abrarsalam

Do I need to do packet 3 and 4?

1 post in this topic

Hi guys On October 11th I received a letter from MUMBAIIV@state.gov. I have included the letter below and taken out personal information. What is the next step? Let me tell you... all the numbers and emails i have contacted always provided general and useless information.

Since, I have received the email after the new process changes in Mumbai, what do I do next?

Do I still have to wait for or download packet 3 and send it to a vfs office or Mumbai consulate or email it to them (what is the email?)

Or do I just disregard all of the packet 3 and 4 stuff from the old process, and just fill out all the forms from the email and just take it in with me to the interview?

U.S. Consulate General

Immigrant Visa Unit

C-49,G-Block,Bandra Kurla Complex

Bandra (East), Mumbai 400051

Date: 12 Oct 2012

First Name Last Name

Address

INDIA

Dear Applicant:

We have scheduled the immigrant visa applicant(s) named below for a visa interview in the Immigrant Visa Unit on the date printed below. This letter must be presented upon your arrival at this office on the appointment date.

Please ensure you visit the following link to prepare for your interview.

http://mumbai.uscons...eparation.html.

Failure to read and follow instructions provided may result in your visa being delayed at the initial interview.

For any inquiries call: From India: 91 201 6602222 or 91 2267209400; From U.S.: 1-310-616-5424 (8.00am to 8.00pm Monday through Friday and 9.00 am to 6.00 pm on Sunday).

Email: support-india@ustraveldocs.com

Sincerely

Chief, Immigrant Visa Branch

Visa Appointment

Date Time

26 NOV 2012 07:30

Case Number: BMB2012775016

Name (P) :

Preference Category: K1 - IND

Traveling Applicants:

Please visit http://mumbai.uscons...ov/ivforms.html for Appointment Package Information

Please carry completed DS-156, DS-156-K and DS-230 part-1 forms on the day of your interview. (see website link for forms) http://mumbai.uscons...ov/ivforms.html

Information regarding K visa fees and the current consular exchange rate is available on our website http://mumbai.uscons...gov/ivfees.html

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.