Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2012

1,098 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I have a question about the IV package!! I already have the literal and original birth and marriage certificate!! Should I sent the copies too??

yes dear send photocopy of all your originals

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all,

Am at the NVC stage and have a question, my husband is the petitioner, he is filing for myself and 2 kids + 1 daughter (not mine). We were approved at USCIS and about to do the affidavit of support, his daughter's file is still at uscis, should he do a affidavit for all of us incl. the daughter still at uscis OR just for us that have been approved so far, then another one for the daughter later when she is approved? Thanks so much for your help..

Okay, there is something I don't understand. When you go to the medical, they do a tuberculosis test etc. But if they do the skin test, how will they see the results? Does that mean everyone has to go to the medical twice?

I am really freaked out about my medical tomorrow. It's really expensive and far to travel there and if I have to go twice that would just be ridiculous. That and the fact that they force me to take a flu shot. It's just not right that a government can force me to get vaccinations no one needs and risk my health.

They don't do the tuberculosis skin test anymore. So stop worrying :)

So I was reading your comments and now I'm worried I sent out the ds230 with all original copies and no extra copies what should I do now?

You'll be fine. I suggest bringing photocopies of your civil documents to the interview, so you can hand those over and get your originals back.

I have a question about the IV package!! I already have the literal and original birth and marriage certificate!! Should I sent the copies too??

Yes!

Hi all,

Am at the NVC stage and have a question, my husband is the petitioner, he is filing for myself and 2 kids + 1 daughter (not mine). We were approved at USCIS and about to do the affidavit of support, his daughter's file is still at uscis, should he do a affidavit for all of us incl. the daughter still at uscis OR just for us that have been approved so far, then another one for the daughter later when she is approved? Thanks so much for your help..

I would suggest waiting to proceed with all your cases until the daughter has been approved. Then all the cases can be joined up together, and only need one affidavit and one fee for the AOS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

What do they do? I know I will be forced to get the flu shot but they said they have some there so I can get it done tomorrow. But what about the blood and urine results. Don't they take a few days to process?

They don't do the tuberculosis skin test anymore. So stop worrying :)

You'll be fine. I suggest bringing photocopies of your civil documents to the interview, so you can hand those over and get your originals back.

Yes!

I would suggest waiting to proceed with all your cases until the daughter has been approved. Then all the cases can be joined up together, and only need one affidavit and one fee for the AOS.

What do they do? I know I will be forced to get the flu shot but they said they have some there so I can get it done tomorrow. But what about the blood and urine results. Don't they take a few days to process?

No urine tests either. The medical goes as follows (may not be the same order everywhere):

-fill out a form asking for basic information (name, birth date, questions about previous hospitalizations, drug use, etc etc).

-short physical with a doctor who may go over some questions on the filled out form

-X-ray of chest

-simple eye test (I completely failed this with my weak glasses laughing.gif)

-blood test for syphilis

-any vaccines needed (like the flu shot which I was forced to get even though it was after flu season according to everywhere I read headbonk.gif )

That's it. No urine tests. No skin tests.

You should read the FAQ from NVC's site on medicals here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3745.html

Timeline

Thank you!

Do they want to know the history (hospitalizations etc.) of only the past 5 years or so or of my entire life? Not sure I remember every illness or hospital stay I might have ever had as a kid or so.

No urine tests either. The medical goes as follows (may not be the same order everywhere):

-fill out a form asking for basic information (name, birth date, questions about previous hospitalizations, drug use, etc etc).

-short physical with a doctor who may go over some questions on the filled out form

-X-ray of chest

-simple eye test (I completely failed this with my weak glasses laughing.gif)

-blood test for syphilis

-any vaccines needed (like the flu shot which I was forced to get even though it was after flu season according to everywhere I read headbonk.gif )

That's it. No urine tests. No skin tests.

You should read the FAQ from NVC's site on medicals here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3745.html

Thank you!

Do they want to know the history (hospitalizations etc.) of only the past 5 years or so or of my entire life? Not sure I remember every illness or hospital stay I might have ever had as a kid or so.

For me, hospital stays was easy: I've had none. So I don't remember how far back they wanted to go. Is there any way you can find out when (and for how long) you were previously hospitalized? Even rough estimates would be good.

Timeline

No, there is no way to find these things out in Germany. I know I had one overnight stay because they wanted to watch me after a car accident. And I had my tonsils removed.

For me, hospital stays was easy: I've had none. So I don't remember how far back they wanted to go. Is there any way you can find out when (and for how long) you were previously hospitalized? Even rough estimates would be good.

No, there is no way to find these things out in Germany. I know I had one overnight stay because they wanted to watch me after a car accident. And I had my tonsils removed.

Just because you can't find out through government sources, doesn't mean there's not other ways to find out. Depending when they occurred, did you have a social media status about it, a blog entry, a diary entry, a forum post somewhere, etc? This is how I figured out a lot of dates for forms: I looked back at my digital content that I created. Not sure if Germany's the same, but here in North America, after being hospitalized, you get a little band to wear on your wrist. If Germany's the same, any chance you kept them to refer to? Or would your parents/friends know?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.