chemneo

Birth Certificate, Previous Foreign Marriage Record

5 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi All:

I am going to need your help, again. Here is the issue. I nearly completed my AOS package (130+485) However, there is still one big issue, troubling me day and night.

I married my ex-spouse in Turkey and we got divorced in the States. I, then, married a U.S. Citizen. Apparently, USCIS requires Turkish Citizens to submit their birth certificate. (Actually it is not a birth certificate, it is a copy of your registration to the national identity registry, and all of the information is verbatim with the Turkish National ID). Problem: my previous marriage still appears on that document, and the divorce section is blank.

I can indeed file for recognition of the foreign divorce in a Turkish Court, but that process will take forever.

Question 1. Have any other Turkish Citizen forum member had a similar experience.

Question 2. Can I use an official translation of my National ID, received from the consulate, instead of the "birth certificate."

Question 3. Even if I submit the "birth certificate" as is, do you think that would be a problem?

Need your help guys/gals!

Chemneo

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

you really can't get around the nufus doc. You have to have it. There is another birth document that doesn't list the entire family. But I believe that toi would not say single. Also, doesn't your national ID read married then also?

Thanks tolsab!

I'll prefer any other document to this one. National Id only says Married, and I am married allright. However, the nufus doc gives dates, location, and bunch of other information, which looks really awkward. What about the other birth document? Consulate offered me to give an official translation of my National ID first, and I said no to that offer. Shall I go back and get the other birt doc, or an official translation of my National Id from the consulate (so far, on the nufus doc, nothing indicates that it is a birth cert.)

Filed: Timeline

I will have to take a look when I get home tonight to let you know what it's call officially. My husband got it in error when going to get the Nufus kayat. I know that this birth registration document is actually in english and Turkish. It's in 8 different languages from what I recall. I copied it twice and highlighted the english on every section to show the adjudicator.

Thanks tolsab!

I'll prefer any other document to this one. National Id only says Married, and I am married allright. However, the nufus doc gives dates, location, and bunch of other information, which looks really awkward. What about the other birth document? Consulate offered me to give an official translation of my National ID first, and I said no to that offer. Shall I go back and get the other birt doc, or an official translation of my National Id from the consulate (so far, on the nufus doc, nothing indicates that it is a birth cert.)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi All:

I am going to need your help, again. Here is the issue. I nearly completed my AOS package (130+485) However, there is still one big issue, troubling me day and night.

I married my ex-spouse in Turkey and we got divorced in the States. I, then, married a U.S. Citizen. Apparently, USCIS requires Turkish Citizens to submit their birth certificate. (Actually it is not a birth certificate, it is a copy of your registration to the national identity registry, and all of the information is verbatim with the Turkish National ID). Problem: my previous marriage still appears on that document, and the divorce section is blank.

I can indeed file for recognition of the foreign divorce in a Turkish Court, but that process will take forever.

Question 1. Have any other Turkish Citizen forum member had a similar experience.

Question 2. Can I use an official translation of my National ID, received from the consulate, instead of the "birth certificate."

Question 3. Even if I submit the "birth certificate" as is, do you think that would be a problem?

Need your help guys/gals!

Chemneo

to

When you got divorce in US does not mean you are divorce in Turkey. You need to summit your divorce papers in turkey

I will have to take a look when I get home tonight to let you know what it's call officially. My husband got it in error when going to get the Nufus kayat. I know that this birth registration document is actually in english and Turkish. It's in 8 different languages from what I recall. I copied it twice and highlighted the english on every section to show the adjudicator.

Sabrina did you remember I open a topic about this .....

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.