Payal Sharma

Medical in Kolkata Apollo Gleneagles

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am going to share my experiences regarding first day of Medical on November 6 ( For US Visa (CR1 category) in Apollo Gleneagles. It is in 58 canal circular road, kolkata - 54. When I have reached the main building then I came to know from the reception, that I have to visit the Day care building (which is in the same compound of Apollo) where I have to meet one adviser ( who is associated with the doctors) and who is taking care of the US Spouse Visa Medical as well. I have reached there at 10:30am since I have to go from Durgapur via car and it is almost 3.5 hours so I reached there at 10:30 am as my appointment is from 11:00am. But that guy came at 11:30am and my proceedings started at 11:45am. You need to wait for long otherwise the staffs are very co-operative and courteous from the beginning. Here in lies the details of testing:

1. Filled up the form.

2. Paid the fees (Rs.1450) for the testing of VDRL (blood Test only) and Chest x-ray. Depends on the age as my age is 30 years.

3. Returned to the same guy and he advised me to take the blood test and chest x-ray.

4. Completed the blood test and chest x-ray.

5. Attended the Pharmacy on the same day care building and purchased 3 vaccines depends on my age again and purchased syringes, alcohol swaps and round adhesive and one plastic cover gloves. You need to buy all these things and total costs Rs.1356/-.

6. Attended the nurse's room and came to know that I have to pay for the Pushing of injections as well.

7. Paid the money ( for 3 injections pushing costs Rs.180)

8. Pushing done.

9. Returned to the same guy and he kept my file for future reference.

10. Got the date for November 9 at 11:00am for final check-up and reports.

P.s. Hope this helps but please keep one thing in mind, while Chest X - ray keep your gold/ silver chain, mangal sutra in home otherwise earings and bangles are fine. During X-ray take a deep breath and hold so that you will get a clean and clear X-Ray :)

I will keep you updated when the Nov.9 medical will be done.

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am going to share my experiences regarding first day of Medical on November 6 ( For US Visa (CR1 category) in Apollo Gleneagles. It is in 58 canal circular road, kolkata - 54. When I have reached the main building then I came to know from the reception, that I have to visit the Day care building (which is in the same compound of Apollo) where I have to meet one adviser ( who is associated with the doctors) and who is taking care of the US Spouse Visa Medical as well. I have reached there at 10:30am since I have to go from Durgapur via car and it is almost 3.5 hours so I reached there at 10:30 am as my appointment is from 11:00am. But that guy came at 11:30am and my proceedings started at 11:45am. You need to wait for long otherwise the staffs are very co-operative and courteous from the beginning. Here in lies the details of testing:

1. Filled up the form.

2. Paid the fees (Rs.1450) for the testing of VDRL (blood Test only) and Chest x-ray. Depends on the age as my age is 30 years.

3. Returned to the same guy and he advised me to take the blood test and chest x-ray.

4. Completed the blood test and chest x-ray.

5. Attended the Pharmacy on the same day care building and purchased 3 vaccines depends on my age again and purchased syringes, alcohol swaps and round adhesive and one plastic cover gloves. You need to buy all these things and total costs Rs.1356/-.

6. Attended the nurse's room and came to know that I have to pay for the Pushing of injections as well.

7. Paid the money ( for 3 injections pushing costs Rs.180)

8. Pushing done.

9. Returned to the same guy and he kept my file for future reference.

10. Got the date for November 9 at 11:00am for final check-up and reports.

P.s. Hope this helps but please keep one thing in mind, while Chest X - ray keep your gold/ silver chain, mangal sutra in home otherwise earings and bangles are fine. During X-ray take a deep breath and hold so that you will get a clean and clear X-Ray :)

I will keep you updated when the Nov.9 medical will be done.

Thank you payal. My husband is not going to the hospital you mentioned but thank you so much for sharing as it really helps other VJ members to understand the process. Thanks again and i will look out for your updates after 9th.

Timeline

Thank you payal. My husband is not going to the hospital you mentioned but thank you so much for sharing as it really helps other VJ members to understand the process. Thanks again and i will look out for your updates after 9th.

Sure I will keep on posted about the latest updates after November 9. Don't you worry!

Timeline

Hope everything went well, Payal

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the late reply. Finally got the Medical reports on November 9. I had to wait long for the final physical check up and then get the reports after 1 hour. Reports are fine and now waiting for the Final D-Day :) ! Reports and Chest X-ray are properly sealed and it is said that Chest X-ray is important for POE. But from security perspective please carry it with yourself during interview time. Other wise everything went well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.