djricky4

October 2012 AOS Filers

531 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congratulations.I am surprised it came on a saturday.My timeline is almost the same as your husbands.I saw that my case was updated yesterday giving me an inerview date of Jan 30.I am hoping the EAD comes quickly because my wife has a job offer.Does the EAD card come after the interview?

Just recieved texts - my ead and ap are approved!

K1 PROCESS
1/14/12 - I-129f sent to Dallas, TX, 1/18/12 - received by VSC
1/20/12 - NOA 1
7/19/12 - NOA 2 - YES AFTER 183 DAYS!!!
7/27/12 - NVC received
8/02/12 - Consulate received
8/23/12 - Medical exam appt
9/06/12 - Interview @ 9am - Approved! smile.png
9/28/12 - POE - Vienna - London - Philly

Wedding - 10/6/12 @ 1:30pm ET

AOS
10/20/12 - AOS sent to Chicago lockbox
10/26/12 - NOA1s for all 3 forms
11/28/12 - Biometrics appointment
12/29/12 - EAD & AP approved
01/08/13 - EAD combo card received

06/28/13 - AOS approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I was surprised to see a text of approval on a Saturday as well - especially during the holiday interim. Now we just have to wait for the card. (F):whistle:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations.I am surprised it came on a saturday.My timeline is almost the same as your husbands.I saw that my case was updated yesterday giving me an inerview date of Jan 30.I am hoping the EAD comes quickly because my wife has a job offer.Does the EAD card come after the interview?

Congrats to you.

I want to give your information for EAD timeline.

On my opinion you will get EAD before interview.

I got EAD approve on dec 19.

EAD ordered production on dec 26.

Mail out on dec 27

online status show expect delivery on dec 29 but I did not get it yet.

I hope to get it on dec 31.

So the timeline from approve take around 2 week so you will get it before jan 30.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I was surprised to see a text of approval on a Saturday as well - especially during the holiday interim. Now we just have to wait for the card. (F):whistle:

Congrats to you. One step closer to become green :dance:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

hi guys, my wife's EAD/AP is still stuck in initial review, and while her AOS is at the testing/interview stage. Am i to assume, they willl probably forgo the EAD/AP application, and just wait for our interview to be over, and get green card right away instead of getting the EAD/AP?

btw, it's been stuck in testing/interview stage for more than 2 weeks already.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congrats to the peeps with recent approvals.

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, just a curiosity.. I filed my AOS oct.15.. I was able to check my status online 2 months after I filed my AOS.. As of now it says my EAD was been mailed yesterday December 31 (good news for new year isn't it?) and my AP is approved.. My EaD and AP was approved on December 21. My EaD is in card production and has been mailed and my AP is still on "decision" what does it mean? Why my AP status didn't change to card production as well? My AOS is still in testing and interview.. It's been 3 weeks but til now they haven't give me the schedule yet.. I have friend who had an interview scheduled already and she filed her AOS November. Should I start calling USCIS? They haven't send me any letter yet for my AOS, EAD and AP status.

Filed: Timeline

??

I think you may be a little confused. If you have an interview scheduled then congrats! the interview is for the GC. If your approved (which I dont see why you wouldnt be) then you dont need an EAD card, the GC is all you need. Actually once you have the GC you should go back to SS and ask for a 'new SS card' to be printed and mailed to you, since you are now a resident (one w/o the words valid only for work with DHS approval on it) Because you have an interview scheduled so soon you may not receive an EAD card at all- you may have to just wait for the GC, or you might receive the EAD before the GC interview- I really dont know.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

my card was mailed today

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

??

I think you may be a little confused. If you have an interview scheduled then congrats! the interview is for the GC. If your approved (which I dont see why you wouldnt be) then you dont need an EAD card, the GC is all you need. Actually once you have the GC you should go back to SS and ask for a 'new SS card' to be printed and mailed to you, since you are now a resident (one w/o the words valid only for work with DHS approval on it) Because you have an interview scheduled so soon you may not receive an EAD card at all- you may have to just wait for the GC, or you might receive the EAD before the GC interview- I really dont know.

I understand that the interview is for the GC, but I thought the whole point of the EAD was to allow you to work while a decision is being made on the green card.The green card interview being late jan actually hurts me because the earliest the card can come will be a week after the interview.Id much rather prefer to get the EAD card so she can start work sooner.

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi guys, just a curiosity.. I filed my AOS oct.15.. I was able to check my status online 2 months after I filed my AOS.. As of now it says my EAD was been mailed yesterday December 31 (good news for new year isn't it?) and my AP is approved.. My EaD and AP was approved on December 21. My EaD is in card production and has been mailed and my AP is still on "decision" what does it mean? Why my AP status didn't change to card production as well? My AOS is still in testing and interview.. It's been 3 weeks but til now they haven't give me the schedule yet.. I have friend who had an interview scheduled already and she filed her AOS November. Should I start calling USCIS? They haven't send me any letter yet for my AOS, EAD and AP status.

The AP will never change to card production, only the EAD will. When you get your card it will say on the bottom that it serves as Advanced Parole. We've been in the Testing/Interview stage since the beginning of Dec. You have to sit tight & wait for a date to open up at your local office. It will update online when the card is mailed & when it's delivered.

Husband's AOS Journey from VWP Entry

6/22/2012 Boyfriend entered US under VWP

9/15/2012 We got married!

9/21/2012 Stamp on passport expired

9/28/2012 Mailed I-130 & I-485 packets to Chicago Lock box via USPS Priority

10/2/2012 Received Date

10/4/2012 Notice Date

10/9/2012 Received text & email notifications for NOA (4 forms)

10/12/2012 Received hard copies of NOAs (all 4 forms- I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765)

10/15/2012 Received NOA with Biometrics Appointment

10/30/2012 Completed Biometrics (completed on date assigned)

12/11/2012 EAD & AP Approved

12/20/2012 EAD/AP Combo Card Arrived

2/6/2013 Notification for Interview

3/15/2013 Interview- APPROVED!!!! :)

My card was mailed today, they are pretty fast!

K1 PROCESS
1/14/12 - I-129f sent to Dallas, TX, 1/18/12 - received by VSC
1/20/12 - NOA 1
7/19/12 - NOA 2 - YES AFTER 183 DAYS!!!
7/27/12 - NVC received
8/02/12 - Consulate received
8/23/12 - Medical exam appt
9/06/12 - Interview @ 9am - Approved! smile.png
9/28/12 - POE - Vienna - London - Philly

Wedding - 10/6/12 @ 1:30pm ET

AOS
10/20/12 - AOS sent to Chicago lockbox
10/26/12 - NOA1s for all 3 forms
11/28/12 - Biometrics appointment
12/29/12 - EAD & AP approved
01/08/13 - EAD combo card received

06/28/13 - AOS approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.