nan2

June 2012 Vermont Filers

152 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
<br>This is how I feel about calling uscis.

Haha! I guess so many of us are feeling this way! So frustrating to have a number that is so useless... Have you read the VSC director interview? He says himself that the 1-800 number is useless...Hate this black box !

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh man. I check igor's list/ refresh the USCIS status page like 30 times a day. This needs to stop. Now that we are in the June filer approval zone, the wait is unbearable

Same boat here. We have the same NOA1 date too.

I am getting frustrated, because I am not seeing people posting approvals. I want to see like 15 a day. 1 or 2 isn't cutting it.

Plus...I have also heard that Saturday is a business day for the USCIS. I never see petitions approved on Saturday. Was this wrong?

I am not sure how much more I can take. I guess I just keep wanting to at least get approved before Christmas. :help:

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

05/15/14 ACCEPTED FINGERPRINT FEE

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

04/03/15 RFE FOR MEDICAL AND VACCINATION (I-693)

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

07/11/15 EAD/AP EXPIRATION

Timeline
<br>No, but where can I find it? I need a quick humor fix!<br>

Top of the K1 forum, the topic is pinned. I'd love to post the link but I need 1 or 2 more posts for this (no links (or smileys!!) for newbies) There is another interview, of a former USCIS employee that is pretty interesting. I'll post both links as soon as I can.

I am not sure it is a humor fix though... but it is kind of nice to know a bit of what is going on, it is a bit less of a black box after that.

I am the benifeciary

event.png

Timeline

Ok the links of the interviews and Q and A

VSC Director: visajourney.com/forums/topic/220499-k-1-petition-information/

USCIS Adjudicator: visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Sry, you'll have to copy/paste it, it keeps telling me that I can't post links yet.

I am the benifeciary

event.png

Timeline

Well I called the USCIS today. I talked to a nice lady named Rosa, who basically told me nothing at all. She said they use 5.6 months as a standard, but they don't do service requests until the start of the following month, which would be 6 months. She said if my status hasn't changed as of the 11th (my NOA1 date) that I need to call back and they will open a service request for me. She said they can't see if it is assigned or anything. Well looks like I am holding tight for another week. :wacko:

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

Well I called the USCIS today. I talked to a nice lady named Rosa, who basically told me nothing at all. She said they use 5.6 months as a standard, but they don't do service requests until the start of the following month, which would be 6 months. She said if my status hasn't changed as of the 11th (my NOA1 date) that I need to call back and they will open a service request for me. She said they can't see if it is assigned or anything. Well looks like I am holding tight for another week. :wacko:

They're all so kind and sweet that I always feel like a jerk for hating them so much.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Called uscis today aswell.. Spoke with Darrell. Very nice rep. We talked for 25 mins,,, i was asking all kinds of questions trying to get information,,, the conversation got nowhere.. He told me there is no tier 2 or any other place i could call to get a better answer... Calling uscis will do nothing for you,, sadly..

Timeline

Man! I really did everything I could to be as seriously nice as possible in the hopes that she would do something special for me. Waste!!

She did (or said she did) try to put in a service request, but said it wouldn't let her. Maybe I shouldn't have called at all bc now I'm like more antsy than I was yesterday.

Novembro - have you checked the website about your case?

Am I the only one that's like totally frustrated about seeing 2 freaking approvals per day?!?!? Where did the 10 a day go???

I don't think I'll give a crapola how long the process takes once we're together, but the distance is MISERABLE!!!

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

Holly, it's absolute nonsense! If you like your senator, try and get him/her to process your case. It can help! I did check my status and it says the forever "in intial review" even though I've been told different. I'll be phoning them tomorrow for sure.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

Man! I really did everything I could to be as seriously nice as possible in the hopes that she would do something special for me. Waste!!

She did (or said she did) try to put in a service request, but said it wouldn't let her. Maybe I shouldn't have called at all bc now I'm like more antsy than I was yesterday.

Novembro - have you checked the website about your case?

Am I the only one that's like totally frustrated about seeing 2 freaking approvals per day?!?!? Where did the 10 a day go???

I don't think I'll give a crapola how long the process takes once we're together, but the distance is MISERABLE!!!

What I guess is "service request" will work only if we are behind schedule. We called yesterday, it was 6 months since they received our 129-f, and they didn't even let us put a service request (not sure my fiancé asked for it though, but well)... Truth is, this is awefull, but I don't think we are behind schedule... they are looking at our files right now. They won't dig in to take a particular june file instead of another june file. It is SOOOOO long, but an answer will be there soon. Let's stay optimistic my friends!smile.gif

I am the benifeciary

event.png

Timeline

Keep us updated Novembro.

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

Timeline

They posted an update on the uscis site. It says as of October 31st they were working on 5/28. That was more than a month ago and I'm 13 days after that. I want mine. (Insert pathetic whine here LOL).

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

They posted an update on the uscis site. It says as of October 31st they were working on 5/28. That was more than a month ago and I'm 13 days after that. I want mine. (Insert pathetic whine here LOL).

Our NAO1 dates are same. Hope we get approved soon :) It should be any day now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.