Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2012

1,098 posts in this topic

hmmm thanks for the info dear you are like walking wikepedia for NVC lolzzz

so when you gonna update your blog? :P

Psst, you should check out my blog. There might be something new there whistling.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah ;) I love it because they ask quick :)

Sooo...Today not talkin to NVC. I chatted with DOS just in case NVC actually had

done more than I was hearing from NVC yesterday. The info I had was that there are

no more Checklist items heading our way (good deal!) and they are currently asking

Moscow for Interview dates..whats available..our petition is somewhere in the

stack of requests I guess. I'm not putting "NVC Approved" on our Timeline until

I see the notice.

If we(Petitioners)didn't call them how would we know the Interview date if not

and Embassy that allows Electronic file?

I presume the Beneficiary would know because of the Notice of Invitation and

list of items to bring sent from the Interviewing Embassy.

Making travel arrangements as far as being Petitioner would be a lot less challenging

if we had "E-notices" such as USCIS does...even if not Electronic filed.

Timeline

in Egypt where my wife lives the police certificate gets done in 2 days, a lot of times you can get it done and pick it up in the same day , it costs as little as $2 and you can get it done at any police station country wide , no matter where you live or have lived your inter life ... so i'm assuming that i just answered my own question .. LOL .

Wow~! That's a good deal! Getting through the "boss tree" in Tashkent was like a National Treasure movie plot!! :rofl:

Lots of fun.. NOT!!

Sooo...Today not talkin to NVC. I chatted with DOS just in case NVC actually had

done more than I was hearing from NVC yesterday. The info I had was that there are

no more Checklist items heading our way (good deal!) and they are currently asking

Moscow for Interview dates..whats available..our petition is somewhere in the

stack of requests I guess. I'm not putting "NVC Approved" on our Timeline until

I see the notice.

If we(Petitioners)didn't call them how would we know the Interview date if not

and Embassy that allows Electronic file?

I presume the Beneficiary would know because of the Notice of Invitation and

list of items to bring sent from the Interviewing Embassy.

Making travel arrangements as far as being Petitioner would be a lot less challenging

if we had "E-notices" such as USCIS does...even if not Electronic filed.

As long as you gave both email addresses to an operator, then you'll get an email with the interview date. This isn't exclusive to EP countries, it's available to all.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I sent my AOS 2 weeks ago today, and the IV package yesterday. Is processing the 864 tied to receiving the IV package? I ask because the previous packages were processed faster than the 864. Also the NVC does not ???? acknowledge receipt of the 864, until after it is completed processing? Seems strange. Lastly, IV package arrived at NVC today, what is the likely time frame to complete processing? Our embassy will be caracas, do you have any feel for likely interview date? I do NOT expect to be asked for any additional information, packages were very complete. THANKS!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Does the embassy send out interview information in addition to the email from the NVC? Or do I just assume that all is in order and rely on the interview date in the email and just show up at the embassy at the appointed date?

I sent my AOS 2 weeks ago today, and the IV package yesterday. Is processing the 864 tied to receiving the IV package? I ask because the previous packages were processed faster than the 864. Also the NVC does not ???? acknowledge receipt of the 864, until after it is completed processing? Seems strange. Lastly, IV package arrived at NVC today, what is the likely time frame to complete processing? Our embassy will be caracas, do you have any feel for likely interview date? I do NOT expect to be asked for any additional information, packages were very complete. THANKS!!

Since the AOS and IV are two separate tracks, they are NOT tied together. NVC reviews what they receive, whether the other package is there or not.

No, NVC does not email you that they received or accepted packages. You can only find this out by calling an operator. And they'll only know AFTER the package has started the review process. Until then, the package does NOT show up on their computers.

It's currently taking 1-2 weeks (on average) for packages to be reviewed.

As for interview times frames, this differs by country. YOU need to do your own research on this. Start here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op7=Venezuela&dfile=No&adv=

Does the embassy send out interview information in addition to the email from the NVC? Or do I just assume that all is in order and rely on the interview date in the email and just show up at the embassy at the appointed date?

Embassy doesn't send out anything. The interview letter from NVC is the last piece of correspondence you'll receive.

Timeline

Thanks! I found that surprising as I always thought the embassy would send some info. Apparently at Frankfurt there is not even a place to deposit cell phones etc. Not sure where they think we are supposed to leave our stuff :whistle:

Since the AOS and IV are two separate tracks, they are NOT tied together. NVC reviews what they receive, whether the other package is there or not.

No, NVC does not email you that they received or accepted packages. You can only find this out by calling an operator. And they'll only know AFTER the package has started the review process. Until then, the package does NOT show up on their computers.

It's currently taking 1-2 weeks (on average) for packages to be reviewed.

As for interview times frames, this differs by country. YOU need to do your own research on this. Start here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op7=Venezuela&dfile=No&adv=

Embassy doesn't send out anything. The interview letter from NVC is the last piece of correspondence you'll receive.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

that is not interlay true , i know the embassy sends out interview letter along with the medical stuff ad documents needed to bring to the interview .. at least thats the case for my wife's country (Egypt ).

in Egypt you will not be allowed inside the embassy without that letter witht he interview date and time stated on it . i don't know about other embassies .

Timeline

As long as you gave both email addresses to an operator, then you'll get an email with the interview date. This isn't exclusive to EP countries, it's available to all.

That we did! They have both E-mail addresses. Hopefully we will see that ONE soon that says...go talk to Mosocw Embassy from now on!!

:dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

No urine tests either. The medical goes as follows (may not be the same order everywhere):

-fill out a form asking for basic information (name, birth date, questions about previous hospitalizations, drug use, etc etc).

-short physical with a doctor who may go over some questions on the filled out form

-X-ray of chest

-simple eye test (I completely failed this with my weak glasses laughing.gif)

-blood test for syphilis

-any vaccines needed (like the flu shot which I was forced to get even though it was after flu season according to everywhere I read headbonk.gif )

That's it. No urine tests. No skin tests.

You should read the FAQ from NVC's site on medicals here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3745.html

Really? Does the vision exam really counts? I'm really worried my husband's medical exam is a week from now. And he has vision problems he wears lenses. Will he be asked to remove them?

Timeline

I didn't have a vision exam at all. The doctor just asked whether I have glassed (I do but they are weak and I don't always wear them). That was it.

Really? Does the vision exam really counts? I'm really worried my husband's medical exam is a week from now. And he has vision problems he wears lenses. Will he be asked to remove them?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just a question!! When printing forms should I print it in normal letter pages or in long pages??

letter.

you could morph it printing A4, if that's the only thing available to you.

This question rarely comes up, as when in 'print preview' mode, you see the size of the form itself.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.