nan2

June 2012 Vermont Filers

152 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's hard and we're all feeling the effects. I'm lucky that I got to spend the summer with Simon - he left on August 20th, but this has been the hardest 3 months. I think it makes it all the more harder that we don't have definite timelines and so much could happen. I mean our lives are in the hands of someone else. People that don't know us, likely don't care and see hundreds (thousands?) of cases just like our every month. To me, that's the part getting me down. Even though I know we'll do everything we can to get everything situated and all will be ok in the end, it is still hard and lonely living every day without the man I love and worried that something will cause us to wait even longer to be together.

I'm a planner and it's hard not being able to plan for the next 3 months or 6 months.

I'm pretending to plan a March wedding. I am getting everything ready, so that we can book/buy/organize as soon as we know. Beyond that? I have no idea what I'm doing.

I will say that I never thought I would be so obsessed with watching approvals, dates, timelines, etc. I think I check Igor's List and the USCIS website 100 times a day each.

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

05/15/14 ACCEPTED FINGERPRINT FEE

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

04/03/15 RFE FOR MEDICAL AND VACCINATION (I-693)

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

07/11/15 EAD/AP EXPIRATION

Timeline

It's hard and we're all feeling the effects. I'm lucky that I got to spend the summer with Simon - he left on August 20th, but this has been the hardest 3 months. I think it makes it all the more harder that we don't have definite timelines and so much could happen. I mean our lives are in the hands of someone else. People that don't know us, likely don't care and see hundreds (thousands?) of cases just like our every month. To me, that's the part getting me down. Even though I know we'll do everything we can to get everything situated and all will be ok in the end, it is still hard and lonely living every day without the man I love and worried that something will cause us to wait even longer to be together.

I'm a planner and it's hard not being able to plan for the next 3 months or 6 months.

I'm pretending to plan a March wedding. I am getting everything ready, so that we can book/buy/organize as soon as we know. Beyond that? I have no idea what I'm doing.

I will say that I never thought I would be so obsessed with watching approvals, dates, timelines, etc. I think I check Igor's List and the USCIS website 100 times a day each.

I'm in limbo too, so understand how you're feeling. At least you applied earlier than me! I'd no idea how long it would take :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Happy thanksgiving everyone. We saw a june filer get approved this week. Hopefully next week will bring good news to a lot of june filers :)

That would an amazing!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Our Journey
2007: Met at the University of Florida at a Japanese Language table session.
Dec 13 2007: Officially became a couple
May 27, 2012: Engaged

The K-1 Visa Journey
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
I-129F Sent : 2012-05-31
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-06-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-02-06
Packet 3 received: 2013-04-28

Interview Date: 2013-05-07

K-1 Visa recieved from Japan: 2013-05-14

US POE: 2013-10-07

Wedding: 2013-12-13

ieFim5.png

Timeline

Keeping the thread alive!

Anyone hear anything yet? I am getting so anxious since December is close approaching!

Our Journey

The K-1 Visa Journey

ieFim5.png

Received the NOA2 email last night - Approved! Yippee!!!

09/11/2009 Met Online

04/17/2010 First In Person Date

03/23/2012 Engaged

06/01/2012 K-129F mailed

06/08/2012 NOA1

11/26/2012 NOA2

12/19/2012 Package 3 rec'd

12/20/2012 Package 3 sent

12/31/2012 Package 4 rec'd

02/15/2013 Medical appt in Toronto with Dr. Mascarenhas

03/04/2013 Interview @ Montreal Consulate - APPROVED!

03/06/2013 K1 Visa arrived at Loomis

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Called USCIS Yesterday and they told me they're working on April 16. I hope that's just their standard way of telling us to wait. I am relieved to see some June filers getting approved now. I can hardly wait!

June 5 noa1.

Timeline

Called USCIS Yesterday and they told me they're working on April 16. I hope that's just their standard way of telling us to wait. I am relieved to see some June filers getting approved now. I can hardly wait!

June 5 noa1.

That's straight from the website. They were working on April 16th as of September 30th. That's their way of saying that they have no idea. The regular phone people don't offer much in the ways of help.

Yay!!! Congratulations!!

AOS to K1

04/30/14 RECEIVED

05/15/14 ACCEPTED FINGERPRINT FEE

07/12/14 EAD/AP

08/13/14 NPIW

04/03/15 RFE FOR MEDICAL AND VACCINATION (I-693)

06/29/15 RFE DUE DATE

07/11/15 EAD/AP EXPIRATION

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

The average processing time for vermont given on USCIS site is 5.6 months. Many of us are now beyond the average time. Does any one know what the options are now.

I have heard about the use of buzzwords like

- Tier 2

- Service Request

when talking with USCIS representatives on phone but dont know what these actually mean. If majority of us call them, will it help speed things up ?

The average processing time for vermont given on USCIS site is 5.6 months. Many of us are now beyond the average time. Does any one know what the options are now.

I have heard about the use of buzzwords like

- Tier 2

- Service Request

when talking with USCIS representatives on phone but dont know what these actually mean. If majority of us call them, will it help speed things up ?

I think even calling they will tell you to wait, as I heard, but never hurts if you call I guess, If you do call, let us know what they say. Good Luck :)

Thats great news, Congrats :dance:

June 5 noa1.

I just wish they would update there website up to Oct 30, 2012. :(

Our Journey

06/12/12 - K-1 Sent

06/19/12 - NOA1

12/15/12 - NOA 2

02/11/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!

"Complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind." - Philippians 2:2

tumblr-love-quotes_large.jpg

event.png

Timeline

I just wish they would update there website up to Oct 30, 2012. :(

soon ^^

Our Journey

The K-1 Visa Journey

ieFim5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.