• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I think this is the first time EVER I've agreed with Charles. :unsure:

It's impossible not to agree with him on this one-he is debating BOTH sides of the arguement.

Plus he said Lisa was right. He is correct.

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's impossible not to agree with him on this one-he is arguing both sides of the arguement.

No, it's just some people like to tell others how they should/shouldn't feel about things. I.e. You shouldn't be offended by something someone says on a msg board because if you are you're just a big loser.

Whatever, I'm so tired of the same old same old. LisaD is right my ###.

Edited by jenn3539

Filed: Timeline

Aww TY Jenn :thumbs: I'm all warm inside from your love ;)

But Charles...again, I am not bickering with you. Why can't you see that? I think you're being a bit beligerant here because you have nothing else to say.

i don't believe anyone here makes the choice in a SO to please someone else, do they? it's to make themself happy and certainly not you.

if you believe this, then why does Sarah's comment upset you?

It's impossible not to agree with him on this one-he is arguing both sides of the arguement.

No, it's just some people like to tell others how they should/shouldn't feel about things. I.e. You shouldn't be offended by something someone says on a msg board because if you are you're just a big loser.

Charles is the one who said what I quoted about making yourself happy and not worrying about others....if he truly believes this, then where is the issue???

Careful, you might upset me :cry:

:lol:

Timeline
Charles is the one who said what I quoted about making yourself happy and not worrying about others....if he truly believes this, then where is the issue???

Careful, you might upset me :cry:

Well, I guess I don't agree with Charles about everything then. I'll back up, I agree with Stina way back when.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Aww TY Jenn :thumbs: I'm all warm inside from your love ;)

But Charles...again, I am not bickering with you. Why can't you see that? I think you're being a bit beligerant here because you have nothing else to say.

i don't believe anyone here makes the choice in a SO to please someone else, do they? it's to make themself happy and certainly not you.

Possibly it hurts someone who is more sensitive than others of us.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

dancing.gif

It's impossible not to agree with him on this one-he is debating BOTH sides of the arguement.

no, i'm not debating both sides.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Yeah, I'm really having a hard time understanding the whole mentailty, "I would not be offended if someone said xyz to me, therefore if you are offended by it, you are being overly sensitive."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the comment above was in regards to her mother picking someone younger, and given that, there is no need for a person need to make comments about who a person chooses.

you're hardly one to not take offense about things, lisa. it seems you've taken offense with just about everyone on this board at one time or another, including me. one day we hear you remark negatively about the snowflakes, gumdrops and unicorn brigade and now i'm hearing i should not be offended when someone makes a comment which directly includes my relationship with nessa as being "gross" and 'abnormal" due to her and my age difference. i'm certain that such a remark, if floated in certain regional rooms, would generate an uproar.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

I'm not addressing everyone with what I'm talking to Charles about. But I can't understand how people straddle both sides

for example:

x: you're young and inexperienced (alluding to the fact that her opinion isn't valid)

x again: you've offended me with your opinion!!!

scenario #2:

X: I am in a relationship for myself and our happiness and couldn't care less about pleasing you

X again: your opinion of my relationship offends me!

These two scenarios straddle both sides of the argument...either her opinion is meaningless or it's valid, but it can't be both.

Timeline

One thing that has always bothered me is when people tell me that what I'm about to eat looks gross. I used to eat some funky ethnic foods and I would get, "OMG, you're actually gonna eat that? That looks nasty." I can't imagine saying that to someone as they're about to put the food in their mouth. Does it ultimately matter whether you think what I'm eating is gross? No. But would I prefer not to hear it? Yes.

Now if I feel this way about someone telling me what I'm eating is gross...you fill in the rest.

Timeline
I am not trying to stir up a new debate.... but I am curious as to how everyone is defining abnormal.

I think there's a big difference between abnormal and gross. Abnormal to me means, "out of the norm" or "not common". Not an insult in itself, IMO.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.