Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2012

1,098 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Only in my wildest dreams could i imagine getting expedited because my sister's wedding is in July which could be when we have an interview so very awkward all of that will be. But I'll just dream that it happens rather than actually ask someone to make it that way :lol:

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, we should be happy for each other but with the three different centers, the process is extremely unfair. Vermont takes about 6 months just to process the i-130 while California takes less than 2 right now in most cases. It hardly seems fair that some people should wait a year to see their husband/wife again while others only wait 3-4 months and bog up the system with ridiculous expedite requests etc.

I really want to be with my husband too but I called the NVC only once a day, wrote only 2 emails in the entire 2 months and tried to be considerate of others who also want attention from the authorities. Recommendations on here like calling the NVC ten times in one day or sending an email every day, as I have seen to me are nothing short of being completely disrespectful of everyone else. Believe me, I am happy for anyone who gets to be with their loved ones. But just as I should share in the joy, other people should think of those who have been waiting much longer and should not put more strain/work on the system with constant emails, expedite requests, phone calls etc. The NVC and the embassies are extremely busy and any email or expedite request sent by someone who has only been waiting 3 months total takes time away from those cases that have been in the system for a year.

I don´t think there is anything wrong with wanting to expedite an interview regardless of how long you have been in the process (albeit naive depending on the situation).....no one "deserves" to be with their loved one or to move back home more than anybody else.....

some people have had extremely unfortunate circumstances and that is really heart-wrenching. However, we all should understand eachother since we all have the same ultimate goal. Chris and Laura´s chance at getting expedited is a long-shot...but if they get it I will be happy for them as we all should be happy for each other.

Timeline

Yes, we should be happy for each other but with the three different centers, the process is extremely unfair. Vermont takes about 6 months just to process the i-130 while California takes less than 2 right now in most cases. It hardly seems fair that some people should wait a year to see their husband/wife again while others only wait 3-4 months and bog up the system with ridiculous expedite requests etc.

I really want to be with my husband too but I called the NVC only once a day, wrote only 2 emails in the entire 2 months and tried to be considerate of others who also want attention from the authorities. Recommendations on here like calling the NVC ten times in one day or sending an email every day, as I have seen to me are nothing short of being completely disrespectful of everyone else. Believe me, I am happy for anyone who gets to be with their loved ones. But just as I should share in the joy, other people should think of those who have been waiting much longer and should not put more strain/work on the system with constant emails, expedite requests, phone calls etc. The NVC and the embassies are extremely busy and any email or expedite request sent by someone who has only been waiting 3 months total takes time away from those cases that have been in the system for a year.

:thumbs:

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
:) thank you!! Well I hope we can make it!! But if we can't expedite it!! I guess 2 more months are nothing!! I guess having an interview date that will be the best thing in our lives no matter if the interview will be in feb 2013 or march :) time will fly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

for sure the system is totally unfair, I couldn´t agree more....it´s pretty much a life-changing crapshoot. For this very same reason, I think it is a good idea to keep tabs and take any shortcuts that are made available. I found out about the auto-expediting queue for those of us abroad and leaped at the chance for that, sent in my ds-3032 electronically before we were notified to send it in, etc.

While i do think calling 10 times a day is a bit much (in fact in the 10 weeks I was at NVC i only called 3 times total, and the only mail we sent was the 3032) i reaffirm what I said earlier....if you don´t ask the answer is always no. so much is riding on what each operator, CO, or other authority figure feels like that day, that it´s never a bad idea to check on things.

now having my interview date, i sent in an email asking if there were any dates made available before hand. the response was as i expected...no we don´t but if we do we will notify you. I have no guilt issues about having only recently filed my i-130 in July and potentially skipped over someone else in the interview line. for me it´s like walking into a store and they don´t have the product you want. i always go to the stocker and ask if they have anymore in storage, just in case.

Edited by jessicaruizw

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Only in my wildest dreams could i imagine getting expedited because my sister's wedding is in July which could be when we have an interview so very awkward all of that will be. But I'll just dream that it happens rather than actually ask someone to make it that way :lol:

sorry I don´t know how to do mulitiple quotes in one reply it never works on my pc....anyway, the problem is our dreams are in the hands of others which often means we have to be proactive. recently there was a couple from morocco that was denied for misrep http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/398250-my-hhusband-finally-got-his-visa-and-will-be-coming-soon/ ...basically it was all bull and because they kept insisting, their case was finally reconsidered and approved.

anyway - :ot2:

Timeline

sorry I don´t know how to do mulitiple quotes in one reply it never works on my pc....anyway, the problem is our dreams are in the hands of others which often means we have to be proactive. recently there was a couple from morocco that was denied for misrep http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/398250-my-hhusband-finally-got-his-visa-and-will-be-coming-soon/ ...basically it was all bull and because they kept insisting, their case was finally reconsidered and approved.

anyway - :ot2:

I've waited 2 years to even have the opportunity to file my paperwork.

The fact that we are finally able just feels fantastic to me.

But I know over the next 4 5 6 7 months i'm going to go crazy :wacko:

oldlady.gif

Timeline

The thing is!! We want to be together no matter what!! If I have to do everything I can to be with my love. OF COURSE I WILL DO EVERYTHING!! No matter what I will try all ways.. If you never try you will never know!! I'm not going to sit and just wait to see what happens!! If I have the opportunity I will!! No matter what..

Not to be mean, I know we all want to be done as fast as possible, but when people who filed their i-130 in August talk about expediting interviews, it just makes me cringe. Your case is already going much faster than most other people's.

Me too :/ I feel so bad for people who can't handle it only two months into the process. I'm so far from the beginning but so far from the end. I know we're all impatient and I know some get lucky quicker than others, but people like me have serious issues and need expedites. I've been working a full time job for 17 months now, took only 1 month off for maternity leave, am raising a 13 month old BY MYSELF and the stress of all of that coupled with my husband missing every monument in her life is exacerbating my bipolar/borderline disorder, which I've been diagnosed with for 8 years now. Sometimes I am so down about my situation and being without my husband for 17 months and always encountering a road block that I honestly, genuinely consider killing myself. I even have a plan. Thankfully, I haven't yet.

My point is, I know people are impatient. I know we all want to be with our loved ones. But an expedite is no joke and it's not a "just cause." It's for people who have SERIOUS problems or life-threatening issues at hand. Who knows, maybe Chris and Laura has a serious problem -- by all means, expedite. But if you just "miss that person and omg it's been 3 months and I can't take it..." .... I'm sorry but that's just not a reason. It's just not.

Sorry if you guys disagree, but it needs to be said.

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

My husband has a heart disease!! We are blessed because our I-130 was approved in one month and 3 weeks without an expedite, but I think it is about luck! I know a girl she is an US citizen her husband is from Guatemala!! They filed in jun and their case is at California service center!! She was pregnant and she almost almost died giving birth, she Was in critical condition for four weeks and her family decided to call to USCIS and ask for an expedite they even contacted their Senator.. But they are still waiting for their I-130 to be approved after almos 6 months at CSC! I guess they don't expedite to everyone who is asking!! so I don't think that it's a problem to the other people who is waiting!! Every case is different so if someone has like 9 months waiting I guess it has to be for a reason!!

If your husband is the USC and has heart disease then go for it.

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did call and my husband spoke to the supervisor whom said that she could not tell him what was wrong with the birth certificate that she did not have access to those records. However, my husband just received an email that his certified original birth certificate was not the original. We sent both the original and a copy, like instructions. How do you argue the case for this? Are we going to have to get another certified copy?

I think we are going to try to email a supervisor. Do we just write "attention supervisor" in the subject field?

Yup, just start the subject line with ATTN: Supervisor Sue, then put your case number right after that.

Timeline

Yeah! He was a football player and one day he just fall down in the middle of the game!! After that the doctor found his heart disease!!! By the way we are still at NVC waiting to hear that our AOS has Ben accepted :)

No worries. I figured it out

What did you put there (what number)?

Are you petitioning for your spouse only? (may be you have a kid, that you also petitioning like me?)

I am asking it because of the i-864 form. I guess there is a reason why you choose I-864EZ to file in your case?

please, explain.

02/09/2010 - Married
05/02/2012 - I-130 sent for my wife and kids
05/09/2012 - NOA1 hard copy received
10/18/2012 - Became a USC and called USCIS to upgrade cases to IR-1/CR-1
10/22/2012 - Got the notice of case upgrade to IR-1
01/29/2013 - NOA2 email

NVC:
02/04/2013: NVC Received
02/22/2013: BOG number/IIN
02/22/2013: Choice of Agent email sent
02/26/2013: AOS bill invoiced
02/26/2013: AOS bill paid
03/06/2013: AOS bill shows PAID
03/07/2013: Choice of Agent email accepted
03/07/2013: IV bill invoiced
03/13/2013: IV bill paid
03/23/2013: IV bill shows PAID
04/01/2013: AOS package sent
04/01/2013: IV package sent
04/17/2013: RFE for AOS package, requested form I-864W
04/18/2013: Sent RFE back to NVC
05/02/2013: Case complete
05/13/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy/Consulate:
05/21/2012: Embassy received
06/05/2013: Medical
06/26/2013: Interview
06/27/2013: Visa in hand
07/03/2013: POE WAS, VA

08/07/2013: Permanent residence card arrived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

come on I need a case complete! :blush:

I have quick question. Once case complete interview is assigned by country based on priority date right?? or is it just random by country?

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.