SteveKarlaMayer

Relatives in the USA can cause Visa denial????

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

My mom lives in the US legally and also my aunts and cousins etc. I'm pretty much the only one here. I met my fiance while visiting my family. I do have a tourist visa.. I'm concerned now

I-129F Sent : 2012-01-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-09

I-129F RFE(s) : 2012-08-17

RFE Reply(s) : 2012-09-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-10-18

NVC Received : 2012-10-25

NVC Left : 2012-10-29

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2012-11-08

Interview Date : 2013-01-07

Interview Result :

Typically, the CO will already know the answer. If they ask, tell them the truth. If they ask names, give names. If your relationship is genuine, and you have enough to show for that, I wouldn't stress it so much because your relationship is what the interview is about.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Typically, the CO will already know the answer. If they ask, tell them the truth. If they ask names, give names. If your relationship is genuine, and you have enough to show for that, I wouldn't stress it so much because your relationship is what the interview is about.

Yup I agree :yes:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Unfortunatly I have to go with yes. I live here in the US and my brother was trying to come to see his niece who he didn't see since she was born and he wants to learn about the culture here and be in my in laws you when they renew the oath again. My brother still didn't finish high school and this year is the last year, so personally I wasn't going to let him stay here. I have a sister, aunt and 2 uncles. My brother went for an interview and the lady asked him if he has any relatives. He said yes. She told him you are denied the visa. He said but i'm going with my mom and my dad, and my dad can afford to cover all of our trip. He said why did you deny me? She told him because you have a brother and a sister and they will try to make you stay and get a green card. I honetly felt so discriminated, I mean we were not even thinking about that. the kid didn't even finish high school. Anyways, it got me mad. I got depressed though for a while because I didn't see my family for 5 years and I was going to see him, but they denied it.

your case is different, you are going for an immigrant visa because you are married to a USC. They don't care about the rest of the family. They just ask to see if you are truthful.

what kind of visa was he applying for?

I have two brothers in the US and I didn't have a problem getting my visa. They did ask me about it at my interview, but it wasn't an issue.

N-400:

Applied online - 7/4/19 

Receipt notice - 7/4/19

Biometrics - 7/25/19

Interview - 9/13/19

Oath Ceremony - 10/11/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi, everyone! Here I am again with a question.

Is it true that if the CO ask you if you have relatives in the USA and you would answer 'Yes' could be a possibly result your visa to be denied? I know this sounds insane but I have heard few of my friends who said it's true. This gave me a scar again since I have 2 cousins in the USA. :-S

Any response would be highly appreciated.

God bless everyone! Xoxo

I DON'T KNOW IF IS TRUE BUT I CAME HERE WITH MY K1 VISA, AND ALSO HAVE RELATIVE LIVING HERE IN THE US...AND IM ALSO MARRIED TO MY THIRD COUSIN AND IT WAS NEVER AN ISSUE. MOST OF THE PEOPLE HERE IN VJ HAVE RELATIVES IN THE US, I WOULDNT BE WORRIED

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.