Bosco

MENA BICKERING

342 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I think you know how I meant it. There needs to be special restraint in this forum to calm nerves. I honestly can not weed out people clearly from the mob arguments anymore. If it continues I will likely suspend a group of people in the argument (fair or unfair). Once they come back if it happens again I will suspend the next group (if I can not weed a single person out). This will continue until things cool down. It will be a subjective decision so please do not let it get to this point.

One time when I was little we were on a long car ride -- my parents, 2 brothers, 1 sister and me all in a station wagon.

We 4 kids were in the very back. I was sound asleep, but apparently my brothers were squabbling. My dad pulled the car over and whupped every one of us.

Did it work?

Well if "worked" means he got his frustrations out, then yes.

But if you mean "worked" as in did it keep my brothers from ever squabbling again, then no.

Also, it actually made the noise level go up in the car for quite some time, as we were all crying.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

But can you honestly say that pointing out others' difficulties with comprehension is not a dig?

You are making a mountain out of a molehill, Jenn. I just wish people would READ CAREFULLY what is being said before they fly off the handle. If we are to have any civil and productive discussions, it has got to begin there. It's not fair to ask others to ignore the incivility of those who don't do their duty to keep the peace.

For example, I have been trying to ignore JP for a good deal of the day, but she insists on following me around, insulting me, all the while saying that no one should care what is said about them. If no one should care, why bother to hurl insults?

Hahahahah and you constantly mentioning my name is your way of ignoring me? I love the way you try to act like an angel but believe everyone here can see through that!

Following you? Insulting you? Thats rich!

See what I mean, Captain? If you have an opinion about something, you will pay a price.

Timeline

But can you honestly say that pointing out others' difficulties with comprehension is not a dig?

You are making a mountain out of a molehill, Jenn. I just wish people would READ CAREFULLY what is being said before they fly off the handle. If we are to have any civil and productive discussions, it has got to begin there. It's not fair to ask others to ignore the incivility of those who don't do their duty to keep the peace.

I don't know why you think I've flown off the handle. I don't think I have any problems with reading comprehension, so I couldn't care less, really. I just thought it was hypocritical given everything I've read today.

You didn't answer my question. I know if I said something like that, it would be as a dig. Also, if I used the word "gross" to describe the way I felt about age gap relationships, that would be a dig too. I guess you don't see it that way.

I stated it as a possible and valid explanation of why we have so many fights, Jenn. You took it as a dig and an insult to the disabled. This is another reason why we have a problem here. No one can say anything without it being picked to death. Why dont you take what I said as a "personal preference" because, from what I am told, that makes everything alright here? Please.

And I did not say YOU'VE flown off the handle.

Edited by szsz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

For example, I have been trying to ignore JP for a good deal of the day, but she insists on following me around, insulting me, all the while saying that no one should care what is said about them. If no one should care, why bother to hurl insults?

Hahahahah and you constantly mentioning my name is your way of ignoring me? I love the way you try to act like an angel but believe everyone here can see through that!

See what I mean, Captain? If you have an opinion about something, you will pay a price.

Or maybe its just diffucult for you to swallow what you constantly do to other members. :yes: My responses to you only mimick in part what you do to others when they don't agree with you. I have been in this forum through thick and thin. You only show up to pay insults and start arguments.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't know why you think I've flown off the handle. I don't think I have any problems with reading comprehension, so I couldn't care less, really. I just thought it was hypocritical given everything I've read today.

You didn't answer my question. I know if I said something like that, it would be as a dig. Also, if I used the word "gross" to describe the way I felt about age gap relationships, that would be a dig too. I guess you don't see it that way.

I stated it as a possible and valid explanation of why we have so many fights, Jenn. You took it as a dig and an insult to the disabled. This is another reason why we have a problem here. No one can say anything without it being picked to death. Why dont you take what I said as a "personal preference" because, from what I am told, that makes everything alright here? Please.

Just like expressing my preferences led you to believe I hate old people.

Timeline
It's always the same 2 individuals involved in this type nonsense. No one ever said they had anything against differing views, but the delivery, the goading, the mockery, etc. is what people are tired of. I think that's an understandable concept.

There are far more than two.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry, but I don't see how what I said is any different than your whole interfaith differences poll. I think you need to apply your logic everywhere, not just selectively according to what just happens to push *your* buttons.

Timeline

Or maybe its just diffucult for you to swallow what you constantly do to other members. :yes: My responses to you only mimick in part what you do to others when they don't agree with you. I have been in this forum through thick and thin. You only show up to pay insults and start arguments.

Are you not doing what you accuse me of? Why is it ok for you to dig at me if digging at people is what you dislike? Is it ok when you do it? If so, why?

sarah,

hicham is a famous acrobat! he can stand on his hair!

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline

I'm sorry, but I don't see how what I said is any different than your whole interfaith differences poll. I think you need to apply your logic everywhere, not just selectively according to what just happens to push *your* buttons.

What you believe you see in me is not limited to me alone. It is amazing how easily others mimic what they accuse others of doing. My poll was not an exercise in logic, and I stated that there. It was an attempt to discover why some people here are considered to be fair targets while others are off limits.

Edited by szsz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Are you not doing what you accuse me of? Why is it ok for you to dig at me if digging at people is what you dislike? Is it ok when you do it? If so, why?

I am doing it to show you whats good for the goose is good for the gander. There is always something behind my madness. If you don't like the feeling of it, then why do you keep doing it to others? Not everyone has to see things your way. Not everyone has to agree with you. People keep telling you they disagree with you and its simply not enough for you. At any cost you will keep going to prove a point that someone may not agree with or simply may not want to accept. I don't personally care who digs at me, bcz I'm not an angel. I can take what I dish out. You on the other hand keep passing out insult after insult while calling on Ewok to help you out!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
What you believe you see in me is not limited to me alone.

I never said it was.

It is amazing how easily others mimic what they accuse others of doing.

Yes it is, isn't it?

My poll was not an exercise in logic, and I stated that there. It was an attempt to discover why some people here are considered to be fair targets while others are off limits.

Have you asked yourself the same question?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.