Bosco

MENA BICKERING

342 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
This coming from the person that called me a sewer.

I have exerted a lot of effort in ignoring you, JP. Yet, you follow me from thread to thread spewing insults at me. I do have a point where I will get nasty and that isn't even it.

If someone disagrees with you then you can respond with meaningful argument. Your conjecture. Your statements should not however include insults and other factors to instigate things.

Example: You are wrong because you are an idiot and know nothing; you are wrong because you clearly do not know what the "xyz" says. OR you could say You may be wrong because from my understand the XZY says "SGSDSD" on page and from this perspective many people may think that "XYZ" was implied. That way you back your argument up with fact and not insults.

I wish it were so simple, but some people are insulted simply if someone disagrees with them, and reading comprehnsion is dangerously in short supply. You are using rational arguments among primarily irrational people, sad to say.

Do you not think it's insulting to imply that others have reading comprehension difficulties? You seem to like to throw that around. It's all about the way something is said. I'm sure you know what I mean. Some people come straight out with their insults, while others disguise them a bit more. They are there nonetheless.

I didn't even mean it to be disguised. I said it as fact, and there is loads of evidence to that fact on every thread, even this one.

So it's ok to imply that someone is stupid but not that their relationship is gross?

You really don't have to answer this. It just seems to me that nearly *everyone* has been insulting around here.

Edited by jenn3539

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I have exerted a lot of effort in ignoring you, JP. Yet, you follow me from thread to thread spewing insults at me. I do have a point where I will get nasty and that isn't even it.

Where exactly did I insult you? I dont recall calling you anything. If I disagree with you thats an insult? You called me a sewer and I didn't reply to you with another insult. I think you should really take Jenn's previous comment to heart. :thumbs:

Like I said, how about letting your record speak for itself. Why continue to debate them when they simply may or may not want to argue. I see this all the time.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline
There needs to be special restraint in this forum to calm nerves. I honestly can not weed out people clearly from the mob arguments anymore. If it continues I will likely suspend a group of people in the argument (fair or unfair). Once they come back if it happens again I will suspend the next group (if I can not weed a single person out). This will continue until things cool down.

Since you're essentially threatening to suspend me (and others), I will stop :) I need this site (still VJourneying, after all) more than this site needs me lol.

Edited by Gupt

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I will be honest that there is more arguing in this forum than any other by far. More reported posts, etc. Something needs to stop soon please.

I for one would like to apologize for anything I have said that is causing these problems. Come on guys....can't we just learn to be a little more considerate of each other? I know there are times I have things that I am thinking, but decide its best to keep to myself in the name of peace. Anyone else willing to try this? Also, we need to learn to laugh, not at others, but with others. And if that means at myself, so be it.

We really do need more maturity here.

Oh my god are you kidding me? This is rediculous. Did you read your posts?

This is exactly what I am talking about. I am apologizing, and I am rarely an instagator of anything here. We all need to stop looking at what each other is saying and looking at ourselves. This is why I apologized.

That's very nice but are you only applying it to this thread?

Sarah, you just don't get it. I am apologizing, end of story. This thread, any thread. Honestly now, how often do you see me attacking anyone? I engage in conversation, and I do offer my opinion, but I don't go around calling people names and attack their beliefs. I have also learned the benefit of not taking life too seriously. I doubt you will find many people here that will say I have offended them.

I remember a time not so long ago that you were stressing about Hicham's interview. I remember how much time I spent reassuring you that you had no red flags, and that you would be fine. Do you remember that?

I accept your apology. Thank you.

I also remember rooting you on with having your petition reaffirmed and about your second interview. I told you I was sorry for what happened. Do you remember that?

Yes I do remember, all too well. That is the Sarah that I like to remember.

... you love to instigate drama here. Its a well known fact. :yes:

Of course I do. That's because no group of people on VJ can do it like you ladies can. Fact.

Why I am thoroughly offended, and thank you for the compliment. :innocent:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
So it's ok to imply that someone is stupid but not that their relationship is gross?

You really don't have to answer this. It just seems to me that nearly *everyone* has been insulting around here.

Amen sista.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Timeline
Bottom line is that people outside of this forum are being affected by people/topics in this forum. That needs to stop.

I tend to agree with a previous poster that people seem to be hyper sensitive recently in this forum. If they are insulted they get upset more than normal. A rational response to someone accusing another of being a racist would be to say, "No I am not and my record speaks for itself". But in this forum the answer would be more along the lines of "#######!!!! Screw you. You are this and that and I am right and you are wrong!!! This may get me suspended so I will say it regardless... xyz....".

I would ask that people do not get offended so easily. The nice part about forums is that everything people say is recorded for everyone to see so that others can form their own opinions about what person xyz said and meant.

I do not understand how other adults can be affected by anything at all in relation to an online discussion forum. Clearly, there is a subjective TOS that may or may not be being violated, and clearly if this group has more complaints that must be dealt with, it takes time away from other administrative tasks. I still do not understand why ANY of what has been said in these sorts of threads (obviously non-immigration threads)matters to anyone at all and thus requires such a serious chat about being nice and respectful?

If people don't like the title of a thread or they see someone **known** to be an instigator posting there, stay the heck out. It's quite simple.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I agree, and they are just as guilty.

What is so guilty about stating the obvious? You just had a demonstration between Morrocco4ever and Sarah when Sarah didnt get Sarahs apology. This happens alot. What should we call it if not reading comprehension? People simply do not read the responses well before they shoot back.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Where exactly did I insult you? I dont recall calling you anything. If I disagree with you thats an insult? You called me a sewer and I didn't reply to you with another insult. I think you should really take Jenn's previous comment to heart. :thumbs:

Like I said, how about letting your record speak for itself. Why continue to debate them when they simply may or may not want to argue. I see this all the time.

Do you think she doesn't want to argue? Everytime she comes into MENA its a train wreck!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

It was just a warning that I am having trouble differentiating people from the 'mob' in these arguments. The warning was to stay clear of these mob arguments (and clearly not start them yourself) as that is the only option I may have left. This was a warning to everyone.

Do you think she doesn't want to argue? Everytime she comes into MENA its a train wreck!

I think many people may want to argue and that is the problem. That was a general statement.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
It was just a warning that I am having trouble differentiating people from the 'mob' in these arguments. The warning was to stay clear of these mob arguments (and clearly not start them yourself) as that is the only option I may have left. This was a warning to everyone.

I think many people may want to argue and that is the problem. That was a general statement.

I am offended that you are referring to us as a "mob" :P:lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Bottom line is that people outside of this forum are being affected by people/topics in this forum. That needs to stop.

I tend to agree with a previous poster that people seem to be hyper sensitive recently in this forum. If they are insulted they get upset more than normal. A rational response to someone accusing another of being a racist would be to say, "No I am not and my record speaks for itself". But in this forum the answer would be more along the lines of "#######!!!! Screw you. You are this and that and I am right and you are wrong!!! This may get me suspended so I will say it regardless... xyz....".

I would ask that people do not get offended so easily. The nice part about forums is that everything people say is recorded for everyone to see so that others can form their own opinions about what person xyz said and meant.

I do not understand how other adults can be affected by anything at all in relation to an online discussion forum. Clearly, there is a subjective TOS that may or may not be being violated, and clearly if this group has more complaints that must be dealt with, it takes time away from other administrative tasks. I still do not understand why ANY of what has been said in these sorts of threads (obviously non-immigration threads)matters to anyone at all and thus requires such a serious chat about being nice and respectful?

If people don't like the title of a thread or they see someone **known** to be an instigator posting there, stay the heck out. It's quite simple.

Good Advice. I would rather be doing many other things than policing this forum for constant arguments.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I think you know how I meant it. There needs to be special restraint in this forum to calm nerves. I honestly can not weed out people clearly from the mob arguments anymore. If it continues I will likely suspend a group of people in the argument (fair or unfair). Once they come back if it happens again I will suspend the next group (if I can not weed a single person out). This will continue until things cool down. It will be a subjective decision so please do not let it get to this point.

One time when I was little we were on a long car ride -- my parents, 2 brothers, 1 sister and me all in a station wagon.

We 4 kids were in the very back. I was sound asleep, but apparently my brothers were squabbling. My dad pulled the car over and whupped every one of us.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Who did I call stupid? Not reading something well is not the same as stupid.

Saying that I think age gap relationships are gross does not mean I hate old people.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I do not understand how other adults can be affected by anything at all in relation to an online discussion forum. ...........

When you post on a message forum, you usually get to know the people there somewhat. Many of us met our SO's online in some form. So the internet world IMO should be treated real and not just like faceless people at their computers. Not everyone agrees, I understand. And I may not care what some people think of me if they know nothing about me.

But on VJ, ppl do get to know some personal things about each other as the visa process is very personal. So some ppl may get affected by what goes on here, especially those who spend way too much time on here(like me :blush: shamefully addicted).

People spend hours and hours on here. So why would they do that if they don't care at all what happens here or what is said to them. Some will care, and some will not care.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.