed!

Thanks, I'm very relieved that things started to move for us.... in a good direction :yes:

Well, hopefully with your situation having another government agency getting in on it, you'll get everything straightened out. It's crazy how each state is so different.

My daughter had no problem getting her DR License in MI within the month she immigrated. I figured it would expire with her I-94, but nope........ doesn't expire till 2016. In no way connected with when her EAD comes in or anything.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Fingers crossed!

Don't get to frustrated , at least you know your able to work now and have your card in hand. So just take it day by day.

AOS

Day 00: Nov/20/12: AOS Package sent(all Forms)

Nov/23/12: at 9:27 A.M.Package signed and recieved

Nov/29/12: Check cashed

Dec/03/12: Recieved Receipts and Biometrics appointment

Dec/20/12: Biometrics appointment

Jan/2/13. : received email an text. Ready for Testing and interview

Jan/23/13: text and email that EAD and AP approved!!!! Yes!!!!!!!

Day 70: Jan/29/13: Card/Document Production

Day 73: Feb/01/13: Recieved EAD card.

Day 101: recieved text/email that AOS interview is April 2nd.

Day--- : AOS approved for green card. Got stamp in passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.