Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2012

1,098 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yes, email the IV unit after you have an interview date, asking for an earlier interview date.

They may not grant it, but you won't know till you make the attempt.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

just got off phone with NVC and finally some good news. they reviewed my AOS and its OK :dance:

well the lady said its ok with NVC but consulate has final say....anyways waiting for my DS230 review now... I pray its soon.....

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Sent an email requesting alternate dates but no reply as of yet. Regardless, the little lady got the week off so flights are booked for Sunday, interview Wednesday !!! Amazing, even managed to book using Aeroplan miles! Going to stay until Friday and check out the city. :dance:

Thanks for all the help!

If you're planning on making the interview date, then you should email the consulate back asap and tell them you'll be attending the interview they scheduled already. If you don't do this, then they may change your date, thus making your trip to Montreal kind of pointless.

After getting the interview date! Can someone expedite the interview date??

Yes. Once the interview date has been assigned and the consulate/embassy has received your case, you can contact them (either by email or phone) and request an earlier one. Whether or not it gets approved or denied varies.

just got off phone with NVC and finally some good news. they reviewed my AOS and its OK :dance:

well the lady said its ok with NVC but consulate has final say....anyways waiting for my DS230 review now... I pray its soon.....

Grats! kicking.gifkicking.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I emailed the DS-3032 and 2 days after I got the AOS fee bill!!

you will still be OK. I tell you why. I sent quite a few emails before and after AOS invoiced and guess what a few days ago they were still replying to DS3032 I sent way back before AOS was invoiced :o even though they already accepted another DS3032 email....so I think you are not wasting your time sending it before and after. They are going to reply to ALL your emails even after accepting one of them.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you're planning on making the interview date, then you should email the consulate back asap and tell them you'll be attending the interview they scheduled already. If you don't do this, then they may change your date, thus making your trip to Montreal kind of pointless.

Already done but given I've received no response to either email I hope to heck they didn't change it. With my request for alternate dates I did advise I was currently trying to ascertain my ability to make the 14th so they shouldn't have changed it.

BTW, do all appointment letters come with a time? Mine says 10:00. Do I ignore that and crash the doors at opening? :D

• 04/14/12 - Married
    05/10/12 - Filed I-130 Petition
    05/17/12 - NOA1 Received
    05/22/12 - I797C Received
    08/02/12 - NOA2 Received
    08/30/12 - DS3032(DS261) & I864 bill received, sent, & paid
    09/01/12 - Receive I-864 Package
    09/08/12 - Submit I-864 Package
    09/14/12 - Receive & pay IV Invoice
    09/18/12 - IV Payment Complete & DS-260 Unlocked
    09/20/12 - Submit DS-260
    10/04/12 - Submit DS-260 Supporting Documents
    10/10/12 - Medical
    10/15/12 - Resubmitted I-864 Package
    10/18/12 - Case Complete
    11/01/12 - Case expedited to Montreal
    11/14/02 - Interview
    11/14/02 - APPROVED

Already done but given I've received no response to either email I hope to heck they didn't change it. With my request for alternate dates I did advise I was currently trying to ascertain my ability to make the 14th so they shouldn't have changed it.

BTW, do all appointment letters come with a time? Mine says 10:00. Do I ignore that and crash the doors at opening? :D

Hopefully they catch your second email or realise from what you said you might be able to make it next week.

And yup, if you want to get out of the consulate as fast as possible, show up early. I was there around 6:30am and was first in line :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Haha!! I know I have many questions!! Sorry! But VJ is helping me soooo much!! I'm filling the DS-230 right now because I'm going to send it to my husband tomorrow! So my question is!! I am an student!! I have never work before!! What should I put in the space where ask me about the work information! Because it is in yellow that means I cant put N/A.... Helpppp :/

Edited by chris and laura

Are NVC taking a little longer than usual to review packs? I was sure I'd get case complete by yesterday which would be 2 weeks since they received the DS230 Pack but nothing yet. The AOS Package didnt take this long :unsure:

Edited by Mrs Sterling

guyne8c.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Are NVC taking a little longer than usual to review packs? I was sure I'd get case complete by yesterday which would be 2 weeks since they received the DS230 Pack but nothing yet. The AOS Package didnt take this long :unsure:

I am still waiting, also. I have been calling the NVC about every other day. :blink:

What are the basis for expedite an interview??

It has to be a serious matter, like life or death.

LOL chris and laura god bless you, you've been going through this since 8/12. I've been going through this since 6/11. Wait a little longer and THEN talk to me about "expediting an interview."

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still waiting, also. I have been calling the NVC about every other day. :blink:

Was chatting to another member whos pack was received at NVC 10/24 and he received case complete 11/07 so ours should either be today or Monday I think Karla.n.Bjorn

guyne8c.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Was chatting to another member whos pack was received at NVC 10/24 and he received case complete 11/07 so ours should either be today or Monday I think Karla.n.Bjorn

That would be such great news!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.