AKSinghSingh79

Which is the correct marriage date?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I came across some posts that said the date of the marriage registration in India is the date that is to be used for the marriage and immigration forms. I have never heard of this before and wanted to verfiy this information. My husband said that this is not true.

I was married in a Hindu temple and recieved a marriage certificate dated 5/25/2012.

To date we still have not been able to register our marriage due to political red tape. Which is the correct date to use on our I-130 and other subsequent forms? Is it the date of marriage, that is the day we got married in the temple, as is stated on our marriage certificate or is it the date that is printed on the marriage registration (which we may never receive)?

Thanks,

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I came across some posts that said the date of the marriage registration in India is the date that is to be used for the marriage and immigration forms. I have never heard of this before and wanted to verfiy this information. My husband said that this is not true.

I was married in a Hindu temple and recieved a marriage certificate dated 5/25/2012.

To date we still have not been able to register our marriage due to political red tape. Which is the correct date to use on our I-130 and other subsequent forms? Is it the date of marriage, that is the day we got married in the temple, as is stated on our marriage certificate or is it the date that is printed on the marriage registration (which we may never receive)?

Thanks,

Date of marriage is when you marry in temple. registration u can do any time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

without registration how can u got marriage certificate? when u go for marriage ragistrar u have to say we got married on this day with proof of pandit and other 2 person who knows u...and thats whenever u want u can register with original temple marriage date...but now if temple and marriage certificate date is different ..just use marriage certificate date...because document with sign of authority is valid...

Filed: Timeline

Your marriage date at temple is the only date. Your marriage certificate will mention your wedding date and registration date separately. Registration date is useless. I'm not sure why you're having trouble in registering your marriage. You need to change your lawyer even though you feel he has worked hard. Your lawyer is crappy and needs to be dumped, period.

Chances are that the registrar has grudge with your lawyer. Anyways, dump him and get a new one. This is a simple process which only needs a hindu wedding process and no catches to it. No registrar can deny it with a valid reason.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.