Bosco

MENA BICKERING

342 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

But can you honestly say that pointing out others' difficulties with comprehension is not a dig?

You are making a mountain out of a molehill, Jenn. I just wish people would READ CAREFULLY what is being said before they fly off the handle. If we are to have any civil and productive discussions, it has got to begin there. It's not fair to ask others to ignore the incivility of those who don't do their duty to keep the peace.

For example, I have been trying to ignore JP for a good deal of the day, but she insists on following me around, insulting me, all the while saying that no one should care what is said about them. If no one should care, why bother to hurl insults?

Hahahahah and you constantly mentioning my name is your way of ignoring me? I love the way you try to act like an angel but believe everyone here can see through that!

Following you? Insulting you? Thats rich!

See what I mean, Captain? If you have an opinion about something, you will pay a price.

Or maybe its just diffucult for you to swallow what you constantly do to other members. :yes: My responses to you only mimick in part what you do to others when they don't agree with you. I have been in this forum through thick and thin. You only show up to pay insults and start arguments.

Are you not doing what you accuse me of? Why is it ok for you to dig at me if digging at people is what you dislike? Is it ok when you do it? If so, why?

I am doing it to show you whats good for the goose is good for the gander. There is always something behind my madness. If you don't like the feeling of it, then why do you keep doing it to others? Not everyone has to see things your way. Not everyone has to agree with you. People keep telling you they disagree with you and its simply not enough for you. At any cost you will keep going to prove a point that someone may not agree with or simply may not want to accept. I don't personally care who digs at me, bcz I'm not an angel. I can take what I dish out. You on the other hand keep passing out insult after insult while calling on Ewok to help you out!

Not to mention you explicity told me to "give it up" yesterday when it became clear, in your mind, that no opinions were changing. Again, advice you give others is not applicable to you?

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I can't believe you put so much value on the things others say that you actually assert that you've "paid a price"....how much, 2 dirhams? Maybe 2 dirhams and some sugar? Give me a flippin' break.

Why did you get so upset about VP using the word "ghetto"? How much value did that have for you that you persisted in complaining about it, peezy. Pot, kettle.

that was a disagreement, not an insult :hehe:

Who gets to distinquish an insult from a tease or a disagreement anyway? If someone says they're insulted, are they always right? I said I was insulted by the "gross and abnormal" comments about older women and younger men marriages, but lots of people were saying I was wrong to be insulted. So, maybe you are wrong to be insulted, too, JP. If I say so, does it make it true for you?

How quickly the story changes. You didn't just say you were insulted, and that wasn't the argument. You said Sarah was making ageist comments by way of using "gross" to describe her opinion of age difference relationships. Is that no longer your argument? Because certainly you are allowed to feel insulted by anything that hurts your feelings or hits a tender spot.

I can't believe you put so much value on the things others say that you actually assert that you've "paid a price"....how much, 2 dirhams? Maybe 2 dirhams and some sugar? Give me a flippin' break.

Why did you get so upset about VP using the word "ghetto"? How much value did that have for you that you persisted in complaining about it, peezy. Pot, kettle.

You're right in that I continued to argue my position, but never did I ever consider the discussion one that I paid any sort of price because others disagreed with me. You keep spinning this junk but you seem to forget all the excuses you've come up with for your own behavior when you get your digs in.

Honestly, this is hilarious.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
that was a disagreement, not an insult :hehe:

Who gets to distinquish an insult from a tease or a disagreement anyway? If someone says they're insulted, are they always right? I said I was insulted by the "gross and abnormal" comments about older women and younger men marriages, but lots of people were saying I was wrong to be insulted. So, maybe you are wrong to be insulted, too, JP. If I say so, does it make it true for you?

The difference is, someone making a general statement about certain kinds of relationships and you making a direct statment to me. Not hard to figure out dear.

Sarahs "gross and abnormal" statement was not directed at anyone, its just how she feels about that type of situation.

Your comments are directed as insults to me, what an honor!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

The difference is, someone making a general statement about certain kinds of relationships and you making a direct statment to me. Not hard to figure out dear.

Sarahs "gross and abnormal" statement was not directed at anyone, its just how she feels about that type of situation.

You take everything as an insult. No honor in that, it's so easy.

And if I say that I think that relationships between Arabs and white American women are gross and abnormal, is that ok because that's just how I feel about their situation (I don't, but this illustrates my point)? You would accept that as a swipe against no one, just a general statement?

Be consistant now.

Filed: Timeline

What exactly is all this "member of this forum" stuff I keep reading? This forum is a part of VJ. Last I checked, there were no additional membership requirements to read/post on this forum.

Maybe there should be :idea:

That would, in effect, be just like moving the forum off of VJ, which did not work.

Maybe Ewok could set it up so only a certain set of userid's even see the MENA forum in the list and have access to the postings within it. That would not be like moving the forum of VJ.

This was actually something offered in the past.... it was decided it's not what the "group" wanted.... another space was created where "outsiders" do not have access.. it did not stop what you see here. :star:

And if I say that I think that relationships between Arabs and white American women are gross and abnormal, is that ok because that's just how I feel about their situation (I don't, but this illustrates my point)? You would accept that as a swipe against no one, just a general statement?

Be consistant now.

It is a swipe against no one in particular, you didn't name anyone, did you?

Timeline

So, JP, if you feel good about such comments, directed at no one, everyone should, right?

And we should all feel free to express our marriage preferences in terms such as as "gross and abnormal", as long as no names are inserted, directing it as anyone in particular?

Just getting clarification. If this is so, I'm don't understand why you got so upset about my poll. Afterall, I named no one when applying race and religion to the question. You should have been cool with it under your now stated rules.

Edited by szsz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I sincerly hope I have offended you Charles, for that is my ultimate goal.

i'm offended that you offending me is your goal in life :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

One time when I was little we were on a long car ride -- my parents, 2 brothers, 1 sister and me all in a station wagon.

We 4 kids were in the very back. I was sound asleep, but apparently my brothers were squabbling. My dad pulled the car over and whupped every one of us.

I like your dad :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Be consistant now.

The only thing I take as an insult is what is intended to be. Do I care? No Does it affect me? No Will I stop talking to you? No You can feel whatever you want about anything you want and I really don't care. Unless you are directing your comment to a specific person. "Jane I think you are gross because of this" then no I don't take offense to it. No matter what comment you make someone is gonna fit into that shoe. I definitly accept alot of what is said here as a general statment when it is made that way.

Now lets say you do feel that Arab men marrying Non-Arab women is gross, well thats your right to feel that way. I'm not gonna hang you because you feel that way. Maybe someone in that category may decide to communicate with you, also their choice. However I don't see why someone in that category would have to change your mind and make you accept Arab men marrying Non-Arab women. What is the point?

Sarah may see your age difference as gross and abnormal maybe you see it another way. Maybe you think she is too young to be married, maybe she thinks its ok. The bottom line, all that matters in your relationship is what you think.

So, JP, if you feel good about such comments, directed at no one, everyone should, right?

And we should all feel free to express our marriage preferences in terms such as as "gross and abnormal", as long as no names are inserted, directing it as anyone in particular?

Just getting clarification. If this is so, I'm don't understand why you got so upset about my poll. Afterall, I named no one when applying race and religion to the question. You should have been cool with it under your now stated rules.

I replied to you post but I did need more than the 5 minutes you allowed me. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

And we should all feel free to express our preferences in terms such as as "gross and abnormal", as long as no names are inserted, directing it as anyone in particular?

I personally just thought your poll was a lame tantrum. I don't remember reading anywhere in that thread that anyone was offended. In fact, several people stated over and over they thought a) saying gross and abnormal does not in itself consitute any "ism" and #2 that you can be insulted by whatever hurts your feelings.

Edited by peezey

Be consistant now.

I personally would not care much if you or anyone else said that. I get to live happily with my Arab man regardless of anyone's opinion :yes:

JP, don't bring that up again! Then Doodle is going to come back and say that peezey and I are the same person and I'm going to get upset again.

Sarah, is that you? Or is it me? Don't call me dense, missy!!!

You should feel complimented, btw, that you are so creative and take the time to log in and out to make arguments in your own favor.

OH cmon now we all know that

Sarahandhicham, peezey, and charlesandnessa are the same person thanks to Detective Doodlebug! :thumbs:

inspector.jpg

That was so 8 pages ago :P:lol:

Timeline

Be consistant now.

The only thing I take as an insult is what is intended to be. Do I care? No Does it affect me? No Will I stop talking to you? No You can feel whatever you want about anything you want and I really don't care. Unless you are directing your comment to a specific person. "Jane I think you are gross because of this" then no I don't take offense to it. No matter what comment you make someone is gonna fit into that shoe. I definitly accept alot of what is said here as a general statment when it is made that way.

Now lets say you do feel that Arab men marrying Non-Arab women is gross, well thats your right to feel that way. I'm not gonna hang you because you feel that way. Maybe someone in that category may decide to communicate with you, also their choice. However I don't see why someone in that category would have to change your mind and make you accept Arab men marrying Non-Arab women. What is the point?

Sarah may see your age difference as gross and abnormal maybe you see it another way. Maybe you think she is too young to be married, maybe she thinks its ok. The bottom line, all that matters in your relationship is what you think.

I replied to you post but I did need more than the 5 minutes you allowed me. :lol:

So, what I am getting from you is that such terms are fine when referring to other people's relationships, as long as no names are used.

No one should be offended by this.

If they are ofended, they should keep quiet about it or risk being accused of forcing their view on others.

Am I off or right on target about the posting rules according to JP?

PS, I called no one by name in my poll. So why all the hostility if one is allowed to express their views as long as no names are involved?

Edited by szsz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.