Bad_Daddy

Anyone else forget their wedding anniversary ?

33 posts in this topic

Three years in a row now and she's sh*tting bricks atm. I blame it on football season. She always gets me something nice along with a card and then waits until the last minute to give it to me and every time like tonight I'm kicking myself in the ####### for not setting an email reminder for it on my google calender.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That stinks! I dont forget mine, my problem is two fold though. 1st she remembers every first... every! I know the really important things, and Im trying to remember the things that are important to her. 2nd I spend hours, days, weeks trying to find the perfect gift for her. She always gets me something perfect, not expensive, not cheesy, just perfect. Thats what I want to do for her every time, I just get anxiety and I think I try too hard. last year was the first time I hit a home run. she complained about talking on her touch screen when it was cold out in Russia so I found a really nice pair of isotoners that were made for touch screen phones. She didnt care about the $300 massage day pampering nearly as much as the gloves. I still hear about it. I wish I could do it every time. No one knows her near as well as I do, I still have a hard time though. I have 19 more days and Im still thinking for her birthday. :blink: Good luck with that Kip!

Youre not sleeping outside now are you? I would think its getting kinda chilly up there now. Im sure you show her every day how much you love her and glad you are together. It is a special day, but every day you are together is special and a blessing.

Edited by Oliverpb

Patrick and Yulia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I hate to tell you but football season will never be a good reason - and might even make her grow to hate it!

The first time is not cool, but ok maybe understandable as it is still new for you - a first... but 3 years in a row? If it is important enough to you and you want to make her happy, make it a point to remember.

The real question here is.... Is it actually NOW set in your Google calendar yet? The last few times you put it off screwed you over.

In the time you posted your question here you could have made sure it was entered for next year :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OH HELL NO! Also never forget ANY other event which involves her getting gifts...New Year's, Women's Day, Mother's Day, Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas, even Sweetest Day :o It would be like all 7 deadly sins in one to forget

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Three years in a row now and she's sh*tting bricks atm. I blame it on football season. She always gets me something nice along with a card and then waits until the last minute to give it to me and every time like tonight I'm kicking myself in the ####### for not setting an email reminder for it on my google calender.

When I met Alla, quite by chance, we had a great couple days together and then I had to leave Prague. She asked me, walking to the subway, if I would email her. I said "I will send you an email every day for the rest of my life" She stopped and stared at me and said "You are lying". I said "No I am not, and I will do it even after we are married and living in the same house" She just laughed. :lol:

I have sent her at least one email every day since then, except about 3 days I was in the hospital until one of the boys brought me my laptop, so how would I forget? I have to think of something to write every day! :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

That stinks! I dont forget mine, my problem is two fold though. 1st she remembers every first... every! I know the really important things, and Im trying to remember the things that are important to her. 2nd I spend hours, days, weeks trying to find the perfect gift for her. She always gets me something perfect, not expensive, not cheesy, just perfect. Thats what I want to do for her every time, I just get anxiety and I think I try too hard. last year was the first time I hit a home run. she complained about talking on her touch screen when it was cold out in Russia so I found a really nice pair of isotoners that were made for touch screen phones. She didnt care about the $300 massage day pampering nearly as much as the gloves. I still hear about it. I wish I could do it every time. No one knows her near as well as I do, I still have a hard time though. I have 19 more days and Im still thinking for her birthday. :blink: Good luck with that Kip!

Youre not sleeping outside now are you? I would think its getting kinda chilly up there now. Im sure you show her every day how much you love her and glad you are together. It is a special day, but every day you are together is special and a blessing.

Sappy cards and take them shopping. Alla loves nothing more than being taken shopping. She is such a miserly shopper she will get 2x times the gifts for the same money, choose it herself so it is just right and get to spend time with me in one of her favorite pasttimes. Plus you get the strip show in the changing rooms. What's not t like?

She would NOT like a $300 massage day either. No way! She wants something that lasts. She also does not like cut flowers...better to buy her a plant with flowers she can put in her flower garden, or a blooming houseplant

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We were married, kind of by chance but also by purpose, on December 31.

Since we have the little one at home, so far our "tradition" is to make homemade spaghetti sauce and lasagna!

And yes, only useful gifts that will last.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I ordered her a Kelty backpack/ carry on from Amazon that has a laptop strap thingy inside. On the down side it's going to take 2 - 3 weeks to get here seeing how we live in the middle of nowhere. I'l pick her up a card today. And ya I got it saved to my google calender now so I get a reminder two weeks early. I suck at remembering dates big time. Her birthday is the day before mine so that one is easy but this wedding anniversary date just doesn't sink into my head.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

btw I lost a 3 month sig bet on here because of that election. So don't anyone think I'm actually using this sig because I agree with it.

sigbet.jpg

Kip,

You have to tell her we all love the photos of her in various poses, so the bet is really punishing us. But, really the wedding anniversary is the most important. Practical gifts are always most appreciated but if you want to splurge on her, then make sure she is involved in each step. I have to now start planning something for the 17th of this month. That is the day Lena arrived in America so of course, "How could you forget that?" :rofl: :rofl:

Our wedding anniversary is on the 18th of January but I'm always getting it confused with the 17th since we celebrated her arrival each month for at least a year. I know that us guys are just not that keyed into specific dates like the ladies are but we just have to put it down somewhere to remind us. :bonk:

Just find some way to say something romantic for why you keep forgetting like, "I can't remember a specific day when everyday is the best day of my life since you came into it". :lol:

Kip,

You have to tell her we all love the photos of her in various poses, so the bet is really punishing us. But, really the wedding anniversary is the most important. Practical gifts are always most appreciated but if you want to splurge on her, then make sure she is involved in each step. I have to now start planning something for the 17th of this month. That is the day Lena arrived in America so of course, "How could you forget that?" :rofl: :rofl:

Our wedding anniversary is on the 18th of January but I'm always getting it confused with the 17th since we celebrated her arrival each month for at least a year. I know that us guys are just not that keyed into specific dates like the ladies are but we just have to put it down somewhere to remind us. :bonk:

Just find some way to say something romantic for why you keep forgetting like, "I can't remember a specific day when everyday is the best day of my life since you came into it". :lol:

I hate holidays, funerals and weddings. I mean she gets gifts on Christmas and her birthday ...and Valentines day is good for dinner, a card and candy. How many holidays do people actually need? Then figure in that Orthodox Christmas which is like having two Christmases. She doesn't buy any of my stories about how I forgot...I mean I just forgot. That and she always knows when I'm lying. I really hate that. It's like she can read my mind or some weird #######. It's kind of creepy if ya ask me. Worse though is that her mom and sister remembered and they called to wish us happy anniversary. Their into their holidays big time over there. I mean who remembers someone else's wedding anniversary?

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Man, she IS good...

I have two suggestions: Give in -or- Own it.

1/Give in - Just give in and make notes, create 10 reminders in your calendar, phone, set alarms and all that stuff, so you won't miss the next one.

2/Own it - Come clean and tell her you can't remember these dates in the way she expects and promise her to celebrate your anniversary on a random weekend of your choosing, by taking her somewhere nice, as a surprise, or getting her a special anniversary gift on another date 'just cause'. (and of course, remember to come through!!!!!)

Face it. You're screwed.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I hate holidays, funerals and weddings. I mean she gets gifts on Christmas and her birthday ...and Valentines day is good for dinner, a card and candy. How many holidays do people actually need? Then figure in that Orthodox Christmas which is like having two Christmases. She doesn't buy any of my stories about how I forgot...I mean I just forgot. That and she always knows when I'm lying. I really hate that. It's like she can read my mind or some weird #######. It's kind of creepy if ya ask me. Worse though is that her mom and sister remembered and they called to wish us happy anniversary. Their into their holidays big time over there. I mean who remembers someone else's wedding anniversary?

I had to laugh at your response, because you are right. But, we did marry them, so we have to deal with it. If you want to make sure this doesn't happen then make her put all of the special days on a calendar prominently displayed in the home. Tell her the days and events must be written in English. I have a calendar at home that doesn't see much English and when she says it was on the calendar I just ask, "In English?" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hang in there buddy, there are still plenty of things that you do right. :thumbs:

OH HELL NO! Also never forget ANY other event which involves her getting gifts...New Year's, Women's Day, Mother's Day, Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas, even Sweetest Day :o It would be like all 7 deadly sins in one to forget

Just saw this Gary. Yep.. "Women's Day". That another one. I always see the "Happy Women's Day" threads on here so I don't forget that one. But that's just one more holiday. There's got to be a limit. I mean there's only so many days in a year for christ sake and how many do they really need?

I had to laugh at your response, because you are right. But, we did marry them, so we have to deal with it. If you want to make sure this doesn't happen then make her put all of the special days on a calendar prominently displayed in the home. Tell her the days and events must be written in English. I have a calendar at home that doesn't see much English and when she says it was on the calendar I just ask, "In English?" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hang in there buddy, there are still plenty of things that you do right. :thumbs:

I'm redoing my google calender right now to make sure I have all these holiday's in it along with birthdays. I have so many nephews, nieces, etc.. and I'm lucky if I can remember my immediate families birthdays let alone theirs. We have a calender but we don't write on it much. She uses the wipe board on the fridge for ####### that she wants me to do and every thing else she puts in her little note book. I just use scratch paper for every thing including phone numbers...like those little yellow sticky's next to the phone or on the back of whatever is nearest atm. That hasn't worked so good for me in the past.

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.