mmyharmony

HELP! clueless US army fiancee

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hai all.. :dance:

this is my first time I post on this forum. now i'm really clueless about how to get started to get a K-1 visa..

I'm a university student in South Korea, I'm from Indonesia and I'm 20 years old.. my boyfriend is U.S army soldier stationed in South Korea. We both met in here since may 2012, and started dating since june 2012, then we decide to get married on august.

we already prepared for marriage license in the U.S army on his base, (i got my translated birth certificate, criminal record, affidavit eligible for marriage, family card, letter from parents, even I did the medical examination because i think they'll need it) but till now we still dont get anything. now we are really worry because he just got next order to go back to the states and will be stationed in ft.irwin CA on december 2012. He talked to his commander and he said we can finished the marriage license but I can't come with him to the states because army can't take care for the visa and we just know about it (i know we are so stupid :( ) then, his commander said the fastest way is the K-1 visa to bring me back with him to the states.

and now, we just have 2 months left and the K-1 visa is need about 6-7 months. but then I decide to go back to Indonesia (after my student visa in korea expired) on february 2013..

so now.. what should I do first? :help:

1.There's any age limit to get a K-1 visa? (we both 20)

2.Can we started the package list from here? (Korea) and can I do the next step, and interview in Indonesia?

3.Who will file the I-129F package? me or my boyfriend? and we have to filed it to USCIS Dallas Lockbox, in Texas right? or Nebraska Service Center? I heard it would be faster because he's the current member of the military? (since we both outside the US I'm not sure about it)

4.what's the next step and where they can inform it? (me or my boyfriend)

I really clueless about it.. anybody can explain this for me? thank u so much and have a nice day everyone! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

First, read the excellent guide in this site,

http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide

You both will be fine to apply for K-1 visa.

2.Can we started the package list from here? (Korea) and can I do the next step, and interview in Indonesia?

Yes, you can begin your package in Korea and have the interview in US Embassy in Jakarta. You will need to use Indonesia's address.

3.Who will file the I-129F package? me or my boyfriend? and we have to filed it to USCIS Dallas Lockbox, in Texas right? or Nebraska Service Center? I heard it would be faster because he's the current member of the military? (since we both outside the US I'm not sure about it)

Your fiance will be the one to file I-129 petition. Yes, you will need to submit the petition to Dallas lockbox.

During the initial of processing USCIS will inform your US fiance.

Edited by dandk

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hai all.. :dance:

this is my first time I post on this forum. now i'm really clueless about how to get started to get a K-1 visa..

I'm a university student in South Korea, I'm from Indonesia and I'm 20 years old.. my boyfriend is U.S army soldier stationed in South Korea. We both met in here since may 2012, and started dating since june 2012, then we decide to get married on august.

we already prepared for marriage license in the U.S army on his base, (i got my translated birth certificate, criminal record, affidavit eligible for marriage, family card, letter from parents, even I did the medical examination because i think they'll need it) but till now we still dont get anything. now we are really worry because he just got next order to go back to the states and will be stationed in ft.irwin CA on december 2012. He talked to his commander and he said we can finished the marriage license but I can't come with him to the states because army can't take care for the visa and we just know about it (i know we are so stupid sad.gif ) then, his commander said the fastest way is the K-1 visa to bring me back with him to the states.

and now, we just have 2 months left and the K-1 visa is need about 6-7 months. but then I decide to go back to Indonesia (after my student visa in korea expired) on february 2013..

so now.. what should I do first? :help:

I really clueless about it.. anybody can explain this for me? thank u so much and have a nice day everyone! biggrin.gif

Hi there, hope you will see this message. Im kinda in the same situation like you do and i wanna hear what happened to your request. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm confused. Are you guys already married?

// OUR K1 VISA JOURNEY //

12/29/2012 - I-129F Packet Sent
01/09/2013 - NOA 1
06/19/2013 - NOA 2
07/12/2013 - Our Case Was Shipped to NVC
07/19/2013 - Called NVC And Got A MNL Case Number
07/22/2013 - Scheduled Interview Online (August 12th)
07/29-30/2013 - SLEC Read my Medical Exam Review
08/12/2013 - Interview Read My Review | Documents I prepared | Tracking my Visa status
08/16/2013 - Visa On Hand Pick up via 2GO MOA
08/27/2013 - CFO seminar and sticker Read my CFO experience
09/01/2013 – POE To U.S.
09/14/2013 - Got married

// AOS Journey //

10/03/2013 - Sent AOS Packet via USPS Priority | My AOS Packet

10/10/2013 - NOA 1 received via text and email (AOS, AP, and EAD) AOS Acceptance 10/09, AP and EAD Initial Review 10/07

10/14/2013 - NOA received via mail (AOS, AP, and EAD)

10/21/2013 - Letter for Biomettrics appointment received

11/04/2013 - RFE from checking online

11/07/2013 - Biometrics

11/08/2013 - Received the RFE letter in the mail & sent RFE on the same day!!

11/14/2013 - RFE respond received

12/04/2013 - I-485 Family-based Card in production (a.m.) then went to Decision (p.m.) - NO interview

12/09/2013 - Green Card was mailed!

12/11/2013 - GC received! 2 months and 1 day from the NOA1

Read how we expedite our case

// EAD/AP //

Terminated as Green Card was approved first.

You can also view my Timeline

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

If you guys are not married yet, I suggest you don't get married in South Korea.k-1 is the fastest way of the two, however you will not qualify for it if you get married because it's a fiancée visa.

1. There are no age limits on k-1 , however there is a poverty guideline that your fiancé as your sponsor needs to meet. It's best to make sure your fiancé will meet the guidelines before filing. If his income is not enough you get a co sponsor,

2.you can start the package from there, but if you're going to go home in what, 2 months, why not put the package together and wait till you go back to mail it from Indonesia ?

3. Because your boyfriend is the American party, he will be filing on his own behalf.

4. After your send your package you will be send a notice of action, which is pretty much the lockbox confirming they received your package and have began processing it. After that there will be another notice of action, conformingt hat you were approved or denied.

The easiest way to go about the k-1 process is to read the guide the other member linked and do exactly as stated in that guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.