Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2012

1,098 posts in this topic

Grats to everyone on their respective case completes and interview dates. I finally got mine :dance: Interview Jan 10th @ 1pm!!!! WHOOOP WHOOOOP. Uhm now I seem to be having a brain fart though, what the heck am I supposed to be doing now besides the medical?? :wacko:

Congrats to you too Mrs Sterling!

Like you, I seem to have lost it and don't know where to "start". Hahaha! Even distracted at work right now! wacko.gif

It's time to review again good.gif

CR-1 VISA

USCIS

06/20/2012 - I-130 mailed

06/27/2012 - NOA1 (SMS)
08/28/2012 - I-130 Approved (2 months after NOA1; No RFE)
09/01/2012 - NOA2 (Mail)

NVC
09/18/2012 - NVC Case number, I-864 invoice and DS-3032 received via e-mail (3 weeks after I-130 Approval)
09/18/2012 - I-864 fee paid; DS-3032 e-mailed(used DS-3032 e-mail template)
10/02/2012 - DS-3032 acknowledged(2 weeks after e-mailing DS-3032)
10/03/2012 - IV invoice received via e-mail
10/04/2012 - IV fee paid
10/22/2012 - I-864EZ packet delivered
11/05/2012 - I-864EZ accepted (No RFE)
11/09/2012 - IV packet delivered
11/27/2012 - Confirmed case complete via phone call; received NVC instruction letter with interview date via e-mail

US EMBASSY - MANILA
12/18 & 26/2012 - Medical
01/04/2013 - Interview @ 6:15 AM (APPROVED @ around 10:10 AM)
01/10/2013 - Passport and IV packet delivered (in 4 business days)

04/30/2013 - POE: SEATTLE, WA

05/14/2013 - SSN received

05/21/2013 - GC received

10/07/2013 - 1st Day @ 1st Job

ROC

02/21/2015 - I-751 mailed via USPS

02/27/2015 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Receipt date: 02/23/2015)

05/14/2015 - Biometrics appointment (Original 3/24)

08/28/2015 - GC ordered

Naturalization

05/16/2016 - N-400 mailed via USPS

05/23/2016 - Received NOA

06/15/2016 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

We got case complete on Monday and our interview date was emailed to us yesterday. Wow! Did not expect that so quick. The interview is scheduled for January 14th. There is another VJer from Norway who got their case complete a week and a half before ours and has the same interview date. Seems like they were waiting to schedule interviews until they had enough people. Is that something they would do?

Congrats to you too Mrs Sterling!

Like you, I seem to have lost it and don't know where to "start". Hahaha! Even distracted at work right now! wacko.gif

It's time to review again good.gif

Thank you :) Ditto havent done any work today yet :blush:

guyne8c.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope, those aren't my screenshots. Although, after I had completed the DS-260, I slapped myself on the forehead as I had wanted to take my own screenshots headbonk.gif

There should be a download button somewhere for those screenshots on that site if you want to save it to your computer.

Wants me to pay -_-

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Uh, you got an email from NVC about this? Are you sure? blink.gifNVC doesn't send out the case for IR-1/CR-1s until after an interview date is assigned... And the interview letter will be emailed by NVC. You then print out that letter to bring to the interview.

Here is a copy/paste of the exact:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________

The NVC has received the information you submitted and placed it in your case file. You will be

contacted when your petition is sent to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for further processing.

[C1M 11/27/2012] MOSXXXXXXXXXX

I'd guess this means they are sending this in the file? Dunno why they mention this. It's not been a question or an issue at all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Got my Choice of Agent accepted this morning, my wife received an email of acceptance (I read somewhere that NVC doesn't send these types of emails, interesting that my wife got one).

After 7 days at NVC the only thing left is to get the IV invoice, pay the fee and send in the packet (packet is complete and awaiting coversheet :) ). Super happy that my NVC journey is moving at such a fast pace.

Edited by srey

Grats to everyone on their respective case completes and interview dates. I finally got mine :dance: Interview Jan 10th @ 1pm!!!! WHOOOP WHOOOOP. Uhm now I seem to be having a brain fart though, what the heck am I supposed to be doing now besides the medical?? :wacko:

Yay, grats! :dance:

Two things to do: get medical done and get all documentation ready for the interview (like evidence). And if applicable, sign up for a courier service to receive your visa back. This varies by country, so you need to do your own research on this.

We got case complete on Monday and our interview date was emailed to us yesterday. Wow! Did not expect that so quick. The interview is scheduled for January 14th. There is another VJer from Norway who got their case complete a week and a half before ours and has the same interview date. Seems like they were waiting to schedule interviews until they had enough people. Is that something they would do?

Wow, grats! Another fast interview date after CC! :dance:

And it's just coincidence. They were probably scheduling interviews yesterday for your country and there must not have been a lot of people who got CCs the past ~2 weeks.

Wants me to pay -_-

Really? :bonk: I'm going to check later and see if I can get back into my DS-260 to get my own screenshots. If I can, I'll post them (and not charge :P).

Here is a copy/paste of the exact:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________

The NVC has received the information you submitted and placed it in your case file. You will be

contacted when your petition is sent to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for further processing.

[C1M 11/27/2012] MOSXXXXXXXXXX

I'd guess this means they are sending this in the file? Dunno why they mention this. It's not been a question or an issue at all.

Um, that email is for a CHECKLIST. It has nothing to do with sending your case anywhere. It's a false checklist, a great indicator that your AOS was reviewed and accepted. You need to call NVC to confirm.

Got my Choice of Agent accepted this morning, my wife received an email of acceptance (I read somewhere that NVC doesn't send these types of emails, interesting that my wife got one).

After 7 days at NVC the only thing left is to get the IV invoice, pay the fee and send in the packet (packet is complete and awaiting coversheet :) ). Super happy that my NVC journey is moving at such a fast pace.

Not sure where you read it, but it'd be UNCOMMON if you did NOT receive a DS-3032 email reply.

But grats, though, you're nearly there! Keep an eye on the payment portal as the IV bill will be invoiced soon!

Aha! KDubovik, I can still get into my DS-260! So, I'm going to take my own screen shots of the DS-260 later this weekend when I have free time. I won't be able to get screen shots of all possible answers as I can't edit the form (my answers are still all there), but I'm guessing you'll be answering the same as me in relation to most questions, so it should be okay. Once I upload it, you can then print it out and fill it out as a practice run. Then, when it's time for you to fill out the DS-260, you'll already have all the answers!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Aha! KDubovik, I can still get into my DS-260! So, I'm going to take my own screen shots of the DS-260 later this weekend when I have free time. I won't be able to get screen shots of all possible answers as I can't edit the form (my answers are still all there), but I'm guessing you'll be answering the same as me in relation to most questions, so it should be okay. Once I upload it, you can then print it out and fill it out as a practice run. Then, when it's time for you to fill out the DS-260, you'll already have all the answers!

Oh you are awesome!

oldlady.gif

Hi Saylin,

Just stopping in to say hi and announce our interview was approved on Halloween and husband is coming home this weekend! Congrats to everyone with cases closed and upcoming interviews!!!

Dana

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Saylin,

Just stopping in to say hi and announce our interview was approved on Halloween and husband is coming home this weekend! Congrats to everyone with cases closed and upcoming interviews!!!

Dana

Wow!! That is TOTALLY wonderful :dance: Please tell us how the Interview went. What were the questions asked and any issues for others that will be immigrating from Nigeria later? Without your experience it is a big worry. Now you can finally begin on all those plans together. :D

Um, that email is for a CHECKLIST. It has nothing to do with sending your case anywhere. It's a false checklist, a great indicator that your AOS was reviewed and accepted. You need to call NVC to confirm.

Ok.. I'll give them a call and ask for Status of the case. Thank you Saylin. :yes:

Hi Saylin,

Dana

Yay, congrats! :dance: :dance: and eeee, this weekend! I bet you're super excited!!

Yay, congrats! :dance: :dance: and eeee, this weekend! I bet you're super excited!!

Yep...like Santa is sliding down the chimney already! LOL I'm still here and keeping up with everyone, I have quite a few friends still going through and I want to see them through! Deb in particular...if that darned Nigerian mail will ever get to her. :blink:

Wow!! That is TOTALLY wonderful :dance: Please tell us how the Interview went. What were the questions asked and any issues for others that will be immigrating from Nigeria later? Without your experience it is a big worry. Now you can finally begin on all those plans together. :D

I posted a very BIG review! :rofl: What a day to remember! http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10880

Filed: IR-2 Country: South Africa
Timeline

Is the interview at the embassy in CPT or JHB?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.