Tough_Era

I got an email from consulate.

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I don't want to waste time or talk here about something useless anymore.. cause i don't want some VJ memebers took this advantage and talk about flaws or past etc.. I mean the ones who have nothing to say or help.

let's Go back To Where we were cause i don't want anybody to get offended or something like that

Problem is you don't listen to the most important advice - have your fiancé come on here.

But I doubt you're worried about what others have said and more worried about the things you've written on here. I'm guessing what you've written is what you don't want her to see.

It's bizarre they didn't ask about age difference as that's a big red flag in morocco. Makes me think they felt like the whole thing was a waste of time and they weren't even going to put any effort into the interview.

Edited by msheesha

Problem is you don't listen to the most important advice - have your fiancé come on here.

But I doubt you're worried about what others have said and more worried about the things you've written on here. I'm guessing what you've written is what you don't want her to see.

It's bizarre they didn't ask about age difference as that's a big red flag in morocco. Makes me think they felt like the whole thing was a waste of time and they weren't even going to put any effort into the interview.

in your opinion, What's the question Interviewer should have been asked about age difference?

Edited by zagray

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

in your opinion, What's the question Interviewer should have been asked about age difference?

Since it is a significant age difference they would have most likely asked you about things like:

You are very young, what about if you want children - have you had this discussion with her. What if she can't have any more?

With the age difference, what do you two have in common?

Are you comfortable with being a grandfather figure at your age?

Things like that. My husband and I only have a 7-8 year difference and he was grilled about the age difference. North Africa has a huge red flag for age differences because it is one of the major signs of fraud. Not saying anyone with a large age difference is fraudulent, I am just saying this is why they ask. The fact they did not ask you makes me believe something else already flagged them to not approve you instead.

Since it is a significant age difference they would have most likely asked you about things like:

You are very young, what about if you want children - have you had this discussion with her. What if she can't have any more?

Things like that. My husband and I only have a 7-8 year difference and he was grilled about the age difference. North Africa has a huge red flag for age differences because it is one of the major signs of fraud. Not saying anyone with a large age difference is fraudulent, I am just saying this is why they ask. The fact they did not ask you makes me believe something else already flagged them to not approve you instead.

I don't know what this thing could be to flag them to not approve me.

All i know is that i have age gap which is huge red flag.

I've heard those questions before and i got the answers if they asked me.

thank you for reminding me and sharing those questions with me.

Edited by zagray

I received the exact same paper. Make sure they send your papers back. I was told in August that our papers were sent back after I emailed them, and I kept calling USCIS and they didnt have the papers. SO finally I sent Casa another email asking for the diplomatic pouch number, turns out they sent our papers the day after I emailed them. RIDICULOUS!!!! Sooo really make sure they sent your paperwork ask for the pouch number.

I have a question for people on here. It has been a month since they sent the papers USCIS still states they have not received the paperwork. How long should it take until I hear from the USICS and then is it the 6-7 month wait after that again. Would it be easier to start the process all over again (sending the packet all over again)? If I wanted to start over again would I need to wait until I hear from USCIS about the one sent back from Casa?

I hope I helped and maybe my question will help you too in the future!

Thank you

Met in Morocco summer 2009

Visited again 2011, 2012, 2013

(The thing I look forward to the most during the year!)

November 2011

K-1 visa (Denied July 2012)

July-November 2012

Waiting for chance to appeal

December 2012

K-1 visa (filed again)

GIVEN THE HARDEST TIME ABANDONED June 2013

September 2013

MARRIED! happy.png

October 2013

5th: Filed

15th: NOA1

March 2014

7th: Transfered to CSC

April 2014

12th: NOA2

May 2014

27th: AOS paid and DS-261 complete

June 2014

10th: AOS sent

August 2014

8th: DS 260 accepted

13th: IV packaged received

October 2014

18th: Checklist

December 2014

11th: CASE COMPLETE!

I received the exact same paper. Make sure they send your papers back. I was told in August that our papers were sent back after I emailed them, and I kept calling USCIS and they didnt have the papers. SO finally I sent Casa another email asking for the diplomatic pouch number, turns out they sent our papers the day after I emailed them. RIDICULOUS!!!! Sooo really make sure they sent your paperwork ask for the pouch number.

I have a question for people on here. It has been a month since they sent the papers USCIS still states they have not received the paperwork. How long should it take until I hear from the USICS and then is it the 6-7 month wait after that again. Would it be easier to start the process all over again (sending the packet all over again)? If I wanted to start over again would I need to wait until I hear from USCIS about the one sent back from Casa?

I hope I helped and maybe my question will help you too in the future!

Thank you

It's an unpleasant situation friend, I think we're on the same boat., and what i don't understand is I don't know why they take money of fees first.

Well, tell me What do you mean by the diplomatic pouch number? never heard of this thing before. and nobody told me about it until you came.

and you made me sure that Sending an email works well than calling them. But i will have to try to call them tomorrow monday to know if they sent my paperwork or not.

So tell me, don't you know the reasons why you got the same paper they send us? do they give you 221 g and then got the same paper i got? and how many interview you had?

the last question Who will hear from the USICS when they receive the paperwork. the petitioner or beneficiary?

Yeah your question will help me of course and we have to keep in touch.

thank you so much when you showed up. ;)

Edited by zagray

They take the money, because they still have to be paid.

When they send your paperwork back to USCIS they send it through mail but its confidential mail (in a way). So if you want to know where your paperwork is I believe there is a number you can call to find that information out. It is like in the US when you send something through the post office they give you a number so you can see exactly where it is. I know this website is extremely helpful during the process and if you get approved but if denied we have really been on our own (meaning no help from the website). If I had known about the pouch number maybe Casa would have sent my paper work in July when my fiance was denied.

We got the paper because my fiance was given the paperwork to fill out about 6 days before his interview and he got most of his paperwork together. However, one paper we were still waiting for he got the day before and there was no time to translate it into English. And I also sent him the wrong paper for affidavit of support. I kept reading about both papers and it wasnt clear to me which one to send. I sent the wrong one. And also my fiance couldnt tell them the time of the day I take my medication (not for a harmful disease) and he couldnt remember the name of my job (its a really long name) but he knew what I do at work.

We received the same paper as you. My fiance went for his first interview and the man who was supposed to give him the interview did not show up So they rescheduled his interview for two days after that but he had exams so they gave him four days(because he had exams he was still not able to get the paper translated) He had his interview that day and was given the same paper that you received.

I know you have gotten upset when some people say it, but they are correct. It should be your fiancee doing the calling and tracking your paperwork because it is all done through the US. If you want the diplomatic pouch number I would email the consulate. I have found I get more answers and more things done and resolved through emailing Casa.

No problem happy I could help this is a long and rigorous process that really takes alot out of everyone. If not for my school I would have said forget the visa and gone to live with my fiance in Morocco. Good Luck

It's an unpleasant situation friend, I think we're on the same boat., and what i don't understand is I don't know why they take money of fees first.

Well, tell me What do you mean by the diplomatic pouch number? never heard of this thing before. and nobody told me about it until you came.

and you made me sure that Sending an email works well than calling them. But i will have to try to call them tomorrow monday to know if they sent my paperwork or not.

So tell me, don't you know the reasons why you got the same paper they send us? do they give you 221 g and then got the same paper i got? and how many interview you had?

the last question Who will hear from the USICS when they receive the paperwork. the petitioner or beneficiary?

Yeah your question will help me of course and we have to keep in touch.

thank you so much when you showed up. ;)

November 2011

July-November 2012

December 2012

K-1 visa (filed again)

September 2013

MARRIED! happy.png

October 2013

March 2014

April 2014

May 2014

June 2014

August 2014

October 2014

December 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can tell you from my experience , there is no review of a fiance visa once its returned. That was the answer given to my senators office after she called multiple times. Returned k-1's are not a priority and they will do everything else before getting to that. I waited almost one year and nothing.

You will wait and it will never happen. Best thing to do is to reapply.

:wacko: I was wondering if you happened to know how long after begin denied that I need to wait. I should have just reapplied when we were denied then we would be making some progress instead of just waiting.

Thank you so much!

I can tell you from my experience , there is no review of a fiance visa once its returned. That was the answer given to my senators office after she called multiple times. Returned k-1's are not a priority and they will do everything else before getting to that. I waited almost one year and nothing.

You will wait and it will never happen. Best thing to do is to reapply.

November 2011

July-November 2012

December 2012

K-1 visa (filed again)

September 2013

MARRIED! happy.png

October 2013

March 2014

April 2014

May 2014

June 2014

August 2014

October 2014

December 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here is my story from Dec 2010, it took 4 months for the diplomatic pouch to return to the states, they send it from one consulate to another overseas. I then recieved a letter March 2010 stating they had it and just wait for them to contact me if they needed something they would contact me, after another few months inquired again and was told returned k-1 are not a priority and they review when they get to it, then in Aug 2010 the senators office was told this :

Hello Brenda,

I just wanted to follow-up to tell you the latest information I received in talking with the Vermont Service Center for USCIS. They told me that when a consulate denies a fiancé visa and returns it to USCIS, it is essentially a closed case. If you want to pursue another attempt at a fiancé visa, you will need to file a brand new I-129F application.

I am so sorry about this, but thought you’d want to know.

Sincerely,

This was after waiting 9 months. I don't want anyone else to go through what I did. And there isn't a thing you can do about it. So don't believe it when they say there is a review in k-1's returned . So I sent them a certified letter stating that I wanted my application cancelled, even though I never recieved anything official stating they cancelled. I gave them all the information about our case, EAC number etc. Make sure you send a certified letter of your cancelling the first k-1 before you submit the second. This was all advice given to me by the customer service person at USCIS. I don't remember the specifics but call and ask. In my case I went to Morocco and was married, so we didn't reapply for the k-1. God help us!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here is my story from Dec 2010, it took 4 months for the diplomatic pouch to return to the states, they send it from one consulate to another overseas. I then recieved a letter March 2010 stating they had it and just wait for them to contact me if they needed something they would contact me, after another few months inquired again and was told returned k-1 are not a priority and they review when they get to it, then in Aug 2010 the senators office was told this :

Hello Brenda,

I just wanted to follow-up to tell you the latest information I received in talking with the Vermont Service Center for USCIS. They told me that when a consulate denies a fiancé visa and returns it to USCIS, it is essentially a closed case. If you want to pursue another attempt at a fiancé visa, you will need to file a brand new I-129F application.

I am so sorry about this, but thought you'd want to know.

Sincerely,

This was after waiting 9 months. I don't want anyone else to go through what I did. And there isn't a thing you can do about it. So don't believe it when they say there is a review in k-1's returned . So I sent them a certified letter stating that I wanted my application cancelled, even though I never recieved anything official stating they cancelled. I gave them all the information about our case, EAC number etc. Make sure you send a certified letter of your cancelling the first k-1 before you submit the second. This was all advice given to me by the customer service person at USCIS. I don't remember the specifics but call and ask. In my case I went to Morocco and was married, so we didn't reapply for the k-1. God help us!

This is very to the point, it's what VJ is all about.

Thank you sooooo much!!

I have been on a hunt for a straight forward answer! I have posted topics and talked to people and no one was really able to give me an answer. You have helped lots! :D

Hello Brenda,

Sincerely,

November 2011

July-November 2012

December 2012

K-1 visa (filed again)

September 2013

MARRIED! happy.png

October 2013

March 2014

April 2014

May 2014

June 2014

August 2014

October 2014

December 2014

Hello Brenda,

Sincerely,

Thanks alot! very useful. ;)

Exactly - or in thier minds the differences were so glaring and unable to be overcome, they didn't even bother with any questions.

There's no way you should waste your or your fiance's time or money until you have an understanding about why they denied you.

Also other questions they would usually ask are questions about family contact. Has she met your family? Do you have pictures with your family in Morocco? What does your family think about you marrying a grandmother who is old enough to be your mother?

Is your family upset by the fact you will most likely not be able to have children?

Have you met and/or talked to her family? What do her children think about her marrying someone so much younger than her, who is in need of a green card?

What will you and your fiance do if you don't get the visa; if you never get a visa to the US? Will your fiance move to Morocco so you can have a life together?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.