Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2012

1,098 posts in this topic

hi again! congrats to all those who got to pay their IV fees!

I am a little confused with the aos form coz ive encountered this link where it shows that there are different i-864 forms. Do we have to really fill out that form according to our category or just the i-864 in general is good?

And do we need to staple everything all together? Btw im using the legal size paper is that right? Last one if we're sending it via fedex or dhl, do we still need to put everything in a brown envelope and write the address of nvc on the envelope itself? thanks and God bless :)

You can fill out the I-864 or I-864EZ (if you qualify).

I would suggest paper clips over staples. Paper clips are much easier to take off paperwork than staples. Yup, legal size. And I'd suggest putting the paperwork into something like a manila envelope (with NVC's address on it), then that inside a courier envelope, with the address obviously on that too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello guys .. I have two questions , 1st one is : when filing DS-230 do i need to send my divorce decree if i was the petitioner ? The wife never been married before .

2nd question is about chances to get my case accepted for Expedite , my wife lives in Egypt and just recently alot of riots And violence started all over the country , Protesters are attacking the police and government buildings just because they disagree with the president

Its just not the very Safe right now . What you guys think .. I know my chances are Probably very slim but Not going to hurt to ask . Help appreciated thank you all .

Hello guys .. I have two questions , 1st one is : when filing DS-230 do i need to send my divorce decree if i was the petitioner ? The wife never been married before .

2nd question is about chances to get my case accepted for Expedite , my wife lives in Egypt and just recently alot of riots And violence started all over the country , Protesters are attacking the police and government buildings just because they disagree with the president

Its just not the very Safe right now . What you guys think .. I know my chances are Probably very slim but Not going to hurt to ask . Help appreciated thank you all .

1. Only divorce certificates from the beneficiary are needed in the IV package in cases of spousal visas.

2. Never hurts to try! Send the expedite request. Worst that can happen is they deny it. But, on the flip side, they can accept it :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I can't read posts like her first 2 because of my dyslexia.

When there's too much text in one place, I can't process it.

And I don't know what a googleplexspace is.

kdubovik - those long posts can be super overwhelming....what helped me was to copy and past into a word doc and mess with the font, size, etc and then just print it and read it calmly.

Also, learn to use ctrl+f ...when you have a specific quetsion, for example about ds-3032, just hit ctrl+f and enter your search terms and it will highlight all your results.(i know that is the command for chrome, and word also has search function, idk about IE or firefox).

hope that helps!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello guys .. I have two questions , 1st one is :

1. when filing DS-230 do i need to send my divorce decree if i was the petitioner ? The wife never been married before .

2. is about chances to get my case accepted for Expedite , my wife lives in Egypt and just recently alot of riots And violence started all over the country , Protesters are attacking the police and government buildings just because they disagree with the president

1. DS-230 is not about the petitioner, it's the foreign spouse's VISA application, so use HER voice when filling it out. Make certain she has a certified copy of YOUR divorce decree in her hands on interview day.

2. Doesn't hurt to try - call into NVC on Monday, ask about an expedite, ask to speak to a supervisor as well about an expedite. The trick with an expedite at NVC? You have to do exactly what they tell you to do to submit the expedite request, as each submittal is different.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yea i know its about the Beneficiary i was not sure if i should send mine or not because as you said they will need to see my divorce decree atthe interview .. I will see my wife in a month and i am planning to leave her my original divorce papers , but you cleared that out thank you .

For the expedite does it take long time to get approved i mean i already sent my AOS and will be sendig my IV pkg tomorrow or the day after .. So is it worth it ? Do they requier alot of more paper work to do ? And last thing i want to ask about it if they approve it does it also expedite interview date as well or does it only apply to NVC step ? It will Definitely worth a Try if we can get an early interview date . Thank you Darnell , Saylin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

hi saylin! I'm not sure if I qualify for the I-864z coz its almost the same as I-864. What if I'm qualified but then I used the I-864 will it be a problem? and I read too that after filling out you have to scan it and send it via email. Is that necessary?

And I have inquiries regarding the evidences too coz I'm preparing for it. Do I need to send evidences such as conversation logs and money transfer receipt etc together with IV packet? And if yes, do I need to send originals (money transfers) or photocopy will suffice? And I know we need to create a cover letter for aos, is it the same with IV packet? thank you very much! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm just wondering. It seems pretty obvious, but just in case.

On the i-864ez, it says on number #16.

a. Yourself and the person you are sponsoring on this form - 2 (which is myself and my spouse)

And for b. I left 0 as it says at the top Do not count anyone twice

This is correct, right?

oldlady.gif

hi saylin! I'm not sure if I qualify for the I-864z coz its almost the same as I-864. What if I'm qualified but then I used the I-864 will it be a problem? and I read too that after filling out you have to scan it and send it via email. Is that necessary?

And I have inquiries regarding the evidences too coz I'm preparing for it. Do I need to send evidences such as conversation logs and money transfer receipt etc together with IV packet? And if yes, do I need to send originals (money transfers) or photocopy will suffice? And I know we need to create a cover letter for aos, is it the same with IV packet? thank you very much! :)

Just because you may qualify for the I-864EZ, does NOT mean you need to use that form. You can still use the longer I-864 form if you wish.

You can only send the packages by email if you're part of the EP program. The Philippines is NOT one of those eligible countries. The link to those that are are on the first post.

Proof of relationship isn't required for the IV package, although some people do send it, especially those in tougher countries. I don't think it's really needed for the Philippines. It's more for Nigeria, China, etc.

Cover letters are optional (but recommended).

I'm just wondering. It seems pretty obvious, but just in case.

On the i-864ez, it says on number #16.

a. Yourself and the person you are sponsoring on this form - 2 (which is myself and my spouse)

And for b. I left 0 as it says at the top Do not count anyone twice

This is correct, right?

That's correct. Remember, not all those filling out the I-864 forms are for spousal visas.

Right, just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Always good to double check things good.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Got the IV fee taken out of my bank account today, sent my IV package this morning. Will get to NVC tomorrow mid-day. :)

Will I get an email notice when the AOS is accepted? It should have arrived Fri. mid-day so I really hope they get to it soon.

Edited by Cesar & Cata

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Got the IV fee taken out of my bank account today, sent my IV package this morning. Will get to NVC tomorrow mid-day. :)

Will I get an email notice when the AOS is accepted? It should have arrived Fri. mid-day so I really hope they get to it soon.

Nope. You need to call to find out if the AOS has been reviewed and accepted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.