Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2012

1,098 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Actually, this one is the email letting her know that the DS-230 is still "missing" so there is indeed a point to it and it's not about documents being added to the file.

Disagree. And Thats Ok.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

How can you disagree, when it clearly states it in the email?

"The National Visa Center is waiting for an Immigrant Visa Application to be submitted for this case.

The Principal Applicant and any other Applicants who will be accompanying him or her to the United

States must now download and complete an Immigrant Visa Application; please visit the following

website for instructions:"

I got the same checklist way back when and was told repeatedly (here and by the NVC that that is the checklist they send out when the AOS is reviewed and the DS-230 has not yet been received. That is why it asks for submission of an Immigrant Visa Application (which is form DS-230).

Disagree. And Thats Ok.

"About address proof". As you all know in I-130, we have to give spouse's address. Do they cross verify what we write in I-130?

Do we need to be consistent?

Yes. You have to be consistent across all forms.

OHHHHHHHH MY GOSHHHHHHH PEOPLE!!!! I GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! EVEN THOUGH I CALLED AN HOUR AGO THE NVC THEY SAID NO THEY WON'T SCHEDULE TILL NXT WEEK. SO I DID AS AMZZ DID CALLED THE DOS AND FOUND OUT ITS ON

NOVEMBER 18th @ 9:00 AM!!! Thank you lord!!!

Grats! kicking.gifkicking.gif

NOv 18th wow that is interesting guess saylin working her magic even when she not here all you have to do is ask lol :lol:

I'm just that good laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Well we are still at NVC!! But I have question I was wondering and reading here! After the interview with in the consulate what's next?? They give you a green card or what??

Once you're approved at your interview, you'll receive your visa in the passport along with a sealed envelope. You then have to do POE where you'll endorse the visa. After a few weeks from POE, you should receive the green card in the mail.

SAYLIN!!! your magic is making rounds, my dear!!! just 5 days after completing our case my husband is scheduled his interview!!! 12/6/12!!!! WOW!!!! what a wonderful wonderful day!!!!! i called DOS and they gave me the date. OVERWHELMING!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Yay, another one, grats! kicking.gifkicking.gif

i read on here about DOs and i also called them a while ago...and yes its true i was on hold only for about 1 minute and a guy answered me..just asked me for the case number and told me that case is waiting interview date...but he cudnt give me the date becoz its not assigned yet.

I called NVC too after that just to confirm(15 mins wait) and the lady told me that they are waiting on police report...l did recieve the police report email from NVC on last friday but as per my understanding the police report will go directly to the consulate processing my case....

I hope they wont delay my case waiting for the police report....but guys we are happy that our AOS is accepted...we did too much running around to complete that becoz my US spouse and I live abroad...so domicile issues,income issues etc was a big head ache but yeah finally our hard work is paying off...

If you got a checklist for something, NVC will not complete your case until they get what they've asked for. Or you request to bring it to the interview and they accept that request. Until then, your case is at a standstill.

CONGRATS TO YOU!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

WE JUST RECEIVED MY EMAIL AS WELL FOR THE EXACT SAME DATE AT 8:30AM.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH :dance::dance::dance::dance: OF US!!

Grats!! kicking.gifkicking.gif

Hi everyone!

So I don't know where to post, we are part Oct and part Nov filer, haha! AOS was mailed in Oct. The IV today, supposedly, when we got an e-mail from NVC which included a 3-paged letter, my husband put on hold mailing the packet.

This is the intro part of the letter (page 1):

"We have reviewed the documents which you submitted in support of an application for an immigrant

visa. Please review the information listed under each applicant's name and provide any documents

which are indicated as missing or need additional information. You must submit the required

information. Failure to provide the requested information will delay your immigrant visa interview."

I'm assuming the AOS has been reviewed, but it does not necessarily say it's approved.

Now, the confusing part (still page 1 of the letter):

"Please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence and write your case number clearly (exactly

as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents."

Should we include the 1st page in the IV packet?

Then another bar coded cover sheet is also included in the letter (2nd page), and it says:

"You must use this cover sheet when you physically submit forms

and/or supporting documents to the NVC.

Place a legible copy of this form on the top of each submission and

mail to the address given below.

Note: Failure to use this cover sheet will delay your visa.

Use this cover sheet only for the case number indicated

below.

Information for any other case(s) being mailed in the

same package

must include the cover sheet for that case."

Should we use this instead of the one produced using the NVC site?

This is part of page 3:

"______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided."

I guess, we are supposed to use the bar coded sheet that came along with this letter.

This rather confused me! I guess it's a blessing in disguise that it took a while before my husband could actually mail my IV packet :lol:

Is this a new process? Anybody else got this type of letter

Thanks in advance!

First off, this is the right place to post ;) Every month, we migrate over to the current month, even if you arrived at NVC in a previous month. It's to make sure there's not a bunch of active NVC threads!

To answer your question, what you received is a false checklist. It happens when NVC reviews a package (in case your AOS), and then requests for the other package. So, nothing to worry about whatsoever :) It's not technically an approval of a package, but it's a great indication. Make sure you call up NVC to confirm your AOS package has been approved.

And no need to include the barcode from that checklist. It's the same as the one from the payment portal.

I got my NOA2 hardcopy today.

3rd paragraph says -

" You should allow a minimum of 30 days for Department of State processing before contacting the NVC"

Is it normal?

It states that on everyone's. It's just to cover their behinds if it takes longer.

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

Thanks for confirming what I said, albeit more eloquently :)

First off, this is the right place to post ;) Every month, we migrate over to the current month, even if you arrived at NVC in a previous month. It's to make sure there's not a bunch of active NVC threads!

To answer your question, what you received is a false checklist. It happens when NVC reviews a package (in case your AOS), and then requests for the other package. So, nothing to worry about whatsoever :) It's not technically an approval of a package, but it's a great indication. Make sure you call up NVC to confirm your AOS package has been approved.

And no need to include the barcode from that checklist. It's the same as the one from the payment portal.

I'm going to call to the NVC right now asking for my case number!! Wish me luck guys!! Last time it the operator was so mean :/

Good luck!

Timeline

Of course I meant that you said it more eloquently, Saylin. Just in case that was confusing. It's 2 am here and I am pretty tired but so wired at the same time because all I want is to know our interview date and have it still be this year.

Of course I meant that you said it more eloquently, Saylin. Just in case that was confusing. It's 2 am here and I am pretty tired but so wired at the same time because all I want is to know our interview date and have it still be this year.

I completely understood, no problems! And what are you doing still up at that hour O_o Go to bed :P

Timeline

I'm totally on US time these days. Can't seem to shake it. Nighttime is the only time I can Skype with my husband and it seems that I always end up moving related tasks during the day and then work for my clients at night. I'm gonna be so happy when I find out the interview date. After that I'm going to finish up emptying my apartment, complete the medical and visit friends and family until I can finally fly out.

I completely understood, no problems! And what are you doing still up at that hour O_o Go to bed :P

Yay finally I got our case number!! :)

Omg, grats! kicking.gifkicking.gif

1. Did you get the IIN?

2. Did you give over both email addresses?

3. Have you emailed the DS-3032?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE

I have a question on Form DS-230

Should the address of spouse in #13 #16 same as what we filled in form I-130?

Timeline

USCIS

04/20/2012: I-130 Sent

04/23/2012: NOA1 Priority Date

04/30/2012: I-797 Rec'd Hard copy

11/01/2012: NOA2 E-mail & Text

11/05/2012: Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC

11/06/2012: NVC received case(Checked by calling)

11/06/2012: Got Case number/IIN from NVC (Over the phone)

11/07/2012: Provided Petitioner/Beneficiary email addresses to NVC

11/07/2012: Sent DS-3032 (EMail version)

11/08/2012: Received email from NVC (AOS Invoice and DS-3032)

11/08/2012: Paid AOS Bill(Status: InProcess)

11/08/2012: Beneficiary emailed Signed/Scanned copy of DS-3032

11/13/2012: AOS Bill Status Changed to PAID

11/13/2012: Sent AOS Package

11/15/2012: NVC Received AOS Packet

11/20/2012: Beneficiary received email from NVC that DS-3032 is accepted

11/21/2012: Received email from NVC about IV Invoice

11/21/2012: Paid IV Fee (Status: InProcess)

11/23/2012: IV Bill Status Changed to PAID)

11/23/2012: Sent IV Package

11/27/2012: NVC Received IV Packet

11/29/2012: NVC Accepted AOS

12/11/2012: NVC Accepted DS-230 partI & II

12/12/2012: Received Interview Date

12/12/2012: Case complete at NVC and Transferred to India

CONSULATE

12/18/2012: Embassy received

12/20/2012: Medical

01/15/2013: Interview

01/18/2013: Visa

03/07/2013: POE

HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE

I have a question on Form DS-230

Should the address of spouse in #13 #16 same as what we filled in form I-130?

Unless one has moved, yes. Why wouldn't it be the same?

Yes they give me that too :) and I did give both email address :) the operator was a boy! He was so friendly :) :)

Yay, great good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.